bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, to clear things up I'm using an original R4 running YSMenu.
It isn't the newest YSMenu... in fact it's quite old (Probably cos Im too lazy to update it
tongue.gif

Okay I have some questions here:

1. How can I configure my YSMenu so it makes a .SAV file taking the LEAST amount of space possible? (256, 128?)
huh.gif

2. Can I trim my .SAV's?
rolleyes.gif

3. How can I make loading time for my NDS Games to be super quick (if it's possible? Because mine takes a while)

Just to confirm, I've updated my savlib and infolib with the 'weekly infolib.dat updates'. Just today.
Is it possible to make the games load even quicker than this?

Okay, I think that was all... Can anyone answer my questions?

Thanks!!
rolleyes.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bekar said:
1. How can I configure my YSMenu so it makes a .SAV file taking the LEAST amount of space possible? (256, 128?)
huh.gif
specially modified savlib.dat -- Note: this is NOT recommended as you'll end up with corrupted save games.
bekar said:
2. Can I trim my .SAV's?
rolleyes.gif
You can't.
bekar said:
3. How can I make loading time for my NDS Games to be super quick (if it's possible? Because mine takes a while)
infolib.dat and/or a faster MicroSD card.

QUOTE(bekar @ Jan 14 2010, 05:59 PM)
Just to confirm, I've updated my savlib and infolib with the 'weekly infolib.dat updates'. Just today.
Is it possible to make the games load even quicker than this?
Make sure you build the latest YSMenu (0903270000 -- removed from yasu's site?) with the latest (DSTT 1.17a12).
Then update with the most recent infolib.dat, savlib.dat, and extinfo.dat files.

bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
I have the latest one ready to go but when I tried it... it was working fine, except the patched version of Bowser's Inside Story failed to work. So I tried a clean ROM. No success. Is there some way to make Bowser's Inside Story work with the latest YSMenu??

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you are 100% sure that YSMenu is built correctly then the problem lies with the ROM, the SD card or the flashcart you are using.

I can assure you that M&LBiS works fine on R4/YSMenu if all is done properly.

bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
By the way, the loading bar at the bottom is black. Is there some way to change the color?
rolleyes.gif

By Loading bar I mean the bar the comes at the bottom when you boot a .NDS game.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you can. Just edit the settings for YSMenu. Edit the YSMenu.ini. Go HERE for the Color Codes. And go HERE to find out how you can change the color of the font. (It's at the end of the first post)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, you can't.

The loading bar is built into the loader and as of DSTT 1.17x is black for commercial ROMs and the original blue for Homebrew since the homebrew loader hasn't been updated.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bekar said:
Is there an update to the homebrew launcher??
there's no need for updates on homebrew launchers,all are usually read the same way,plus no one adds AP to homebrews(
rofl2.gif
)so the answer is simply no

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
No, you can't.

The loading bar is built into the loader and as of DSTT 1.17x is black for commercial ROMs and the original blue for Homebrew since the homebrew loader hasn't been updated.

Oh, I see. I didn't know about the blue loading bar for homebrew.

bekar

OP
Trophies
Website
www.omgpop.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay then... everything seems to be working fine right now.

Thanks everyone!
Just one last question... Is there a 'template' to make YSMenu skins? I'm thinking of creating my own but I need a 'starting point'. Anyone?

Oh, and this may be extremely irrelevant, but there is a cheat in New Super Mario Bros DS called 'trampoline time magazine'. What the heck does that do?!

Thanks!

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
bekar said:
Okay then... everything seems to be working fine right now.

Thanks everyone!
Just one last question... Is there a 'template' to make YSMenu skins? I'm thinking of creating my own but I need a 'starting point'. Anyone?
Here are the ones I made when making my own skins - http://www.mediafire.com/?qj2myk5hzm5

A couple of other things to remember is that the images have to be 256x192 and must be saved as .bmp files. To change the text colours etc edit this part of the YSMenu .ini

CODE[FILELIST]
; COLOR = BIT15 | BGR(5bit x3)
COLOR_PATH=0xFFFF
COLOR_FILE=0x8000
COLOR_FOLDER=0x800F
COLOR_SELECT=0xFC00
COLOR_SELTEXT=0x801F

[FILEINFO]
COLOR_TEXT=0x8000
DRAW_FRAME=true

The color codes are in BGR15. The conversion site that I use is down.
sad.gif

It's back again! http://www.conradshome.com/html2bgr15/

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bekar said:
Oh, and are there 'plugins' for YSMenu to load a file extension (example, something that can play mp3's straight from ysmenu)??
No... but if you're interested in that, you can always do what I do and run Moonshell 2.06 as your firmware.
Moonshell 2.06 is the last version to support linoul's YSMenu Loader.

You can follow the guide here on how to set it up:
http://www.gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=149734
It's no more difficult than setting up YSMenu.

Another up side is, Moonshell can load NES, SNES, Gameboy/Color, Sega Genesis and NeoGeo ROMs directly using loaders (Some loaders work better than others and will launch the game directly, others just load the emulator).
The only down side I've found is that you cannot use cheats.
The work around is to hold the B button after selecting a game and that will cancel YSMenu loader's auto-boot so you can launch the game directly from YSMenu with cheats.

It's almost like the M3's Sakura
biggrin.gif

.....almost
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.