Yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator has been ported to Android

dfs.png

The Yuzu development team has just released their Nintendo Switch emulator for a new platform. Today, Yuzu has been ported to Android, bringing yet another Nintendo Switch emulator to mobile devices. This release follows nearly a month after Skyline ended its development. Yuzu for Android's initial release lacks parity with the desktop version, and it currently does not have LDN multiplayer and other features, as the team wants to focus on optimization first and foremost.

You need Android 11 and some Vulkan extensions in order to run Yuzu. You can grab the emulator from the Google Play Store if you want to try it out. A full blog post on the official Yuzu site also details the development process of the port.

:arrow: Source

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Lol you think Yuzu hasn't been on Ninty's radar since launch? Flashcarts function entirely different from emulators, but even several of those have found a way to circumvent DMCA, and that's why you can still easily find them for almost every Nintendo portable on Amazon/AliExpress/eBay.
I'm not sure what point you think you're making. Nintendo aren't the world police.
Post automatically merged:

I mean, that's the point. There are tons of programs online that are totally legal themselves (emulator for example) but the end user may use it the way it wants, legally or illegally.
Plex is one of them. It is a legal program that can be used of both legal or illegal way
Because they don't violate the DMCA. Which Dolphin and Yuzu do.

As did DeCSS

https://variety.com/2004/digital/features/dvd-org-desists-on-decss-1117899006/

Last edited by smf,

mario-lucis-caelum

Trophies
XP
Country
So my Asus RoG phone 3 will run it smoothly👀 (Snapdragon 865)
You can try but I doubt it. Maybe after a couple of updates. There are some playable games though. From the games I tested, Final Fantasy Pixel Remastered, Hunterx, Labyrinth of Refrain, Trails from Zero, and Trails To Azure are pretty playable with almost no slow downs.

Which 3D Turnip driver did you use? When I tried to load any driver through yuzu it crash (xiaomi 11 SD 888)
Unfortunately, the 3D Turnip Driver I'm using doesn't work on Snapdragon 865 and up (I tested it out on my 865 phone and the emulator just crashes when I try to load games). It only works on 860 and below for some reason.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure what point you think you're making. Nintendo aren't the world police.
Post automatically merged:

Because they don't violate the DMCA. Which Dolphin and Yuzu do.

As did DeCSS

https://variety.com/2004/digital/features/dvd-org-desists-on-decss-1117899006/
Yuzu does?
If they don't use nintendo patented codes, dont provides anything owned by nintendo (roms, firmware, title keys, etc) then they dont do anything illegal, right? It's how people will use it that might be

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm struggling to understand why.
No game on the switch uses the touchscreen at all, and phone gaming is a lost cause.

I suppose for those who can't even access a Nintendo switch in any legal capacity, sure... But why pay $2000+ USD for a phone to barely emulate Mario Odyssey?

mrcroket

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm struggling to understand why.
No game on the switch uses the touchscreen at all, and phone gaming is a lost cause.

I suppose for those who can't even access a Nintendo switch in any legal capacity, sure... But why pay $2000+ USD for a phone to barely emulate Mario Odyssey?
Nobody is going to buy a phone to play switch games, being able to play switch games is a plus if you have a powerful mobile. And for your information there are hundreds of mobile controllers, like the gamesir x2, which fits in a pocket and that I use for example for retroarch and ppsspp.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yuzu does?
If they don't use nintendo patented codes, dont provides anything owned by nintendo (roms, firmware, title keys, etc) then they dont do anything illegal, right? It's how people will use it that might be
No, that is not right. By being able to decrypt Switch games, it violates the DMCA. Which kinda works similarly to a patent, except Nintendo didn't have to invent anything patent-able to be protected.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, that is not right. By being able to decrypt Switch games, it violates the DMCA. Which kinda works similarly to a patent, except Nintendo didn't have to invent anything patent-able to be protected.
I thought it was the purpose of title.keys to decrypt switch games.
If they dont provide it themselves, it's all fine, no?

Reactions: 91ajames

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought it was the purpose of title.keys to decrypt switch games.
If they dont provide it themselves, it's all fine, no?
The keys are just data, they have to implement the algorithm. This violates the DMCA.

Even though it would be legal to implement that algorithm for other uses, telling people how to use it to decrypt switch games violates the DMCA.

In the UK it was legal to sell either cannabis seeds or hydroponics equipment, you could be prosecuted for selling both or telling people where to get the other. It's kinda like that.

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Gah, i'm bummed out. I can't use Yuzu on my Huawei P30 Pro because it doesn't have Android 11. What should i do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all