YouTube Dislikes brought back to YouTube Vanced

Tsukiru

Over the Eden
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's now how it works though? They always said it would just not be visible, but creators could see it. Which means it's purely just a visual thing, not "as hard as they could."

If you believe their word (you shouldn't) it was to limit the impact of dislike spams, and some actual creators have talks about its kind of freeing. The reasoning doesn't matter, because in the grand scheme of things, dislikes don't matter. They're more engagement for YouTube. I wouldn't treat this as some massive own.

If someone was actually hurt, you'd think they would do a bit more. Considering they're, y'know, YouTube.

Reactions: Takokeshi

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Google tried to hide dislikes hard as they could, but now we can see them again with an extension when on Desktop and Vanced on Android.

Those dislikes must have hurt someone's feelings pretty badly for Google to do this. lol
Not someone, it was a play for corporate entities.

I mean seriously, when AD revenue is the biggest reason why Google puts its effort into Youtube in any way, when you see Ads, or trailers, or someone trying to push a product in a half assed way. The people always had the ability to downvote them into oblivion to show their distaste for it and even rally against it. It could have been used even as a form of protest. (An example is when people downvoted all Bethesda games on Steam because of the heavy censoring of the reviews of 76 on the main Bethesda launcher) When you take that power away from the people however they no longer have a voice to rally against something that is actually bad.

Its all about playing into corporate demands. I am sure if they could they would ban comments next.

Propaschinsk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, youtube allows each account to hide the number of dislikes, likes, and views, and I think this is a great way to stop bullying, especially for beginners. On top of that, there are apps like famoid.com that can help you get more views or likes, especially real ones that won't appear as fake accounts. I believe this I the best way to start, and it will give you a boost. On top of that, we all know to appear in youtube recommendations, you need a certain number of views and a certain percentage of activity on your profile.

Last edited by Propaschinsk,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse