Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal??

Ringo619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any one see the new yugioh anime ? called zexal? i must say at first i thought it was gonna be something of yugioh 5D but it was totally different and i kinda liked it , kinda reminds me of original yugioh series and yugioh GX which were my favorite yugioh series, his personality reminds me of the main character on yugioh GX and then the spirit that helps him duel reminds me of yami on the original yugioh series tho the characters on this new series are really lame and specially the hairstyles are just stupid.

The show has some new ways to duel and etc , with new "rare" cards which are called numbers and now they have exceed summoning and etc, not that hard to get whats going on, i hope this anime has a good story line , it will be interesting to see where it goes on from here.

Anyways tell me what you think of it and if you have already seen it, i'd love to hear what you guys think of this.

Here the first episode of the show V if you wanna give it a try.
[youtube]Cc7Xe884sA8[/youtube]

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I miss the oversized tits

I'm not liking the characters nor the duel design and I hate how they keep adding strange types of card but meh, seems to be better than 5Ds so I might check more of it out.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Hate all of the unnecessary pre-battle animations and over-the-top anime posing.

The story looks unoriginal too. A boy with spiky hair (Yugi) that has a necklace with a spirit in it (Millennium Puzzle) who is extremely hyperactive (Jaden) that goes to a school where everyone plays card games (Duelist Academy) and misses his relevant-to-the-plot parents (Yusei), all while living in a highly technological, sort of utopian society (New Domino City).

They really can't think of anything new, can't they? I miss the original anime.
frown.gif

Lemme guess, at some point in the series (ending or possibly in a movie) this protagonist's world will cross-over with the other protagonists (either just one or all of them) through some highly improbable means, and they will either play card games to defeat an evil that threatens the entire universe or they will play card games with one another. (I assume this is in the same universe)

At some point, they will probably also mention either Yugi, Kaiba, or Pegasus.

I think I'll be watching this for the lulz and to see if it gets any better in the future. (which it better be...)

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yuma couldn't win a duel to save his life if he dueled in real life and he sucks in the anime, for once listen to Astral. He makes mistakes that are beyond noobish like saying 1 trap card face down instead of 1 card face down, you never reveal the card type because it sets you up for counters and summoning a LV3 monster when you are wanting to exceed summon a Rank 4 monster.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hop2089 said:
Yuma couldn't win a duel to save his life if he dueled in real life and he sucks in the anime, for once listen to Astral. He makes mistakes that are beyond noobish like saying 1 trap card face down instead of 1 card face down, you never reveal the card type because it sets you up for counters and summoning a LV3 monster when you are wanting to exceed summon a Rank 4 monster.
You're taking this too seriously.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
InuYasha said:
A Gay Little Catboy said:
I hope this makes up for the pile of steaming shit that was 5Ds

Guessing your not a fan of the duel runner dueling?
There was so much wrong with the series. I mean it's hard enough to take seriously, but even Yu-Gi-Oh GX was better...well then again the Japanese version was great, the American GX was just an insult.
I never got to see the Japanese 5Ds, but I really hope it's just the American version that is that horrible.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this will be a good series tbh. Usually the Yu-Gi-Oh series heats up towards the middle of the first arc.
InuYasha said:
I hope this makes up for the pile of steaming shit that was 5Ds

Guessing your not a fan of the duel runner dueling?
There was so much wrong with the series. I mean it's hard enough to take seriously, but even Yu-Gi-Oh GX was better...well then again the Japanese version was great, the American GX was just an insult.
I never got to see the Japanese 5Ds, but I really hope it's just the American version that is that horrible.
And yeah the American dub of 5D's suck, never really liked it till I got to the second season with the Japanese sub.

omatic

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't care much about the show (although I found the Dark Signers thing from 5D's to be interesting), but this will negatively affect the games that will undoubtedly use the same setting for its plot. I don't feel like running around as a 4th grader again - I get enough of that in Pokemon.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see...

Out of shape? Check.
Annoying voice? Check.
Mentally retarded? Check.
Random ass girl for a relationship? Check.

We just got ourselves a new anime, guys!

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it. I don't like how slow & horrible the fansub groups are, and how much the translations disagree.
Some say "bring it to em" others "POP FLYING", and a 3rd some other lame phrase I've already forgotten.

I wish these teams would all work together to get it subbed in less than a week. Especially considering most of my favorite anime is subbed within hours of debut.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
8BitWalugi said:
TheDarkSeed said:
After 5D's, I'll take anything...
5D's was surprisingly GOOD.

It started slow but the later part of the series is pretty damn good.
Yeah, it isn't as bad as the second series. The reason I probably said that is because the only thing I remember about the entire 5D's series was the "Noodles to go-go"
rofl.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night