Homebrew yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator discussion

DaniPoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Lol, is fine, I don't take offense to it because I wasn't informed on the switch and all it operations and how it functions. I was just pointing out a trend cause it was used more than once that seem likely to be the case again. I mean if I'm wrong, so bet it. I was told that already so now I know I messed up. Is more about how condescending people are declaring someone is wrong that can lead to some major negative responses that I hope others wasn't gonna get assaulted with. But is only me trying to prevent the inevitable right? :ninja:

To be honest, I'm more interested in this emulator, mostly interested if it can run on Nvidia shield tv as well. So I'm glad this is a thing now. Honestly I wanted Nvidia to make the shield portable 2 with Tegra X1 so i can buy a portable version with more power, but hasn't happened yet. Still wonder what new stuff the emulator can come up with that makes me excited. :toot:

Im pretty sure there are some similarities between the Wii U and the Switch, at least when it comes to the OS.

But as the hardware is completely different from a Wii U, the emulation will have to be completely different from CEMU and Dolphin.
However the 3DS shares similarities with the Switch and I guess thats why they used Citra as a starting point for Yuzu.

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, that was pretty fast.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah, no sorry, but you're wrong. Emulators never kill consoles, nor does piracy, please back up your bullshit with hard evidence. Thanks.:rolleyes:
This. The number of people that will even be able to run a final Switch emulator that will have computers capable of running it will probably be less than the Wii U. Though, while piracy won't kill a console, it'll hurt ninty's profits.

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
it will require a beast of a pc to run so its not going to be much use unless you can afford the best pc specs you can buy today. I don't think any consumer pc will be able to run it full speed.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How do you compile it? I am sorry I am used to have an application right when I download an emulator. Cemu, Dolphin, etc.
Consider this: downloading the Yuzu source code is like downloading the Dolphin source code instead of the compiled binary (exe file). As a non-developer you're going to be scratching your head where the exe file is.

Right now, the emulator isn't exactly in a state where it would be useful to anyone who isn't a developer, so there is no point in compiling a binary for the regular public. That's why there isn't one, and you'd have to go through the effort yourself, or kinda opt to trust the people who compile it for others and put it online.

masaki88

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
it will require a beast of a pc to run so its not going to be much use unless you can afford the best pc specs you can buy today. I don't think any consumer pc will be able to run it full speed.
Funny but, even switch herself cost much cheaper than good powerfull pc. My opinion is better buy switch and games now than wait few year for property emulation plus buy good pc for it. But of course many people want to play free on pc thats is point to wait yuzu. We all know true, why people want this emulator. To play free on pc. Emulators is good think if console rare and you don t want spend money for it. But if console still alive and new games came out i think emulator is not right way to play it.

Reactions: BvanBart

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Funny but, even switch herself cost much cheaper than good powerfull pc. My opinion is better buy switch and games now than wait few year for property emulation plus buy good pc for it. But of course many people want to play free on pc thats is point to wait yuzu. We all know true, why people want this emulator. To play free on pc. Emulators is good think if console rare and you don t want spend money for it. But if console still alive and new games came out i think emulator is not right way to play it.
emulation is only really good for old games since you can't play an n64 game in hd with out emulation.

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Lol, unless you could emulate Switch at full performance on current and coming soon smartphone s\tablets would totally kill Switch...

Now having the emulator running full games at full performance only a few years from now (probably) and probably needing a powerful PC, won't do anything to Nintendo...

This is the first ever portable console that I'm crazy about it for the performance in portable mode... As a home console I don't care a single bit about it since even my PS4 Pro totally disappoint me connected to my Samsung 4K TV in graphics, physics and overall performance. I wish I had money for the last gen I7 and a GTX 1080TI... and even that is beyond disappointing for the current price and the new technologies that have been shown like the new intel brain like PC with 100x more efficiency than current chips.

Ps: hell, technology is changing so much each day at incredible rates, problem is really that they show things hundreds of times more advanced but only launch small improvements on final products each year that everyone can buy which are years behind the crap they show us that makes us to keep dreaming :(.
You're right.

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

That's your opinion. I have a Switch and a good gaming rig already. I'd prefer the Switch when it comes to portability, but I won't say no to a good emulator that can render the games at 4K. That might take a good while, but it'll be worth it.

Edgy_Edge

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
ah the words of a true hypocrit.

Edgy_Edge said: "I don't care about your existence in general. Only care about hax and pieracy."
and
"My body is ready. If it lets me play Switch roms."
and
"Switch has no gamez."

Oh how I so enjoy to highlight the best qualities in people

Good day now
Yeah I'm here just for loolz) I love hacks, free roms but I also love Nintendo. That's why now I started to defend it.
Because Miyamoto and Reggie can see Iwata soon(tm) if Nintendo fails.

Newwaverap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick? Is probably not that hard, maybe lot of recycled assets from wii u, which is recycled of wii, which is recycled of gamecube. The exploit of the system already started so reverse engineering seem like is not a surprise. :blink:
Nah, not at all how you think it works lol. This is indeed quite the accomplishment. In the meantime try googling “Nintendo GameCube board architecture” then google “Nintendo switch board architecture”. See what recycled items you can find between those 2 systems and come back.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, not at all how you think it works lol. This is indeed quite the accomplishment. In the meantime try googling “Nintendo GameCube board architecture” then google “Nintendo switch board architecture”. See what recycled items you can find between those 2 systems and come back.
I can see you didn't read my other post before commenting on this one... is okay. :ninja:

anhminh

Pirate since 2010
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have feeling that Switch fall down too quick.

I mean it took 3DS at least 3 year for first hack and 4 years for a working emulator. Wii U spend most of it life time unhackable and only got hacked shortly before Nintendo reveal Switch.

Meanwhile it only took less than a year for Switch too be hacked like a Swiss cheese. I feel a bit unease when everything going too smooth like this.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I have feeling that Switch fall down too quick.

I mean it took 3DS at least 3 year for first hack and 4 years for a working emulator. Wii U spend most of it life time unhackable and only got hacked shortly before Nintendo reveal Switch.

Meanwhile it only took less than a year for Switch too be hacked like a Swiss cheese. I feel a bit unease when everything going too smooth like this.
Uhh Gameboy Advance Emulator came out before GBA release to the public and still sold well lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night