Hacking Youtube video with Acekard 2i was flagged for copyright?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I had a youtube video which showed how to install that cover flow looking GUI for DS flashcarts on AceKard 2i (it's an old video) the GUI was Spinal_cord's abandoned DSCovered project. That's it. Not where to get games ROMS. or how to play them. but how to INSTALL a GUI on the card. it was uploaded on october fucking 2010. 3 goddamn years ago. It was flagged Last may of the 23rd by the Belgium Anti-Piracy Federation. For them being butthurt of me showing the card in the video most likely. Do I have a claim here? Do I have any merit? I'm a youtube partner and youtube is a pretty big part of my part time job. If not I will have to wait 6 months for the strike to expire

Thanks, any help would be appreciated :)

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a claim, but a very murky one. You didn't show any copyrighted material, but you demoed using a device which is (as a general rule) expressly used for pirating content.

My guess is that running unsigned code on the DS is also non-legit legally in some way.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
You have a claim, but a very murky one. You didn't show any copyrighted material, but you demoed using a device which is (as a general rule) expressly used for pirating content.

My guess is that running unsigned code on the DS is also non-legit legally in some way.

I don't want to get my account pwned....I probably should wait 6 months shouldn't I?

Should I remove ANYTHING related to flashcarts on my channel???

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't worry about it. How many strikes are you allowed to get before you lose partner status and/or get an account ban? I think this Belgian federation flagged it because it contained some random keyword or something. You really have nothing to lose by disputing the claim. I doubt some random company in Belgium owns any of the rights to the content of your video.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am not ultra familiar with the 2013 youtube policies but I will note there is a difference between having a claim as far as the law goes, successfully seeing off a claim on youtube and how things might get interpreted is interesting.

In earnest it probably way as a blanket search for something and you got tapped.

If you are not already suffering for it (an old video without many views/few new ones, no actual marks on your record at this point....) then maybe consider letting it slide. If you are suffering a continued issue then probably time to fight.

I am not so familiar with the Belgian AP people though (UK, France, Netherlands, Germany, North America sure) so I do not know how they play things. You are probably going to want to examine (or if you can share then share) the notice that would have been sent.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I heard that if your claim has no merit or the complainers complain to google that your're complaining and they complain enough. Google will take your account away...and this will be the second account so far......with one video 550,000 hits. Maybe I should let it slide...after 6 months I'll get my unlimited video and live stream rights back right? I had it before

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That doesn't seem right for some reason. What chance do regular people have against a bunch of internet lawyers? If that actually happened to you, I would consider finding a different partner to host your videos.

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it's just a faulty claim (that happens to me often). You can control it in the video manager and than you can press on the note under your video. It will display the actual claim in the video.

This was not a ContentID Claim this was a Copyright strike. I'm in good standing with ContentID claims

going to bump this once because I have a pressing question still not answered :unsure:

so....should i remove all Acekard or flashcart related content?....I dont want another random strike with these filthy cocksuckers during this 6 month period

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The term "Cover Flow" is actually copyrighted, it belongs to Apple. If you used it and showed off software that looks like it then Apple being Apple could claim copyright infringement... :tpi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_Flow

this was by an anti-piracy federation (who annon attacked a while ago btw) Not apple

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I... see. :rofl:

I know you were trolling me. Just the fact that I have to upload my newest episode into 3 parts (nobody will watch the 2nd and 3rd parts) after my subscribers waited so long, just pisses me off.

• Representative list of works allegedly infringed Rightholder Nintendo Co. Ltd.

butthurt bastards

bump: UPDATE:

I've heard that deleting the video will make the strike go away in 6 months...but this also removes any chances for- counter-claim.

For this type of video, do you think you"gle" will remove the strike in 6 months? for some cases they don't. I didn't even show how to pirate DS games...I just showed how to change the SKIN. the motherf$#king skin!

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I mean, in my opinion you should fight it. It's like someone filing a strike for someone showing how to set backgrounds on Windows but since they had a pirated game on there desktop they got copyright striked. So yeah, fight it ma :P

stanleyopar2000

OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, I mean, in my opinion you should fight it. It's like someone filing a strike for someone showing how to set backgrounds on Windows but since they had a pirated game on there desktop they got copyright striked. So yeah, fight it ma :P

I heard though that if your claim is not valid or good enough, youtube will delete your account so the copyright holder will leave THEM alone. I have over 1,100+ subscribers and counting every day!

lisreal2401

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally got two strikes on mine and when I countered them they basically said i was wrong and to re-read the stuff. Although I think my claim was good, so YMMV

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it