YSMenu for AK2

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Bri, Apr 26, 2008.

Apr 26, 2008

YSMenu for AK2 by Bri at 4:03 AM (3,483 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. Bri
    OP

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    The newest version of Yasu's YSMenu works for the AK2. I don't know what advantage it might have over the official or Bliss menu.

-Bri

2. Swip

Member Swip GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Since it uses the same loader, i find it useless why swap one of the best gui's with one of the crappiest guis for no added bonuses.

3. Bri
    OP

United States
    I'm trying to remember if YSMenu has any features that the AK2 menu doesn't have. It loads various types of games into emulators automatically, but doesn't Bliss' menu also do that?

-Bri

4. i_Am_Ghost

Newcomer i_Am_Ghost Member

Korea, South
    YSMenu has really good expansion supports.
    ex) use M3 Lite as GBA Expansion, Goomba, PocketNES, etc..

Many things are better than Bliss menu, The problem is crappy gui.

5. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    I know Yasu doesn't like when people post his stuff on forums. Can someone PM me the link?

6. Bri
    OP

United States
    Yasu doesn't mind if you link to his home page. So here is his home page. It's mostly in Japanese, but don't worry about that. To get YSMenu, follow these directions:
    [*]Click the "ETC" button in the main menu near the top beneath the title.[*]Select "Nintendo DS" (second item) from the table.[*]Search for "DS(T_T)DS" (CTRL-F) or just scroll about 2/3 of the way down until you see the heading in blue.[*]There is a scrollable text area beneath that heading. Select the first item in the scollable list (currently "2008/04/21 21:07") to download the latest version.
    -Bri

7. sk3tch

Member sk3tch GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thank you for those instructions. I downloaded "YSMenu0804212107.zip" - I assume that is correct?

8. Bri
    OP

United States
    That's the one! The "readme" file will tell you how to install it on an AK2.

-Bri

9. NeSchn

United States
    Bri, I swear if there was a member of the month I would nominate you! You are one of the most helpful people on this board!

10. Bri
    OP

United States
    Thanks NeSchn! Mighty kind of you to say! Glad I could help.

-Bri

11. NeSchn

United States
    No problem, I always see you help out everyone else. You need to be recognized.

12. Bri
    OP

United States
    This site helped me immensely when I first got my NDS (and continues to do so), so I just like to "pass it on" so to speak.

I actually have a file with stuff that people ask over and over again (how do I install firmware, where can I get YSMenu, etc), so I just cut-and-paste. It would be helpful if the OP's of some of the sticky topics were updated more often with useful information, but they often aren't, and most people can't wade through hundreds of pages of discussions to find the answers they seek.

-Bri

13. Cermage

Member Cermage GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    what other things does it have over bliss's menu, its got me quite interested. One main feature thats keeping me with Bliss menu is the ability to load from gba games from the menu if you have a expansion slot in. saves the hassle from going through gbaexploader or rudolphs 3 in 1

14. Bri
    OP

United States
    YSMenu does that (it also loads the Opera browser directly if you have an expansion pack). YSMenu can load other types of files into emulators automatically if you click on them. Bliss' menu should be able to do that if someone were to write a plug-in for various emulators, but I don't think it does it currently. YSMenu can boot back to the NDS menu (you can use Yasu's standalone back2fw to do that with the AK2). It can sort by the timestamp of the SAV file. And it can work with several different flashcarts.

-Bri