Homebrew yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator discussion

EduAAA

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Are these serious questions or are people trolling? You can't use Tinfoil or SXOS in Yuzu. Yuzu is an emulator on your computer those are apps for the actual Switch.
You can indeed install Tinfoil, I did and it runs, what I didn't try though is to connect it through https to any site

Reactions: Mama Looigi

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Are these serious questions or are people trolling? You can't use Tinfoil or SXOS in Yuzu. Yuzu is an emulator on your computer those are apps for the actual Switch.
I guess they want to use it to download pirated games through Tinfoil rather than download the games manually. I don't think this method will work for that, though.

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I downloaded Command & Conquer on that Switch site, it appears to be homebrew, so I have a problem there.
How do I get homebrew to work on the Yuzu emulator? It keeps infinite looping and I noticed there are extra folders for homebrew.
I tested a commercial game to test and it loads fine, so why homebrew doesn't? What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: 2 days later and I still haven't figured it out. What do I need to do and where to place all the folders for homebrew, because does homebrew even work on Yuzu? All is stuck, I really need help what to do and where to place the folders, I also found Solaris Engine + 10 Games ROM, but where to place the folders to get the homebrew games to work, please help.

Last edited by thekarter104,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm also not trolling. It just looks like homebrew games/apps don't work with Yuzu, although I might be doing something wrong, I don't know. I dragged the switch folder in the sdmc of the appdata folder where the yuzu folder is and the ROM into the Games folder, but the thing is, the homebrew keeps infinite launching, but the commercial games like Pokemon and Odyssey just work like a charm, so I don't know what's going on why homebrew don't work????

Last edited by thekarter104,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it's possible to run Animal Crossing at 30FPS with:
i7-3770K and GTX 660Ti.
I usually get like 15-20 FPS most of the time. Painfully slow.

Otherwise on the PC of a friend of mine who has 17-7700K and GTX 1070, checked and the FPS on Animal Crossing was 30FPS, but ofcourse I had to start a new game on his PC, so empty island. Still better than 20-23FPS on my crap PC when the island was empty.

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I wonder if it's possible to run Animal Crossing at 30FPS with:
i7-3770K and GTX 660Ti.
I usually get like 15-20 FPS most of the time. Painfully slow.

Otherwise on the PC of a friend of mine who has 17-7700K and GTX 1070, checked and the FPS on Animal Crossing was 30FPS, but ofcourse I had to start a new game on his PC, so empty island. Still better than 20-23FPS on my crap PC when the island was empty.
You really need a GPU upgrade if you want to emulate modern consoles-

Reactions: Cyber Akuma

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
As someone who just upgraded from a 3770K system, both really. Both that GPU and CPU are rather outdated for Switch emulation. I would way the CPU is even more lacking than the GPU.
The CPU is just a bit slower than my last one- which... did the games okay

But their GPU is a massive bottleneck for modern emulation
Modern emulators are all built around the newer GPUs and latest GPU drivers- while emulated CPU improvements thankfully are common for most emulators

Cyber Akuma

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The CPU is just a bit slower than my last one- which... did the games okay

But their GPU is a massive bottleneck for modern emulation
Modern emulators are all built around the newer GPUs and latest GPU drivers- while emulated CPU improvements thankfully are common for most emulators

CPU is still far more important than the GPU, since all the emulation, even the GPU emulation, is happening generally on the CPU. It's just the end resulting image that is rendered on the GPU.

I had many games not even hit 30FPS on Yuzu on that 3770K. Some could hit 30 or even 60, but that was mostly smaller/indie or simpler games, many of the big ones were constantly below 30 (Paper Mario was barely hitting 15-20 most of the time). While I can get pretty stable 60 on a 10700K. Despite re-using the GTX1070 which used to be in that 3770K in the 10700K. That 1070 used to be two GTX670s in SLI and I didn't notice a difference in emulation speed when I replaced them with a GTX1070.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (cocks 12 gauge with virginity-maintaining intent) +1