DonLeon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hello guys
Do you know about the incident in my country?
recently there was a Movie (Fitna) that make my country in CHAOS T_T

Because of that movie the government take a stupid and meaningless action. I think the government didn't graduate from the university eh? they bribe the rector maybe?

They blocked Youtube !!!!
mad.gif

Their reason was Youtube hosted Fitna video .

I think there weren't any mistakes in that Film. I think that film said the truth

Do you agree about this action?

oh yeah they didn't block youtube only but rapidshare,multiply,metacafe and myspace too

Almos all of Indonesian didn't agree bout this action
My Government is SUCKzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
F*ck them all !!!!!!!!

sorry my grammar is badddd

fischju

Rehabilitated Jaywalker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They actually broke youtube everywhere, and the site was down for hours.

(In Indonesia, youtube rick rolls you! .....wait...)

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, I read about that in the papers. That's just plain stupid. Your government sucks.

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know about it. Geert Wilders the Director of the "movie" (it's 15min. and looks more like a very nice presentation) is dutch. Wilders has some views about things like imigrants and beliefs of people. In the Fitna movie he looks for quranic motivations for terrorism, islamic around the world, and Islam in the Netherlands. Long story short: he doesnt like the belief and rather see it gone. This ofcrouse leads to much controversy in the netherlands and in other countrys like yours
tongue.gif
He has been threatend with death and is always under survialence and shit, so it's kinda sad to see freedom of speech going out of the windom. On the other hand he doesnt show much respect to muslim people, who ofcourse in majority are good people.

The debate he has started is still going stron in the netherlands and apparently around the world
wink.gif

Edit:

btw this is where all the fuzz is about :S : http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=216_1207467783

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
There are idiots who blindly follow Islam, and then there are wise Islamic scholars who are wise and follow Islam for the right reasons. In the name of Allah who is the most gracious and merciful. Punishing these kinds of anti-religious people as humans is a sin in it self. This shows how fucking ignorant westerners are and how they judge some one without even knowing them. However, what Indonesia did was also wrong in its own right.

L

Lyuse

Westside said:
There are idiots who blindly follow Islam, and then there are wise Islamic scholars who are wise and follow Islam for the right reasons. In the name of Allah who is the most gracious and merciful. Punishing these kinds of anti-religious people as humans is a sin in it self. This shows how fucking ignorant westerners are and how they judge some one without even knowing them. However, what Indonesia did was also wrong in its own right.

That "clip" only has one good muslim in it the rest of them are lunatics who go around killing people for no reason

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:

With this post you did exactly the same thing
wink.gif

1) they judge some one without even knowing them

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
laminaatplaat said:
Westside said:

wink.gif

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Westside said:
laminaatplaat said:
Westside said:

wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Westside said:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Why would this matter?
Dunno, I was just interested.

EDIT:
QUOTE(laminaatplaat @ Apr 9 2008, 06:27 PM) Not that I'm blaming the media but sometimes it's hard to see things in perspective.
Why not blame the media? They suck.

Yeah, okay, all the knowledge is out there for anyone willing to inform themselves, and if someone is ignorant it's his or her own fault, but I believe the media is biased (doesn't matter which way), and are deliberately misleading. Either to back up their biased claims, or to create artificial scandals to boost ratings.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heh...I love how every forum thread on the internet turns into America bashing.

How stupid...The Muslims and Jewish are suicide bombing each other over religion (oh BTW they are killing innocent people when they do this), but the west is ignorant?

laminaatplaat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
veho said:
Westside said:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Why would this matter?
Dunno, I was just interested.

EDIT:
QUOTE(laminaatplaat @ Apr 9 2008, 06:27 PM) Not that I'm blaming the media but sometimes it's hard to see things in perspective.
Why not blame the media? They suck.

Yeah, okay, all the knowledge is out there for anyone willing to inform themselves, and if someone is ignorant it's his or her own fault, but I believe the media is biased (doesn't matter which way), and are deliberately misleading. Either to back up their biased claims, or to create artificial scandals to boost ratings.

maybe the media in Croatia but some newspapers like the NRC in the Nehterlands is good and ofcrouse the Public Broadcasting (we've got 3 of those channels) that are supposed to be as unbiased as they can be. That is different broadcasting groups show programs on does channels from different perspectives.(like christian, atheist, young people, etc etc) And alot of programs on those channels are indeed good. Ofcourse there is alot of shouvleware shit that is shouting things that could be less true. And the only way to form a solid opinion about something is to hear other peoples point of view anyway!

Westside

Sogdiana
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Bob Loblaw said:
Heh...I love how every forum thread on the internet turns into America bashing.

How stupid...The Muslims and Jewish are suicide bombing each other over religion (oh BTW they are killing innocent people when they do this), but the west is ignorant?
Yes, and the one who said Muslim and Jewish are suicide bombing each other over religion. So who come they are alive if all of them are like this? What I'm saying is that Westerners are ignorant because so far all western non-muslims I've met thinks that all muslims are like that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: