YouTube celebrity "Etika" found dead after concerning YouTube video post

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Is there no customization option to remove single "things" from the front page? I don't want to get rid of the entire news thing, but I know that some forums have deep customization options, and I thought I'd ask. When the lead singer of Frightened Rabbit died, I was devastated, and that still affects me when I think about it. I don't want to read about it, so I'm hoping there are customization options. I looked in the options and only found things that would allow me to limit it to the "3 most recent new stories", but maybe there's another way? Thank you, by the way.

Last edited by Josshy0125, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Bros.Life

Bros.Life GBAtemp Regular

Apr 12, 2015
    Brazil
    Damn it! This is sad. Did not know the guy but I feel as bad as same.

People are really complicated. Actually, that's normal for human begins. There is a very famous Youtuber in my country, Brazil ,who has millions of subscribers and recently he claims he got depression. I quite don't understand why a person like him got this kind of disease. But definitely happiness is something very subjective.

I hope he may rest in peace.

3. cots
    This message by cots has been removed from public view by Minox, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Flame bait.
    Jun 26, 2019
  4. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Minox, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Response to deleted post.
    Jun 26, 2019
  5. IHOP

IHOP GBAtemp Regular

Jul 11, 2018
    United States
    Damn this is upsetting. Can't believe people would argue in the comments and make this about them. Really disrespectful guys.

Wherever he is right now, I hope he's resting easy.

6. banjo2

banjo2 little man

May 31, 2016
    United States
    gamer armchair
    A bulletin board isn't social media?

7. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

Feb 17, 2015
    New Zealand
    On your lap.
    Etika loved Minecraft.

8. cots
    This message by cots has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 26, 2019
  9. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 26, 2019
  10. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Not in the general sense. Social media is a relatively new term that encompasses sites like FB or Tweeter. BBS have those outdated by 20 some years. A BBS could be used on a social media site, but having a BBS doesn't make your site a social media site.

Last edited by cots, Jun 26, 2019
  11. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Well, if he's not a celebrity, what is he?

12. astrodraco
    This message by astrodraco has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 26, 2019
  13. cots
    This message by cots has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 26, 2019
  14. Pipistrele
    This message by Pipistrele has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 26, 2019
  15. Josshy0125
    This message by Josshy0125 has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 26, 2019
  16. astrodraco
    This message by astrodraco has been removed from public view by Chary, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 26, 2019
  17. Josshy0125
    Jun 26, 2019
  18. cots
    This message by cots has been removed from public view by Minox, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Bickering.
    Jun 26, 2019
  19. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    joycon boyz for life rip my nigga

BlackWizzard17 likes this.
  20. MagnesG

MagnesG GBAtemp Lurker

Sep 11, 2016
    United States
    Will miss his reaction videos, will also miss him chilling out on stream, entertaining the chats with random stuff.

He kept saying sorry in his last video. What a goddamn sad day. RIP though Etika ma boi.

21. Andalitez

Andalitez GBAtemp Fan

Jul 2, 2018
    France
    Final Space
    I think the first time I saw a video of his was when I was googling the tinfoil RCM method

Last edited by Andalitez, Jun 26, 2019
  22. SSG Vegeta

SSG Vegeta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 25, 2013
    United States
    I didn't know Etika personally but he some awesome videos & as a matter of fact if it wasn't for him I wouldn't know about game imports. He was always making me laugh rip Etika

23. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    I've been super sad about this all day. When I found out, I cried for a solid few hours and couldn't stop. After I finally stopped, I just entered a state of being a sad sack of shit, and I'm still in that state. I just wish I could have met him IRL and gotten to know him more personally, but location was a huge issue.
    Rest in peace Desmond Daniel Amofah. Your journey has been, as you would say, a damn good one.

24. grey72

grey72 #72

Jul 5, 2018
    Antarctica
    About Here-ish
    From what I can recall there's a very good chance that etika was being manipulated/brainwashed by a cult called "the Venus project". Dunno if they ended up pushing him over the edge or something, but he definitely didn't deserve to end up like this. RIP.

25. sks316

sks316 Professional Shitposter (also I help sometimes)

Nov 28, 2013
    United States
    Windows XP background
    From what I remember, the Venus Project theory was confirmed false.

grey72 likes this.
  26. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    What? Get out of here with those conspiracy theories. That's super disrespectful. Dude literally had a history of mental illness.

27. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot A Nintendo DSi-madman (and yet he doesn’t code)

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    I honestly feel more bad for Desmond's family members and friends than Desmond himself. If he had serious mental health issues, why didn't he find actual help? Remember, this was the third time in a row, the 2nd time and the 3rd time weren't thay close off.

28. grey72

grey72 #72

Jul 5, 2018
    Antarctica
    About Here-ish
    I wasn't aware of that, neither did I mean any disrespect. Sorry

29. Iamapirate

Iamapirate GBAtemp Regular

Sep 1, 2013
    This is really upsetting to me. I found Etika when looking for 3DS hacking scene videos in 2013 or 2014, and I've followed him ever since. A relatable, exuberant guy, and really down to earth. I know his shenanigans in the last few months were unpalatable for the most part, but the dude was really a good guy. You can see his moment of clarity in his last video, and that is what makes it sad most of all.

I'd like to thank him and his followers for all the years of entertainment and community. I'd like to thank GBATemp, because without this forum and the hacking scene, I never would have learned about Gateway and I never would have found Etika.

If you're depressed or even suicidal, just know that there are people that care about you and things can always get better.

30. Trash_Bandatcoot

Trash_Bandatcoot A Nintendo DSi-madman (and yet he doesn’t code)

Jul 14, 2018
    Netherlands
    And about that, same. This first wave is now done (server drama and hot news). Now comes wave 2: Etika's young and obnoxious fans doing shit and Youtubers that will make video after video after video that WON'T GET OUT of my recommended.

31. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Fan

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Under Government Suppression
    I'd like to encourage all of you to lend a hand to anyone you think is in need of emotional support.
    For depression patients, a simple SMS or even a missed call would make a huge difference in their day.

Please do whatever minute effort you could spare as it's a whole lot for them.
    My deepest condolences for Desmond's family, friends, followers and anybody who'd given a thought about him.