Yugioh! 5D's World Championship 2011: Over the Nexus(J) Hype

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Saken, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Saken
    OP

Member Saken GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    [​IMG]

Release Date: February 24th 2011(J)
    Developer: Konami
    Genre: Competitive card game

Is there anyone interested in this? I hope the story doesn't blow as hard as 2009 and 2010. Also hope that it's MULTI5 like 2009 and 2010 were.

New Features:

Thanks to basher11 for pointing these out

* Duel with more than 4,200 of the most up to date Yu-Gi-Oh! cards including Storm of Ragnarok, Duelist Pack 10: Yusei Fudo 3, Duelist Pack 11: Crow and Duel Terminal - Raid of the Inverz!!.[4]
    * Original storyline created and torn from the highly successful Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated series.
    * Compete in Duel Runner battles with up to 3 teammates.
    * Duel Puzzle Editor allows players to post questions and answers via Wi-Fi connection while gaining points and rankings
    * Deck Diagnostics offer players the opportunity to have the game evaluate and help build a stronger Deck
    * New features for beginner duelists include in game tutorials, Deck structuring tutorials and assistance as well as a "next move" option when a player doesn't know what to do next
    * Replay features offer the ability to save a duel once completed so duelists can go back, review and study the last battle to hone their skills and even see the moves the computer made
    * Battle anyone, anywhere, anytime via Wi-Fi connection and compete in weekly duel championships each with new rules and live leader boards
    * Implements Destiny Draw system, that appeared so far only in Tag Force series
    * New characters to the World Championship World such as Radley, Malcolm, Nicko, West, Ghost, Primo, Lester, Jakob, Hermann, Nicolas, Hans, Harald, Dragan, Brave, Andre, Breo and Jean.

Trailer
    [youtube]PrgTmVZsjss[/youtube]​

2. GameWinner

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    BELIEVE IN NEXUS!
    Sorry couldn't resist.

3. Creqaw

Member Creqaw GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I'm interested, I'd be pissed of the JP version didn't have English though.

4. Ringo619

Member Ringo619 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    i don't personally care for the story line i just make a deck and vs people on the story line and after that go battle on wi fi and i have heard it has multi languages when the game starts up

5. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Waiting for this one as well....but if you didn't like 2009 or 2010 I doubt you'll care for 2011,I just hope they got rid of the damn ... AI thinking lag...

6. Sylar1

Member Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    *puts in cheat code so he can use raikgeki and heavy storm offline*

yata!

7. Ron

Member Ron somehow a weeb now.

Canada
    Adding right now to the index, but it's japanese, so that sucks..
    Might be good if it's Multi5 though.

8. justin05

Member justin05 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Never got into the Yugioh games, even on the psp but i just might give this
    one shot.

9. B3astinSnipes

Member B3astinSnipes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    its is multi all the yugioh world championship ds games are different languages.2009 had all languages so theres basically no point to waiting for the english one just play the jap one [​IMG]

10. TehSkull

Member TehSkull Living the life

United States
    Oh shit. It's coming out in Japan already? So excited for this one. To the point that I might buy the U version.

The deck-making tools are what's really drawing me in. I can make a good deck, but I can't make a great one without knowing every last card in existence. ;_;

Hopefully this will help. (offtopic: anyone wanna do a quick duel in 2010? I have my FC listed.)

11. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    All of the World Championship games have been Multi5 in the past, I don't see why they would change it now. And it had better be because the US version won't come out until May.

12. B3astinSnipes

Member B3astinSnipes GBAtemp Fan

United States
    i hope this gets dumped soon

13. Pluupy

Member Pluupy Woof!

United States
    Wait wut--CARDGAMES ON MOTORCYCLES?!

14. Sylar1

Member Sylar1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Actually now they're playing on timed handgliders that self destruct after 10 minutes

15. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    i gotta play this and make cheats for it [​IMG]

been playing 2010 to brush up 5 years of not playing xD

here's a list of some new stuff.

* Duel with more than 4,200 of the most up to date Yu-Gi-Oh! cards including Storm of Ragnarok, Duelist Pack 10: Yusei Fudo 3, Duelist Pack 11: Crow and Duel Terminal - Raid of the Inverz!!.[4]
    * Original storyline created and torn from the highly successful Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's animated series.
    * Compete in Duel Runner battles with up to 3 teammates.
    * Duel Puzzle Editor allows players to post questions and answers via Wi-Fi connection while gaining points and rankings
    * Deck Diagnostics offer players the opportunity to have the game evaluate and help build a stronger Deck
    * New features for beginner duelists include in game tutorials, Deck structuring tutorials and assistance as well as a "next move" option when a player doesn't know what to do next
    * Replay features offer the ability to save a duel once completed so duelists can go back, review and study the last battle to hone their skills and even see the moves the computer made
    * Battle anyone, anywhere, anytime via Wi-Fi connection and compete in weekly duel championships each with new rules and live leader boards
    * Implements Destiny Draw system, that appeared so far only in Tag Force series
    * New characters to the World Championship World such as Radley, Malcolm, Nicko, West, Ghost, Primo, Lester, Jakob, Hermann, Nicolas, Hans, Harald, Dragan, Brave, Andre, Breo and Jean.

16. gokujr1000

Member gokujr1000 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Lolwut!? I gotta watch this show more often. The Cycles turned me off, so did the whole Academy thing..

17. 8BitWalugi

Member 8BitWalugi Taiyohhhhhh!

Australia
    Can't wait to run my 3 Machina Fortress deck online!

18. JinTrigger

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    If the 3DS can't run flashcarts I am SOOOOO buying a lite or something man....I totally forgot about this coming out. I remember I tried to organize a tournament for this....That didn't go to well (for whatever reason)

19. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    screen shots

Warning: Spoilers inside!

20. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Looks pretty good,lets hope the lag option is gone...