yuzu Nintendo Switch emulator discussion

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by bunnei, Jan 14, 2018.

1. DarthDub

DarthDub Amateur Hacker

Jan 26, 2016
    United States
    Your mom's basement.
    The OS is similar to 3DS, but that's about it.

2. tunip3

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    w
    well they used a microkernal called horizon that was previously in development for 3ds

DayVeeBoi likes this.
  3. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    Any prove?

4. tunip3

tunip3 [debugger active]

Oct 31, 2016
    United Kingdom
    oh yeah just let me post a rom dump quickly /s

hurrz and Subtle Demise like this.
  5. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Well see that stuff I didn't know about, which is why i never discussed it, I just pointed out a trend. But thank you for sharing the extra info. Not that i understand all of it, I didn't dive deep into reverse engineering the stuff, I just play it. Of course if they had to explain all this, they would have to dumb it down for people who aren't too intellectual about it. Basically you mean is similar to the 3DS systems, then okay then, that enough for me to comprehend.

6. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
  7. anhminh

anhminh Pirate since 2010

Sep 30, 2010
    Vietnam
    No, I mean prove that they some how decrypted those rom to play.

8. zoogie

zoogie playing around in the dsiware

Nov 30, 2014
    Micronesia, Federated States of
    The scene is full of decrypted dumps what are you saying. That's why I linked that scene release list.

9. Hondyn

Hondyn GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Interesting , but it will take literaly years to get something running smooth enough though

10. DarkenedMatter

DarkenedMatter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 26, 2013
    United States
    I swear I always come to Switch threads and it's the same group of people bitching at each other from other Switch threads lol.

Thanks to everyone involved in this project. Hope for nothing but the best from it all.

Last edited by DarkenedMatter, Jan 14, 2018 - Reason: Clarification
    theMille, NiagA, Fernando51 and 7 others like this.
  11. MK73DS

MK73DS GBAtemp Fan

Feb 23, 2015
    France
    France
    Kpskills, cearp, NiagA and 11 others like this.
  12. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Since the Switch OS is something like a 3DS OS 2.0 I can see someone doing something like Nintendont for the Switch which launches 3DS games by redirecting their syscalls (without being an emulator). Interesting.

13. Nezztor

Nezztor GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2016
    Mexico
  14. Fadi5555

Fadi5555 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2018
    United States
    I hoped it was opposite. I mean emulators for Nintendo switch. Like dolphin on switch.
    Anyway is this gonna help to bring gpu/3d acceleration for switch to could run pcsx, ppsspp and dolphin?
    It'll be very good.

15. wii94

wii94 GBAtemp Regular

Jul 16, 2008
    Gambia, The
    so when can i play mario odysseus 60fps@4k?

16. Daggot

Daggot GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 3, 2015
    United States
    There's a PoC vita emulator too, there has been for years. It's a small side project by some of the devs on the same team that does the PS3 emulator it's just not functional yet like this one. IIRC the only thing it does is run a basic test and display a hello world though.

Last edited by Daggot, Jan 14, 2018
    THYPLEX and DarthDub like this.
  17. Polopop123

Polopop123 Banned

Banned
    Aug 21, 2017
    Ireland
    Show proof of it running ET at 8k 120fps. Otherwise it’s fake

18. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.
    Very funny. You know the answer to that. :rofl2:

19. chartube12

chartube12 CPT Chazz 713

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    yup. We've known this since launch. Also known since launch Nintendo had ask'd cyangenMod to help write code for the switch but they said no. Even though we don't know the full details of the work Nintendo wanted, I can't help but feel Nintendo dodge a legal nightmare there. The cyangenMod team and the company cyangen ended there involvement with each other. any projects cyangenMod were working on got legally claimed by cyangen.

20. punderino

punderino aka Big-PeePee Swinger

Jan 5, 2016
    United States
    Kansas City, Missouri
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/first-nintendo-switch-cartridge-dumps-released.477954/
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Mnecraft368 likes this.
  21. Jokey_Carrot
    This message by Jokey_Carrot has been removed from public view by Minox, Jan 14, 2018, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jan 14, 2018
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice