Hacking YsMenu for Acekard 2i

iTEPB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looking for the latest YsMenu for Acekard 2i which has the latest firmware installed already.
Reason: YsMenu from RetroGameFan Firmware Update 6.43 for my M3 Real runs every ROM I throw at it.

I have a M3 Real with GBA Expansion Pack. Never used Touchpod. Always used Sakura. I also have a Patriot SDHC 4GB Class 10 Micro card.
I didn't like the native GBA support so I used GBA_Loader to play GBA games.
A few NDS games did not work, such as Star Trek - Tactical Assault & Golden Sun - Dark Dawn.
ST - TA would hang on save, & GS - DD would just be a black screen.

Fast forward a few Sakura updates and still neither worked.
So I saw YsMenu v6.43 for M3Real.
Removed Sakura/Touchpod from my M3Real and put in YsMenu.
Yes it's very basic but wow it runs everything with no issues.
Finally can stop carting around ST - TA & GS - DD with me, even GBA_Loader works.

So. I now have a Acekard 2i for my DS Lite. I've formatted my card with the Panasonic formatting program.
Followed the great sticky on noob setup Acekard 2i. Got the new loaders, cheats, wifi, put in my few ROMs.

Problem:
GBA_Loader will not work, still using my M3Real GBA Expansion Pack.
I read that as long as I use a loader the GBA ROMs will load and run.

ST - TA still works as normal.
GS - DD does not. I've tried the (A)(X)hold, (A)hold, loading, still just black screen.

In the noob how to, there are menus that do not show on my version of Akaio. Such as the AK2 Loader selection.
I got the Acekard 2i because I read it had AP patching so games not in its loader would run. I can use multiple Loaders so if one didn't work there are others to try.
Also read that it could run GS - DD.
I have 2 DS Lites, one with the M3Real with YsMenu & the other with Acekard 2i.

Since the Acekard isn't living up to expectations and the YsMenu software works so well I would like to run it on my Acekard and ditch the akaio software all together.

iTEPB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian, ty for response.

GBA_Loader does not work for some reason. It runs but just stays at initializing screen. I turn off then on and notice GBA_SAV and SIGN folders were created in the root, however my INI file is configured to place them in the GBA folder. When I run the GBA_Loader again it finally will show the GBA ROMs, I run one, and it just gets stuck at the Akaio loading screen.

As far as the "AAP", I have Bypass AntiPiracy Enabled on for all games by default. Also specifically enabled for GS - DD. Ether way that game and the GBA_Loader do not run.

Still stumped
frown.gif

Should I try the default Acekard 2i system instead of the Akaio software?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YSMenu doesn't work on AK2's IIRC,it uses the AK loader still.
Don't bother using it(default or/and YSMenu),go with AKAIO.

No idea on your GBAExploader problem,sorry.

iTEPB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TY lolzed I'll stick with Akaio.

Rydian, I've tried that GBA_ExpLoader 58b0, however according to the site it doesn't work ok M3 hardware, so I use 58b0MX.
As of right now I downloaded what you suggested and have the 2 exploaders on it. I'll try them both again.

Also you mention the latency of the card. Is that different then write speed and class?

Testing results.
Writing speed: 12.5 MByte/s
Reading speed: 19.3 MByte/s
H2testw v1.4

I have the same card in my M3DS Real and GS - DD runs fine, of course, it's only worked with YsMenu, haven't tried the latest Sakura as I like YsMenus' simplicity.

Basically it sounds as if I'll have to wait to use my AK2i.
The GBA_ExpLoader issue is unknown. Perhaps I'll post in the exploader forums, if there is some
smile.gif

Let me know please Rydian about the latency.

iTEPB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Latest Akaio v1.5.5a now runs GS - DD, yay! Haven't decided if I will restart playing it on Akaio or continue on the game itself.

Another note, the GBA_ExpLoader runs very well, however it is only detecting as a 3in1, and not my M3 GBA Expansion Card.
I looked for a M3 Only version but it seems a patch is only available for the 3in1 version. I don't see myself playing any of my old GBA games but still it's nice to cart my entire collection with me
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality