ROM Hack Translation Yu-Gi-Oh Saikyou Card Battle (English Patch 2021)

DrgnMasterKota

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
DISCLAIMER:
THIS MOD IS A STRICTLY NON-PROFIT MOD CREATED BY A FAN FOR THE FANS FOR ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yu-Gi-Oh-Saikyou-Card-Battle-3DS-cover-ziperto.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! DrgnMaster here back with another off the wall mod, this time for the 3DS and specifically "Yu-Gi-Oh Saikyo Card Battle". This mod is a 2021 new and improved version of the original translation mod released by "Clickclaxer01" a couple years ago. So first off I want to thank him for all of his hard work with his original mod and just give credit where it's due, without his original mod we wouldn't be here today. I always want to give mad shouts and thanks to "zfreeman" for their amazing support and help with re setting up this mod page and for also being kind and generous enough to transfer my original mod setup into XDelta format to distribute to all of you lovely Yu-Gi-Oh fans. Alright, to move things forward and summarize this mod as quickly as possible this new 2021 translation mod improves and replaces a lot of the vulgar and just off the wall dialogue from the OG mod to replace it with appropriate substitutes to match the overall tone of the Yu-Gi-Oh franchise. This mod also fixes a handful of text errors from the original mod polishing up everything into one solid fixed release.

Screenshots of the mod:
100.PNG

101.PNG

102.PNG

103.PNG

Installation:

Like all my other mods the installation is very easy and straight forward. Just take the provided XDelta files of the mod and
patch your game using the corresponding software and you are all set and ready to play.

Link to download the Mod:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nq2TF5AsT1z5XiiySKbKI1PTcCuKZgYG/view?usp=sharing

DrgnMasterKota Official.jpg

Enjoy the mod everyone, happy gaming! :)

Worgit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, thanks for putting this updated patch out! I wasn't even aware that there was a prior patch, so it's great that I can finally play this in English! There are still issues that need addressing though. First, the Campaign Code entry section brings up the English keyboard. The codes that it accepts all use Japanese characters. If possible, that should be changed back so that we can get the starter & structure half-decks. Second, at least from the intro, I'm still seeing a lot of out-of-place vulgar dialogue(especially with Psychic) & a couple of typos. I'm not sure if you know how, but do you also know how to hack cards in? Getting the event, streetpass, and vs-only cards would be a lot easier if I could just edit my save or cheat those in. Thanks again!

DeshFyre

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I can not for the life of me get this to work. Which file is it supposed to be patched over? Clean base? Clickelaxer's pre patched .3ds or Cia? Trying to get it working on 3ds and any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by DeshFyre,

Ikari65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can not for the life of me get this to work. Which file is it supposed to be patched over? Clean base? Clickelaxer's pre patched .3ds or Cia? Trying to get it working on 3ds and any help would be appreciated.
Just get a prepatched thing from one of those sites.

Jowamaru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great translation! Super excited to hear this finally got translated. The dialogue from the battle with the second tutorial opponent had to be the funniest thing I’ve seen all year.

poison532

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
this still keeps tons of F slurs in at random points. why weren't those removed when you did the full patch? that's really not ok and you should be embarrassed you kept them in if you really wanted to make this a good release.

Chosen1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to get a higher quality source of the english logo that was inserted into the game? I'm trying to make a cart for it.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have play this and that poor weevil and the nerdy psychic kid are called nasty names it's messed up. i for once would love to see this patched without cuss words but i know that's never going happen.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

N0va

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you for the work done but would it be possible to have the source file to make a French version or it is not possible?

Saru109

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you ever figure this out?
xdelta patches only work for the exact rom the patch was made from so this doesn't work with a clean dump or most versions you can find online.

would be nice if it did because i actually own the game on my jp 3ds

Devilsblight86

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Might want to fix this patch again. The Psychic guy and other characters refering to him are still calling him a "bundle of sticks." Pretty sure the original Japanese script never calls him the same word the English refer to their cigarettes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM