Gaming Youtube channel on SD card causing it to freeze.

ctkxtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I found out just now that Wii had a youtube channel available to download, so I figured I'd get it for my nieces to watch on there. I didn't have enough space on my Wii, so I downloaded it on my SD card. Now when I try to go to the channel selection where it is, the Wii freezes. It won't even let me try to delete it in Management. Since it's on the SD card, is there another way I can remove it?

worm28

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can do it with wiimod lite. Start wiimod lite and go to any title manager from there you can delete it

Leo Alves

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just go to data management > Wii > Channels > Click on the tab ''SD Card'' and delete it

Or put your SD Card on your computer and delete this folder:
SD:/Private/Wii/Title/HCXE

Then try to download again

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Are you sure that the Youtube channel is to blame for this? It could also be that you have Bannerbomb on your SD card, that could make it freeze. Check for the folder \private\wii\title\aktn\ on the SD card and delete it if it is present. Then try again.

ctkxtreme

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
....Wow, I feel stupid for not posting about my results, let alone over a year later. I decided to try again so I can figure out what is the reason for the freezing. From my knowledge, I uninstalled the Youtube app, but it's still freezing. This time, I recorded where it starts to freeze. I got WiiMod Lite so I could record what I have installed.

Again, I apologize for reviving a dead thread, I just wanted to make sure I can fix it this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good morning