Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist Announced

yugiohlegacyoftheduelistimage-555x369.png
Konami has officially announced that Yu-Gi-Oh! will be returning to consoles for the next generation this summer. Featuring over 6,600 cards and over 90 characters, Legacy of the Duelists sees elite Duelists entering the Duelist Simulator, simulating the best Duels from Yu-Gi-Oh’s history. This means you can replay actual events from the TV series, featuring the storylines, characters, and decks in a new campaign. The game will be for PS4 and Xbox One and will be priced at $19.99

Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-of-the-Duelist-06-04-15-5.png Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-of-the-Duelist-06-04-15-3.jpg Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-of-the-Duelist-06-04-15-4.png

:arrow: Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist Official Site

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still miss Yata-Garasu. That fucker made the game fun. :( That and laying down a Time Seal every so often... :ha:

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played Yu-Gi-Oh in years. Reading this reminded me that I did get into the anime for the first few seasons. Back when Hollywood Video was in business, I'd rent the GC title, "Yu-Gi-Oh! The Falsebound Kingdom," which featured 3D rendering of cards and animating them like the anime. I fell out of the show, but kept up with the game through the DS titles like World Championship 2008. However, all those were played through emulator and cheating to get all the cards. I'm interested in this though, but I'd have to get a PS4 or Xbox One first (I plan to in the distant future).

rainparadesamurai

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the source, it says that there'll be DLC decks. Anyone have any rough estimate of how much of the card collection is from DLC, based on previous games? I haven't played a Yu-Gi-Oh game since Duelists of the Roses, so coming from a game that allows me to get every card possible, I wanna know if it's worth the money.
No one should buy this scam. Just download ygopro/devpro and you can play with all the cards unlocked from the beginning against an ai and other players for free.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What happened to the World Championship Tournament series from the old GBA and DS days? Those were the best. Card games should be on portable devices, not home consoles. I was hoping for a WCT return for 3DS.

Garro

Pendulum of souls!
Trophies
Website
garrothedog.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Chile
What happened to the World Championship Tournament series from the old GBA and DS days? Those were the best. Card games should be on portable devices, not home consoles. I was hoping for a WCT return for 3DS.
Well.. There's World Duel Carnival for 3DS, but it's pretty lacking compared to the DS ones.

D

Deleted User

yesyesyes i want this!
btw pendulum isnt that good yet imo it needs more support. at the moment its pretty easy to counter

D

Deleted User

just 6.660 cards?
and we'll have to assume that pretty much any card of value will be hidden behind a paywall?
They usually say there's x thousand cards, then when you unlock them all there's more than double that amount due to all the different variations of Dark Magician, Polymerization, Blue Eyes White Dragon etc
In one of the 6th gen games there's even a glitch where they're treated as different cards so you can exceed the 3 limit.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
They usually say there's x thousand cards, then when you unlock them all there's more than double that amount due to all the different variations of Dark Magician, Polymerization, Blue Eyes White Dragon etc
In one of the 6th gen games there's even a glitch where they're treated as different cards so you can exceed the 3 limit.

yeah but 6.660 is still a letdown, considering there shouldnt be any reason to not just have all the cards in there already

D

Deleted User

yeah but 6.660 is still a letdown, considering there shouldnt be any reason to not just have all the cards in there already
Well, there's about 7415 cards total in the OCG and TCG with the TCG just having 6778 and there's a lot of obsolete ones from the early days no one remembers.
6660 should have about every card 99.9% of TCG players use.

It should also be noted that the game isn't anywhere on the Japanese Yu-Gi-Oh site so OCG exclusives might be excluded.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
PS4 and Xbone?

Guess we need all this processing power to show some cards on screen nowadays.

Or is it because we are now simulating the heart of the cards?

most likely its for unnecessarily high ress cards.

also, the ai on weaker consoles has been awfully slow in recent years. i know thats mostly partly due to it being rubbishly programmed, but more processing power is actually what this game has needed the most for quite a while

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 and Xbone?

Guess we need all this processing power to show some cards on screen nowadays.

Or is it because we are now simulating the heart of the cards?

You would think about now that they would have actual monsters, spells, traps, etc attacking each other, but I guess even after so long, that's too much work.

It's a shame about 3ds one. I would have pick it up, but it like they didn't even want you to. It lack features from the past and ,iirc, they took away online. I understand not putting too much time and money in these games, but they aren't even trying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8