ROM Hack Yu-Gi-Oh World Championship 2007 Save-Game Editor

Flavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I'm a noob to this website but can someone tell me how to convert a .gds file to a .sav file? I got the .gds file by using the gameshark thing to alter gamesaves. Can Someone help me? I need this because i'd like to use the save editor I found on this site. Thank You
I found this.
http://forums.r4ds.net/showthread.php?t=612
Though, I don't think it'll convert back to .GDS.

Also, this one was posted on the first page of this thread.
http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?p=426597

Intruder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
Is there any guide for the save editor?I downloaded it but after five or so minutes with it I understood I was too stupid to use it or that I just didn't know how ( I hope it's the 2nd one
tongue.gif
)

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there any guide for the save editor?I downloaded it but after five or so minutes with it I understood I was too stupid to use it or that I just didn't know how ( I hope it's the 2nd one
tongue.gif
 )
Allow me.

1. Get a RAW save file. A raw save file is one directly taken from the game. It should be around 256kb.
If not, use a converter. Convert it into a .sav file
2. Once you got the save file start the editor. If it doesn´t start use the dos Start - > Run - > CMD. from there
say it´s on C drive C:\Yugioeditor\ Yugioeditor.exe
3.Type in your savefiles name : Example YugiChamp2007.sav
4. Once there it´s pretty much straight forward.
5. Be aware that use of any cheating , like get all cards, will tag you with with a CHT at the end.
6. Once you are done DO NOT close the dos box just yet. Go back to the first list you got when the program started.
Press 0 and it will ask if it should write the data, say yes. Y
7. Now type a new or the old save file: Example OldYugiohChamp2007.sav New Newsave.sav
8. Now convert it back to whatever format you used. If your using a DS-Xtreme you can simply throw the save file back onto the cart. Do NOT forgot to rename it tough.

Hope it helps.

Deadmon

A Temper
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
XD im 16 in the leaderbourds (canada) good stuff xD i know this kinda has nothing to do with the program i just wanted to brag ... : )

but anyways is there a yugioh NT game save editor because i want to import my decks from NT to this game XD

Last time I checked, I was like 3rd or something, but I'm probably 9th at this rate
smile.gif

You could just download a NT savefile and trade cards over...but I believe that will cost you DP. (Plus, you need two DS)

Intruder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
tongue.gif
  )

Allow me.

1. Get a RAW save file. A raw save file is one directly taken from the game. It should be around 256kb.
If not, use a converter. Convert it into a .sav file
2. Once you got the save file start the editor. If it doesn´t start use the dos Start - > Run - > CMD. from there
say it´s on C drive C:\Yugioeditor\ Yugioeditor.exe
3.Type in your savefiles name : Example YugiChamp2007.sav
4. Once there it´s pretty much straight forward.
5. Be aware that use of any cheating , like get all cards, will tag you with with a CHT at the end.
6. Once you are done DO NOT close the dos box just yet. Go back to the first list you got when the program started.
Press 0 and it will ask if it should write the data, say yes. Y
7. Now type a new or the old save file: Example OldYugiohChamp2007.sav New Newsave.sav
8. Now convert it back to whatever format you used. If your using a DS-Xtreme you can simply throw the save file back onto the cart. Do NOT forgot to rename it tough.

Hope it helps.
Until 3 & 4 is done already.This is the easy part.From this point I don't know how to "hack" it.I don't know what I should write...Thanks anyway...

KirbyPink

Trophies
XP
Country
Not write click.
It says : Enter Choice

So you simply type 5 then enter
It will show next menu.

So type what number you want then enter when your done press 0 and 0 again until it says that it wanna write the save.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tested with (J), (U) & (E) versions, all three from a clean savefile and a one that was played for many hours, yet no crash. In other words, 6 tests, none crashed on stratos so my guess would be "a faulty backup" issue.

oh... are you using a trimmed version of the ROM?

tcgplayer.com is still down =(

edit: just tried using an untrimmed rom from a different source and it works =]

Flavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NOPE sorry that didnt help me i cant do it either im really annoyed on how it closes when you press enter
hate2.gif

There have been other users that have complained about this previously in this thread. Following those complaints is usually a discussion of how to get around the "problem." I suggest that you read the entire thread or use Google to look up some information about using DOS or the Windows Command Prompt.

This is not a GUI application. It's a windows console application.

EDIT: If you enter in the name of the SAV file and the application just closes when you hit enter, then there's a problem with the name of the file. If you were in a command-prompt window, you would see the error. I will try to put a "hit any key to end this application" message in there. Anyway, make sure your SAV filename doesn't have spaces in it.

scurrie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
For people having problems with the window closing when you press enter, I had the same problem and discovered how to fix it.
You need to have your save file on your flash card and then open the application.
Drag your file from your card onto the program, the filename should appear, then press enter and it works!

I think there is a problem with reading save files of the hard drive as everytime I use it on a removable storage device it works!

Hope this helps,
Scurrie

Flavor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people having problems with the window closing when you press enter, I had the same problem and discovered how to fix it.
You need to have your save file on your flash card and then open the application.
Drag your file from your card onto the program, the filename should appear, then press enter and it works!

I think there is a problem with reading save files of the hard drive as everytime I use it on a removable storage device it works!

Hope this helps,
Scurrie

Hmmm, that's weird. I use it on the hard drive and on the flash drive. Though, the part about dragging the file is interesting.

If you have spaces in the file name, it won't take it. Also, with your drag technique, if you have spaces in your folder/directory name, it will not like that, either.

My guess is that you don't have spaces in the folder name on your flash card, but you do have spaces in the folder name on your hard drive (like "Documents and Settings").

Gambit

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Can't seem to work on my SC(ONE) save. How can I find DP in hex editor?

Edit: Yeah... It worked... but my name is not changed... something new?

scurrie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hope this helps,
Scurrie

Hmmm, that's weird. I use it on the hard drive and on the flash drive. Though, the part about dragging the file is interesting.

If you have spaces in the file name, it won't take it. Also, with your drag technique, if you have spaces in your folder/directory name, it will not like that, either.

My guess is that you don't have spaces in the folder name on your flash card, but you do have spaces in the folder name on your hard drive (like "Documents and Settings").

I think you're right and about the dragging and dropping thing it saves you having to type in the filename manually.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte