Ys V - Kefin, Lost City of Sand English Translation for SNES Available!!!

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by XDel, Dec 7, 2013.

1. XDel
    OP

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    It looks like all of Aeon Genesis' hard work has finally paid off, and the English translation of Ys V is finally complete!!!

http://agtp.romhack.net/project.php?id=ys5

Info from the page:

"Major Release ~ Ys 5, At Long Last Ys V - Kefin, Lost City of Sand
    # Posted on November 28th, 2013 12:01 AM by Gideon ZhiI must admit, I am at a loss for words writing this. Ys 5 has been a trial in so many ways and it has been in the works for so long that I don´t feel like I could do it justice in a one- or two-paragraph blurb. As such, I will let the translation speak for itself: it is without issue (that I know of), and includes some fairly substantial under-the-hood modifications to data storage and menu structures. Despite how bumpy the road has been, or perhaps because of it, I am intensely proud of this release. Enjoy!

As a further note, earlier this week XSeed Games released Memories of Celceta for the PS Vita, and their Ys releases on Steam are currently on sale. If you enjoy Ys 5 and haven´t bought any other titles in the series, please give XSeed your business. In celebration I´ve updated the translation of Ys 4 Mask of the Sun, of which Memories of Celceta is a remake. This update brings some of the terminology in line with XSeed´s version and includes various other fixes to the text, including the nasty glitchy too-long strings that erased bits of the frame.

Lastly, I´ve updated TwinBee Rainbow Bell Adventure with a minor fix to the Battle mode screen.

I´m going to attempt to keep up a bi-weekly release schedule for the foreseeable future, but I don´t like to make any hard-and-fast promises for something like this unless I´ve already got something very nearly ready for release. I think I can manage it for at least two more, though!

In any case, Ys 5 is now available. Enjoy!"

Attached Files:

• 0.png
      0.png
      File size:
      10.6 KB
      Views:
    Crimson Ghoul likes this.
  2. Celice

Celice GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Jan 1, 2008
    United States
    Shared this with my bro when Gideon shared the news over at romhacking dot net :) Glad to see another great game get an English translation, finally.