Youtube video with Acekard 2i was flagged for copyright?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by stanleyopar2000, Jun 14, 2013.

1. stanleyopar2000
    OP

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I had a youtube video which showed how to install that cover flow looking GUI for DS flashcarts on AceKard 2i (it's an old video) the GUI was Spinal_cord's abandoned DSCovered project. That's it. Not where to get games ROMS. or how to play them. but how to INSTALL a GUI on the card. it was uploaded on october fucking 2010. 3 goddamn years ago. It was flagged Last may of the 23rd by the Belgium Anti-Piracy Federation. For them being butthurt of me showing the card in the video most likely. Do I have a claim here? Do I have any merit? I'm a youtube partner and youtube is a pretty big part of my part time job. If not I will have to wait 6 months for the strike to expire

Thanks, any help would be appreciated :)

2. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    You have a claim, but a very murky one. You didn't show any copyrighted material, but you demoed using a device which is (as a general rule) expressly used for pirating content.

My guess is that running unsigned code on the DS is also non-legit legally in some way.

3. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I don't want to get my account pwned....I probably should wait 6 months shouldn't I?

Should I remove ANYTHING related to flashcarts on my channel???

4. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    I wouldn't worry about it. How many strikes are you allowed to get before you lose partner status and/or get an account ban? I think this Belgian federation flagged it because it contained some random keyword or something. You really have nothing to lose by disputing the claim. I doubt some random company in Belgium owns any of the rights to the content of your video.

5. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    I am not ultra familiar with the 2013 youtube policies but I will note there is a difference between having a claim as far as the law goes, successfully seeing off a claim on youtube and how things might get interpreted is interesting.

In earnest it probably way as a blanket search for something and you got tapped.

If you are not already suffering for it (an old video without many views/few new ones, no actual marks on your record at this point....) then maybe consider letting it slide. If you are suffering a continued issue then probably time to fight.

I am not so familiar with the Belgian AP people though (UK, France, Netherlands, Germany, North America sure) so I do not know how they play things. You are probably going to want to examine (or if you can share then share) the notice that would have been sent.

6. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I heard that if your claim has no merit or the complainers complain to google that your're complaining and they complain enough. Google will take your account away...and this will be the second account so far......with one video 550,000 hits. Maybe I should let it slide...after 6 months I'll get my unlimited video and live stream rights back right? I had it before

7. Subtle Demise

Subtle Demise h

Sep 17, 2009
    United States
    That doesn't seem right for some reason. What chance do regular people have against a bunch of internet lawyers? If that actually happened to you, I would consider finding a different partner to host your videos.

8. PityOnU

PityOnU GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2012
    United States
    Welcome to the 21st century. Burn the witch!

9. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I know...and I was about to do my 100 voiceovers video (i can do almost every family guy voice even stewie haha) for my subscribers...guess I have to wait for 6 months...

10. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Maybe it's just a faulty claim (that happens to me often). You can control it in the video manager and than you can press on the note under your video. It will display the actual claim in the video.

11. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    This was not a ContentID Claim this was a Copyright strike. I'm in good standing with ContentID claims

going to bump this once because I have a pressing question still not answered :unsure:

so....should i remove all Acekard or flashcart related content?....I dont want another random strike with these filthy cocksuckers during this 6 month period

12. eggsample

eggsample punahussy

Mar 29, 2010
    Poland
    If youtube video shows nds listing, game icons, it will be flagged and deleted.

13. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    so you mean even NDS reviews that don't even show a physical flashcart in them?

14. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    The term "Cover Flow" is actually copyrighted, it belongs to Apple. If you used it and showed off software that looks like it then Apple being Apple could claim copyright infringement... :tpi:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_Flow

15. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States

this was by an anti-piracy federation (who annon attacked a while ago btw) Not apple

16. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    I... see. :rofl:

17. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I know you were trolling me. Just the fact that I have to upload my newest episode into 3 parts (nobody will watch the 2nd and 3rd parts) after my subscribers waited so long, just pisses me off.

• Representative list of works allegedly infringed Rightholder Nintendo Co. Ltd.

butthurt bastards

bump: UPDATE:

I've heard that deleting the video will make the strike go away in 6 months...but this also removes any chances for- counter-claim.

For this type of video, do you think you"gle" will remove the strike in 6 months? for some cases they don't. I didn't even show how to pirate DS games...I just showed how to change the SKIN. the motherf$#king skin!

18. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    Well, I mean, in my opinion you should fight it. It's like someone filing a strike for someone showing how to set backgrounds on Windows but since they had a pirated game on there desktop they got copyright striked. So yeah, fight it ma :P

19. stanleyopar2000
    OP

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    I heard though that if your claim is not valid or good enough, youtube will delete your account so the copyright holder will leave THEM alone. I have over 1,100+ subscribers and counting every day!

20. lisreal2401

lisreal2401 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 4, 2013
    United States
    I personally got two strikes on mine and when I countered them they basically said i was wrong and to re-read the stuff. Although I think my claim was good, so YMMV