YS Anthology and Valis Collection Fan selfmade games

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by elconejotres, Jul 19, 2012.

1. elconejotres
    OP

Newcomer elconejotres Member

Belize
    Delete this please

1 person likes this.
  2. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    Looks like nice work. Thanks for sharing now off to track this down.

Edit: can you only make this for use with PCE Cd games or have you gotten it working with HuCards?

3. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    Shame....i must fail at life because the only version i can find mentioned is the beta which contains only YS3.

4. 431unknown

Member 431unknown Greatness Awaits

United States
    I found both the Valis and Y's anthologies. Was actually pretty easy too.

5. xist

Member xist ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ

United Kingdom
    For the full releases i've located a private torrent site and an ftp repository..that's not helpful. On the positive side at least it's not on the large and well known ISO site populated by single figure IQ's and no outside linking.

Edit- Oh and i'm not asking for a link, i'm seeking clarification as to how well distributed they are.

6. elconejotres
    OP

Belize
    Suggestions for that? this is about feedback if you know of a trusted place where I can share the links to spread the word please let me know

7. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    Um websites with pirate in their name? I guess the first thing to look for.

(but it'll break rules here to go into detail)

8. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    you can share the engine on filetrip.net (our hosting site), just don't include the game files. including them is going to limit the distribution and eventually the life of the project. a year from now it will be difficult to track down because you decided that including game files was more important than assuming users had enough sense to track them down on their own -=P

-another world

9. elconejotres
    OP

Belize
    That's the problem I can't just upload the engine because 50% of the game are the converted game files which are very hard to adapt to the PSP (there were some tools on maxconsole forums long time ago but were very buggy and tend to crash the games, try it if you can get a hold of them and see what happens with YS 1 or Valis 3 US) so it must be bundled with all on it

10. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

You could post all the tools and information necessary to do the conversion including patches though.

11. elconejotres
    OP

Belize
    You're missing the entire point, I mentioned those tools but I DON'T USE THEM those tools were made by macthefork a loooong time ago and make some games crash big time besides I don't know if they are still available somewhere, there are not "tools" to do this and I don't have nor used any for none of each compilation I've made, lots of effort goes to rewrite the entire interface, the saves, the art gallery, the buttons, CRC Checks, the games, the audio encoding etc. etc. if this could be done easily or with some "tools" do you think I would be posting about it or telling about how hard to make it really are? or sharing it?

12. macmanhigh

Banned macmanhigh THC = Truly High Caliber

United States

So whuts the whole point of this Thread if ur not gonna share or help anyone else to Create em???

-1 for U Budd :(

13. Nathan Drake

Member Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Antarctica
    To tell people that it's out there. With the word spread, the file will eventually spread. The reasons have already been given as to why it's impossible to distribute it in any other way other than the full file. Asking him 15 more times won't suddenly make it possible to create an easy to manage, push of a button editor for people to do this themselves.

14. elconejotres
    OP

Belize
    And -100 for U dude because even is very easy to get (more than 200 people have it already) you keep asking to give you the files or the "tools" to do it yourself, have you seen another compilation or anything like this in the web? no you say? never wondered why? because this is a FAN SELFMADE MODIFIED GAME USING AN ENGINE FROM A OFFICIAL COMPILATION besides I've pointed some of you to the places where you can get it answering lotsa PMs, still there are people asking "send me the game to mi email adress" "C'mon upload it at ..... (put here you fav file hosting name)" or even the "I'm too lazy to search for the full game send me the game or put links on a forum" if you can't find it don't blame me or tell me I don't want to share it I've made it available on several places and it's not that hard to find.
    On a final note if you think this can be made with "tools" or you think you can do it yourself please by all means start making yours and share it with all of us, give it a try and maybe then you can understand the effort and time I dedicated to make this one fully working on the PSP and maybe then you can start showing a little respect for my work and the fact I'm sharing it with all of you without expecting anything in return

P.S.
    You better start improving your search skills because I'm about to release the shooter compilation which includes Lords of thunder as well as other superb shooters!!!! ;) and will be more compilations soon