yugioh world championship hack into magic the gathering?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by link491, Jun 8, 2010.

1. link491
    OP

Member link491 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i was thinking, is it possible to do this? i know it would take a LOT of coding even if its not possible, can you tell me a magic the gathering homebrew? i already know about mtg card viewer!

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    would be easier to just make a homebrew magic game.
    the rules of magic are too significantly different, the setup of yu-gi-oh leaves out the whole concept of requirement-filling cards(magic's field cards, pokemon's energy cards, harry potter's lesson/book cards) for example.

3. injected11

Member injected11 Crescent Freshâ„¢

United States
    Arcomage?

4. link491
    OP

Canada
    ok so i now know that hacking yugioh world championship into magic the gathering is impossible. i have tried arcomage but i dont think its as fun as magic. i think that if someone really wanted to, they could make a MTG homebrew game if this was made though, there would need to be only a few sets. maby the first few and the most recent. i unfortunately cannot code but i CAN supply photos of cards if someone would like to do this!

5. Valiarchon

Member Valiarchon trentacles

Australia
    Go take a look at Wagic: The Homebrew. It would probably be possible to port that to ds, if you ask the dev for source. He even expressed interest in porting it to ds, so maybe if someone wants to work on it with him, he'd consider putting in the effort =x he doesnt provide the images with the regular version, but his forums provide full image packs too

6. link491
    OP

Canada
    OK, so that homebrew looks good but i have no skills to code and cant download the right programs(mainly .net framework 2.0) but i did find out that magic the gathering was released for sega dreamcast. So now, is it possible to make a sega dreamcast emulator for ds?

7. mipe

Newcomer mipe Advanced Member

Finland
    Sorry if I sound rude, but I'm pretty sure that if anyone is good enough to code the whole MtG game, they can use mtg wikia or some similar site to get the images of the cards.