Hacking YSMENU

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It a menu system for the DSTT that someone named Yasu wrote. You can use it in place of the OEM menu (TTMenu) that you would normally run on the DSTT.

Advantages of YSMenu over TTMenu: it sorts the roms, it shows folders allowing you to organize your roms into separate screens, it attempts to patch the browser and GBA games without having to use a separate loader program, it runs emulated programs directly in the emulator in one step.

Disagvantages of YSMenu: it's not very pretty (IMO), it doesn't support the touch screen very well (you have to use the buttons to do most of the operations), it doesn't support download play.

It is possible to install both YSMenu and TTMenu on the same card, and you can switch back and forth between the two as needed.

-Bri

Swip

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How do you exactly place both YSMenu and TTMenu on the same card?
Do you simply change the original TTMenu.dat file extension to .nds?

EDIT: Tried it myself works perfectly

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You can also do the same thing with YSMenu (name it "YSMenu.nds"). If you have both of them on your card, you can switch back and forth. Make sure you also have TTMENU.DAT of whichever menu you like best as it will boot up in that one by default.

-Bri

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu really needs some documentation, I barely found out about that just now
smile.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
April 1 (April Fool's Day), any year. I don't know if it will work if you set your clock to April 1, but I imagine it will.

-Bri

DJ91990

Grookey Gang!
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Where do I download YSMenu on the website? I have browsed it for hours now using Google Translator.
Can somebody please create a how to download thing?

-I managed to find a Filefront Page that has the YSMenu. I think it could be fake though.

Karuko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You go to the DS(T_T)DS section, and thanks to you just noticed there was an update 3 days ago.
yaynds.gif

Lets see what it does.

Hitcher

Trophies
XP
Country
+ 2009/02/07 16:30
- Fix: some Icon not shown
- Game List now shows files specified by FILETYPE in ini
- sav creation size can be specified by savlib.dat

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yasu doesn’t want anyone to link to any pages other than his home page. Yasu’s home page is http://home.usay.jp/. It's mostly in Japanese, but to get YSMenu, follow these directions:[*]Click the "ETC" button in the main menu near the top beneath the title.[*]Select "Nintendo DS" (second item) from the table.[*]Search for "DS(T_T)DS" (CTRL-F) or just scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see the heading in blue.[*]There is a scrollable text area beneath that heading. Select the first item in the scollable list to download the latest version.
-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s