yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator discussion

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by bunnei, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Haven't checked tho. Plus, no reports on RyujiNX running well. If so with video, I would be stunned. I would be more stunned if Mega Man 11 would boot.

Me and the Yuzu devs talked about this on the server lol.

2. emmauss

emmauss GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 12, 2014
    Ghana
    Accra, Ghana
    we mostly share media about games and how they work on our server,

3. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
  4. pokehunter4214

pokehunter4214 Member

Newcomer
    Dec 28, 2016
    India
    will the new pokemon lets go be playable in the emulator?

MegaGenesis likes this.
  5. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Don't assume. No one knows if Let's Go will be fully playable on Yuzu. If it boots up normally, that's okay. But I'm not sure if naming the user will use the game's keyboard like past Pokemon titles or the Switch's internal keyboard, which doesn't work on Yuzu.

6. mancasoko

mancasoko GBAtemp Regular

Apr 27, 2014
    Even if this game is not ready to be fully playable on yuzu, I am sure that with next main pokemon game things will be much better.

7. Alexelon21

Alexelon21 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2018
    Russia
    Hi everyone. Did it possible to fix error with name? 0008-000D and description The NCA Header key could not be found.
    Game rom has xci. format and its Pirate game.

8. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    You need the Switch keys. The only way to find it is to get your Switch, mod it, and get the keys there.
    Also, we don't support piracy or talk about piracy here on this site. You'll might get a permanent ban.

9. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Without linking me to piracy (obvs): How do you use yuzu if you don’t have a hackable switch?

10. emmauss

May 12, 2014
    Ghana
    Accra, Ghana
    you dont. I do not know of any emulator where you do not need a hacked console to get your stuff. the only thing that you can run without the console is homebrew.

11. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Dolphin doesn’t require anything, reicast/PCSX2 only need bios, cemu only needed keys, barely any emu (past or present) requires you to have the console in question and dump a shed load of modules.... that defeats the purpose.

Anyway: I have the keys, I just can’t get all the other components without dumping from switch.

I guess that would explain its compatibility compared to ryujinx?

12. emmauss

May 12, 2014
    Ghana
    Accra, Ghana
    I am talking about the game dumps. if there is no other way to dump you games, other than the console or a compatible reader, how would you get your games to run on the emulator. from my knowledge, all nintendo game media use proprietary formats, and thus needs a hacked console or a reader to dump games. you would still need to have a physical copy of the game, or one bought from the eshop.

Last edited by emmauss, Nov 1, 2018
  13. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom

Game dumps exist, they are easy to get.

Sorry, I will rephrase it:

My question is how do you get yuzu to work without a switch to dump your modules, keys, boot0, etc?

14. emmauss

May 12, 2014
    Ghana
    Accra, Ghana
    and just like the answer to your first question, you dont. you would need the switch to dump your games. you would need the switch to dump your keys. with games requiring stuff only saved on consoles, you would need a switch to get those archives. yuzu, and ryujinx too, are hle emulators. they do not require a firmware to work. and so, other than to decrypt your dumps and system archives, your would not need the switch for much else.
    Also your question said that, without any link to piracy. the only way you can get your games without piracy is you getting a switch and buying them. SO why the heck do you have the keys and not a hacked switch.

Last edited by emmauss, Nov 1, 2018
  15. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Well the keys are public, games dumps are decrypted... that’s no issue.

My issue is the emulator requires dumped firmware/system modules to run: and I can’t dump them myself.

Forget it, I will find another way.

16. emmauss

May 12, 2014
    Ghana
    Accra, Ghana
    mind you. the keys are not public(legally). sharing them anywhere on this forum may get you banned. That should be enough proof that you should be getting your own keys. Please just accept that, if you do not want it to be related to piracy, just dump your own stuff.

17. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    I’m not daft mate, I have been in the scene long enough to know what to share and what not to.

What I can’t accept is that an emulator essentially requires the console to function....

I will figure it out.

18. emmauss

May 12, 2014
    Ghana
    Accra, Ghana
    have you seen citra? it started with it needing a dumped shared font file to run some games. now they do not need it. it just takes time. yuzu is still young, and just about a year old. there are a lot of stuff that it requires from the console, and currently do not have any alternatives. Just give it some time. there are actually very few games that require dumps of the archives to function, most games would work well without them.

KiiWii likes this.
  19. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Well. While waiting for my Moon Kingdom Final Boss to finish rendering, here's a pic of me collecting a moon with the subarea fixed.
    Also, if anyone interest on my Grand Dad skin mod, download here.
    Edit: Whoops. I forgot to make it full size, dammit.

Attached Files:

• GD.
      GD.png
      File size:
      282.2 KB
      Views:
  20. wii94

wii94 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2008
    Estonia
    @KiiWii look up "Super Simple Yuzu Guide - Nintendo Switch Emulation" on youtube.

KiiWii likes this.