Gaming Ys I and II Chronicles (CSO)

Corrosive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies if this isn't the right forum.

I've ripped my copy of Ys Chronicles (legit, yes) and the iso works flawlessly. I've got a bit of an OCD, so I go through and clear up space in my memory often. I heard about compressing ISOs and getting a little more space so I assumed this would be a good fix to couple with my constant 'tidying'.

I followed instructions including, and this is what may have done it, 'optimizing' the file using UMDgen 4. Now the game's icon and video and music are all fine under the GAME menu of my xmb, but when I try to start the game I get a totally black screen, no splash screen or anything, and then my PSP shuts down after freezing, and I have to reboot, rerun Fast Recovery, etc.

The only thing I can think of is: Perhaps because it's 2 games in one, and each one of the 2 games has 3 different BGM pools to play from, perhaps optimizing ripped something out that now causes a discrepancy.

Please note that the game in ISO form plays like a champion, however compressing it "breaks" it.

Thank you in advance for your help and replies.

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Try with compression level 1 and nothing else because it's supposed to work even if compressed as a .cso.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
some game will NOT work if you change them (ie remove files from the ISO or change it in ANY WAY)

they have lba protection

you can try to export LBA
do optimizing
import the LBA

yuo jsut rip to ISO and the compress to CSO with out doing ANY optimizing

Reactions: Corrosive

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It may also require you to retain the LBA present in the ISO meaning you'd need to export the LBA table, optimise it, then import the LBA.

shazwanmuhammad

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Yeah, this game won't work if you rip some files. Compress it to CSO without ripping does work. You don't have to rip the updates file as no big differences in size if you rip it and compress it and only compress it. (don't use the optimize option in UMDGEN)

Corrosive

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some game will NOT work if you change them (ie remove files from the ISO or change it in ANY WAY)

they have lba protection

you can try to export LBA
do optimizing
import the LBA

yuo jsut rip to ISO and the compress to CSO with out doing ANY optimizing

It was this. I looked up exactly how to do the whole LBA export thing and it worked flawlessly.

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...