YSmenu GBA games problem

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by Feels Good Man, Mar 29, 2008.

Mar 29, 2008
  1. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Sometimes some games play but it gives an error later. Like I was playing Buu's Fury and I tried to go into Grand Kai's house and it says "This game does not run on this hardware" or something similar to that. I cant run Super Mario Bros 3. and when starting Pokemon Fire Red it says "The 1M sub-circuit board is not installed". Im pretty sure it's because the lack of the internal battery.

So yeah. Any way to fix this?

btw Im using M3lite Perfect SD to play

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Have you tried using GBA ExpLoader? I know that Yasu's GBA support isn't perfect yet.

-Bri

3. Feels Good Man
    OP

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Ah... I didnt know GBAExploader could do that.

Is there anyway I could get my save file? I copy and pasted the .sav to the GBA_SAVE folder but my save isnt there.

4. Bri

United States
    Sorry, I don't know much about GBA (I don't play very many GBA games), but I've never gotten YSMenu to create a proper .sav file for a GBA game. GBA ExpLoader seems to work just fine with the games I've tried. I don't know for certain whether GBA ExpLoader works with the M3lite Perfect SD or not, but it works with quite a few different carts.

I also don't know if the .sav files for GBA are standardized or if every loader uses a different format.

-Bri

5. harold

Newcomer harold Newbie

Philippines
    GUYS..im new here...just wanna ask if i can play gba games using my DSTT?

6. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    No you cant play gba games with your dstt alone, you need a slot 2 card like the dstt expansion pak (rebadged ewin expansion pak) or the ez flash 3 in 1 to play gba games with your dstt.

7. Bri

United States
    @harold: You can play .gba games stored on your DSTT, but like Swip said you need a slot2 card to do it. The eWin 2in1 GBA expansion pack is compatible with the DSTT, so I'd get that one. As an added bonus, it will work as extra memory needed to run the Opera browser.

The eWin 2in1 GBA expansion pack is fairly cheap (around $15 including shipping). You can buy one at psxboy.com among other places.

You will need the latest version of Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader program to play GBA games with it or to patch the memory for the Opera browser.

-Bri

8. imz

Member imz GBAtemp's vigilante

United Kingdom
    The Buu's fury problem can be fixed with an ips patch, you can find the ips file here http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&section=patch to patch it you will need an ips patching program ( a good one is IPSwin, google it) the same needs to be done with super mario bros 3 (and several other games also have this problem). As for the pokemon fire red i'm not sure but try the same method and it might work.

9. harold

Newcomer harold Newbie

Philippines

THANKS

10. Bri

United States
    The eWin is the one that is sometimes packaged with the DSTT, so if you can find a DSTT GBA Expansion pack, it's the same thing.

-Bri