Feedback YouTube Temporarily Shuts Down LoFi Girl Stream

ShaakTee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YouTube is perhaps the most important video platform on the internet, with videos ranging from educational to entertaining absorbing hundreds of people's hours a day. It has also adapted over time, with additions like YouTube Shorts and becoming a streaming platform to rival Twitch.

nightupdate.jpeg

I can't believe this happened, here's the link if you guys want to know more.

Read More

Reactions: IncredulousP

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It has happened before. To the Lo-fi channel too. It got hit by false DMCA takedown notices, and YouTube's system automatically suspends any video with too many reports. Admins sometimes bring the video back, sometimes they don't.

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For one I can't stand the shorts system they implemented recently, its half assed and seems to encourage the generation of low quality content over more quality content that original videos tend to have. Half my suggestion feeds are now full of this shit, and even worse is designed solely for phone watching which is not where I tend to watch YT videos on most.

Secondly, I feel that because of shit like this and the topic at hand Youtube having literally no competition in the video upload and hosting community online they are seriously slacking in terms of developing better and more intuitive ways of adopting the platform rather than trying to chase other popular communities to build upon itself (Gaming and Shorts being their attempts to go after Twitch and TikTok users) and allowing themselves to be influenced so heavily by money that ads are a requirement even if you as a creator do not want them on your videos. Plus do not get me started on the copyright abuse systems they have in place, basically allowing any copyright troll to cause trouble on a creator while said creator has to go through extensive hoops to get their shit looked over and appealed by a person. The Algorithm bullshit does not help either in this, which basically paints the system as "Guilty by a jury of copyright trolls/AI until proven innocent by a YT employee if you are lucky enough, or lets be honest here influential and popular enough to get a response back from them.

The YT platform is a shitshow that has gotten only worse as any form of competition has fallen away in its wake. There really is not a competitor that people and creators can go to flee the broken system because "its the only system in town".

It makes me wish someone like Bezos, Musk, or hell "The Hub" make their own competitor. Yeah, yeah it would be shit for its own reasons sure enough but competition that is strong enough to start making users look the other direction will cause the heads at the front of the platform to switch gears and actually care about its creators more than its advertisers. They might actually hire more employees and change the batshit built in copyright system as well. Bring back the good days of YT when it was not the only platform of relevance online. Actually have it be run by people, not machines and actually care for its creators again. The only way that will happen if there is a good enough competitor out there that people can choose to abandon one for the other. This is the only way they will have a fire lit under their arse enough to change their view on things..

RichardTheKing

Honestly XC2>XC3...
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
For one I can't stand the shorts system they implemented recently, its half assed and seems to encourage the generation of low quality content over more quality content that original videos tend to have. Half my suggestion feeds are now full of this shit, and even worse is designed solely for phone watching which is not where I tend to watch YT videos on most.

Secondly, I feel that because of shit like this and the topic at hand Youtube having literally no competition in the video upload and hosting community online they are seriously slacking in terms of developing better and more intuitive ways of adopting the platform rather than trying to chase other popular communities to build upon itself (Gaming and Shorts being their attempts to go after Twitch and TikTok users) and allowing themselves to be influenced so heavily by money that ads are a requirement even if you as a creator do not want them on your videos. Plus do not get me started on the copyright abuse systems they have in place, basically allowing any copyright troll to cause trouble on a creator while said creator has to go through extensive hoops to get their shit looked over and appealed by a person. The Algorithm bullshit does not help either in this, which basically paints the system as "Guilty by a jury of copyright trolls/AI until proven innocent by a YT employee if you are lucky enough, or lets be honest here influential and popular enough to get a response back from them.

The YT platform is a shitshow that has gotten only worse as any form of competition has fallen away in its wake. There really is not a competitor that people and creators can go to flee the broken system because "its the only system in town".

It makes me wish someone like Bezos, Musk, or hell "The Hub" make their own competitor. Yeah, yeah it would be shit for its own reasons sure enough but competition that is strong enough to start making users look the other direction will cause the heads at the front of the platform to switch gears and actually care about its creators more than its advertisers. They might actually hire more employees and change the batshit built in copyright system as well. Bring back the good days of YT when it was not the only platform of relevance online. Actually have it be run by people, not machines and actually care for its creators again. The only way that will happen if there is a good enough competitor out there that people can choose to abandon one for the other. This is the only way they will have a fire lit under their arse enough to change their view on things..
Musk? After all his broken promises and lies, and the failure of SolarCity? Yeah, no, I wouldn't trust him to tell me what colour the sky is. He's no better than Elizabeth Holmes or Trevor Milton - except he's managed to avoid any real consequences as of yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night