Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Latest info on the game from IGN's podcast:

Zack and Wiki
- Was supposed to have the exclusive review on Zack and Wiki up tonight, but they couldn't complete it - stuck on a really hard (but awesome) puzzle.
- Maybe half-way through the game, and don't have any concerns about the length (about 15 hours).
- Difficulty is great, ramps up as the game progresses. Everytime you step into a new level, you're confronted with more new and unique puzzles.
- Puzzles and controls are lots of fun. Definitely recommend it - will be an editor's choice. Go and preorder it right now. One of the best 3rd party games on Wii. One of the very few Wii games that simply could not be replicated on another console. A "must-have title".
- The puzzles are challenging, you may need to even get help from friends (which you can). "Best designed puzzles in a decade" - probably superior to Zelda. "The quality and consistency of these puzzles is just insane."
- Don't have many complaints - wish they would supply more puzzles through WiiConnect24, sometimes need to use exact motions yet sometimes it's pretty much guess-work, sometimes trial-and-error gameplay might annoy.
- But it's a really good game. Saw the GameInformer review - definitely not a mid-7's game.
- Really smart puzzles and really beautiful (though sometimes framerate takes a dip). The animation is awesome - looks like you're watching a cartoon. Lots of polish and little elements that many other developers would not even think about including. "Insane production values."
- Next week there will be massive coverage of the game.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wow very impressive
biggrin.gif
Other Wii developers would be wise to take note.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Capcom are one of those companies whose work is as good as it ever was, their stuff on the 360 outshines many others on there. This game looks so damn good, the developers seemed to have looked at what the Wii can offer and use it to their advantage.

They seem to listen to the fans too, everyones going "Okami must be ported on the Wii" and that happens! Fans start a Res Evil PSP petition, they listen and even ask the author of the petition to update them on it!

Shame their stuff is a bit crap when ported to the PC though and its a shame that they won't bring a proper Mega Man game to the DS but compared to other publishers they do an amazing job.

squeakypants

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know. It looks like it could be cool, but the motion controls and such look pretty gimmicky. "Better than Zelda"... It very well could be, but it does sound to me like their entire "Zack and Wiki Campaign" was just paid off. I guess we'll find out in 2 days.

shineget

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, super excited about it now, hope it lives up to the hype. At first i was kinda looking forward to it, looked like a fun game. but now it's easily my second most anticipated game of the year. (after mario)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
More scores:

Nintendo Power: 9/10
Game Informer: 8.25/10 & 7.75/10
Famitsu: 9,9,8,7

So at the very least its a good game.

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
but teh reviews prove nothingz!

lol@ gamestop giving it a 8.5

I'll likely buy this game when it comes out over here, I just hope it doesn't take too long
frown.gif

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Superior to Zelda?!?!?

This is something I've gotta check out.
Ever since their Crayola Review of 8.0 I've been kinda doubtful.

Anyway, the videos look quite good, so I won't be surprised if this hits Editor's Choice or 9.0+ rating.

EDIT: Woops, I just saw the review, looks insanely-mega-ultra fantastic with a 9.0 rating on IGN.
Haha, I want a video review from Gametrailer.com

WarmWoollySheep

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IGN said:
the game asks the user to perform actions that simply can’t be done without the Wii remote. This is the type of engaging, innovative interaction we all imagined when seeing the controller for the first time, and it’s exciting to see a developer that really gets what the system is all about. Even more than Mario Galaxy, Zelda, or Wii Sports, Zack & Wiki delivers an experience that you can only find on Wii.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow. I may have to dig my Wii out of the plastic bag it's stashed away in, in my cupboard and hook it up for this one. I've been so disappointed with the Wii so far, even MP3 bored me to tears. This game sounds promising though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...