Homebrew yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator discussion

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I downloaded Animal Crossing BCAT events, but where do I need to place the folders? I don't know anything about it where to place them. It contains the following directories:

Animal Crossing New Horizons BCAT Events v1.10.0a > directories > itemDeli and EventDeli. In those folders are the files, but where to place them? Thanks.

Just so you knmow, I use yuzu, ao there is no option such as open BCAT save data location.
Or doesn't yuzu support BCAT at all?

Last edited by thekarter104,

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really hope yuzu runs well on the new Steam Deck. That would be so nice. Dolphin will run superb, no doubt. Cemu most likely too.

Btw, big question: Is it somehow possible to simulate the local multiplayer feature with yuzu (the adhoc WiFi direct connection) so a yuzu user and a Switch owner can play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, each one with their own separate device?
And if not, is it at least possible with Switch LAN Play?

I mean seriously: If a Steam Deck yuzu and a real Nintendo Switch can enjoy local multiplayer, how freakin' amazing would that be?!

Edit: Seems like at least the online route (aka Switch LAN Play) would be possible with Ryujinx:

Last edited by lordelan,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'm also very curious to see if Yuzu will run well on Steam Deck, I've never really liked playing on PC but Steam Deck catches my attention just because it's something closer to a console.
Well, Yuzu obviously isn't on Steam, so you'd still have to interact with the desktop environment to install/configure it. You could of course add a shortcut for it to Steam after that, though.

RamiroObrien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Is the Yuzu Emulator Legal to Download? Yes, Yuzu is legal and as far as we know is not breaking any laws regarding emulation. Emulators are allowed to exist and be available so long as they do not contain copywritten source code from the original console.They have a guide prepared for user to easily set up Yuzu Nintendo Switch Emulator for emulating Nintendo Switch games. There are two emulators: Yuzu and Ryujinx. ... Others, like Mario Odyssey, run better on Yuzu. So just run some games on one, and some on the other.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with Odyssey, I got done moons on cascade kingdom and got my way into the Odyssey. Everytime the emulator crashes... Once, it started saying loading web applet and then it crashes. How to get around with?
Is there a way to disable web applet?
Everything is up to date.
Thanks.

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Does anyone know if the MacOS version got any progress?
For Mac I’d suggest Ryujinx- at least for the time being.

I have a problem with Odyssey, I got done moons on cascade kingdom and got my way into the Odyssey. Everytime the emulator crashes... Once, it started saying loading web applet and then it crashes. How to get around with?
Is there a way to disable web applet?
Everything is up to date.
Thanks.
https://yuzu-emu.org/wiki/switch-mods/

Go here
Get disable web applet, disable dynamic resolution, then read through the others to see if any of them apply to you

Then open Yuzu, right click Mario odyssey, select “open mod data location”, and put the mods in.
Make sure the mods are extracted so when you open the individual mod folders, the first thing you see is exeFS or romFS

Then go back to Yuzu, right click Mario odyssey, go to properties, and check the mods to see if they show up properly

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! Can I use dolphinbar like lightgun with Yuzu?
No need, do you see any on your switch?
It's because the joycons use gyroscope instead of infrared for the motion sense part
You need a bluetooth receptor though

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end