Yugioh 5Ds Accelerator (Camhpionship 09)

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Bakuno, Mar 5, 2009.

Mar 5, 2009
  1. Bakuno
    OP

Newcomer Bakuno Newbie

Australia
    Hey all!
    What are people thinking of Yugioh 5Ds Accelerator (Camhpionship 09)? Personally I have loved the championship series, even with the stupid password system (they should be free), but all and all fun especially with wi-fi. I know it is coming out in Japan soon, so is there anyone who would be easily able to english translate it fast or shall we wait for May or something...

Can't wait for the new cards!
    Your thoughts on it???

2. Domination

Member Domination GBAtemp Psycho!

Singapore
    I liked the championship series too, but yugioh with MOTORCYCLES? I doubt it can be as good, but I think the card base and most of the gameplay(Except 'speed spells' who the hell thought of this gimmick?) can satisfy fans.

I think I want to think wait until May to get the game for its promo cards......

3. DaRealChrono

Newcomer DaRealChrono Advanced Member

United States
    Whoa...motorcycles!? [​IMG]

I'm all over Yu-Gi-Oh games though, they remind me of my past. I'm kinda excited for this one since the newer synchro cards are in it, or whatever their called. Stardust Dragon ftw.

4. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    Whats 5D O_O

5. B-Blue

Member B-Blue im a slut

Yeah, I'm also waiting for this to see if there's any Dark Synchro Monsters.
    I'm also curios about speed spells and dual runners. I heard the game has 3300 cards, I hope that's true cause that's A LOT [​IMG].

Anyway, the game is coming out in Japan on March 26th. Like the previous games (Championship 07, 08) it'll have English option.

6. Bakuno
    OP

Newcomer Bakuno Newbie

Australia
    Sweet I can't wait!
    And just so you know the promo cards don't seem that good unless you are running a dark/fiend deck with gemini cards. I suppose they could work for deck milling DAD or just plain milling

7. Shadz

Member Shadz GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    cant wait. Ive had em all. Sacred cards, reshef of destruction, world championship (GBA), world championship 07, nightmare troubadeur, world championship 08 and im getting 09.

8. X D D X

Member X D D X GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    The DS version has Motorcycle's too? I thought that was just the Wii one?
    And also didn't the other Yu-gi-oh games include English language options in the Japanese releases?

9. Bakuno
    OP

Newcomer Bakuno Newbie

Australia
    I think DS one will have a motorbike mini game or something of the like

10. killakev

Newcomer killakev Member

United States
    Well i like how they made it "Adventure mode" so its not like pick next town and you see a picture of who your about to duel,You actually go roaming around looking for duels etc..(source some video i saw on youtube) anyways anyone know the 3 cards that come with this game? also for the person who asked what is 5d i think its 5 dragons =X since thats what the series is all about.

11. Swifty69

Member Swifty69 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    So let me see if i have gathered all the right information from this lol

- Yu-Gi-Oh characters all drive motorbikes (?)
    - There are a new type of spells (speed spells, can someone expand on these?)

This sounds crazy, but Yu-Gi-Oh has not let me down yet, nearly all the games have been extremely enticing and have had hours of game play value in them. Can anyone tell me if Duel Spirits will be in this game?

12. InuYasha

Member InuYasha Professional Coke Fiend

United States
    Anyone not familar with the show should read Here and the show itself is on saturdays at 11am.....and noone will bother to translate this game when it's due out in a few months [​IMG] you either have to play the JPN version,pray the JPN version has an english option,or wait for the english release [​IMG]

13. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    The available cards are from any booster pack, structure deck, and promos up to Crimson Crisis with some from Duel Terminals 1-4. There are unique speed spells and a few converted spell cards such as Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster which are speed spells in the game.

14. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    Currently playing Championship 2008 (since it's the newest) and i'm really waiting for a new game, but the whole think with motorcycles.. just outs me of this game.WTF it's a card game, not a racing game. Don't want some lame Mario Kart game with cards. lol

15. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    I wouldn't play Wheelie Breakers then since it's a Yu-gi-oh styled Mario Kart game and all Speed Duels. Stardust Accelerator has normal duels and if you need a normal duel online just wait for some codes for all cards and find a person who likes to duel normally.

16. Zane

Member Zane Ace Wizard

Sweden
    You sure Stardust has normal duels? I guess it's some extra mode then? since all screens i've sen of the Wii game, it's been of Motorcycles racing, etc.

17. Hop2089

Member Hop2089 Cute>Hot

United States
    Stardust Accelerator has mostly Normal Duels with some Speed duels and even a Time Trial Mode and normal racing modes that are optional and are for killing time if you have no wi-fi.

18. Youkai

Member Youkai Demon

Germany
    well i completely dislike the idea with the bikes and i don't like those speed counters ...

everything is total weird some magic cards are allowed some not -.-V

only think that i like better in 5D is the Syncro fusion !

i watched part of the anime and its worse than the older series ... first 5 episodes the main character uses like 6 cards in 4 duels and allways the same cards same combo ....

19. robochrono09

Banned robochrono09 Banned

United States

looks good to me story mode will propbably suck but championship mode wll be awesome! 2800 cards too

20. DaRealChrono

Newcomer DaRealChrono Advanced Member

United States
    Eh...Essentially it looks the same. I know there isn't much they can improve with a card game, but it's not worth buying, in my opinion.

Story mode does look like it'll suck, at least Championship mode should stay the same.