YouTube celebrity "Etika" found dead after concerning YouTube video post

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Jun 25, 2019.

1. drenal

drenal Angel City Hustler

Sep 25, 2016
    United States
    Walking on the sun
    -snip-

From what I've heard all the comments online and memes about him were getting to him

2. wownmnpare

wownmnpare GBAtemp Fan

Jan 9, 2014
    United States
    RIP joycon boyz. He's a nintendo fan also promote hacking and homebrews.

3. Jonhy

Jonhy GBAtemp Regular

May 22, 2016
    United States
    Such sad news. RIP

Yup, honestly so sad that Etika didnt get to go headfirst into the hacking scene. He was so hyped and had a 1.0.0 system too and was so ready for all of it.

Sad to see it.

Last edited by Jonhy, Jun 26, 2019
  4. codezer0

codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

Jul 14, 2009
    United States
    The Magic School Bus
    The sad thing is, this news has such material to make a crack about how "NYPD didn't care" or "Nintendo job", but... I can't do it. I never even heard of the guy, but from what I'm reading of those that claim to, this was someone I wish I knew, and this news probably would have hit me worse if it did.

My condolences to his loved ones and close friends. I can't imagine the pain they must feel right now.

5. SexySpai

SexySpai xdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

Jun 16, 2018
    United States
    your mom lol
    Well, the thread name is "youtube celebrity etika found dead" so I guess he is

6. stitchxd
    This message by stitchxd has been removed from public view by Minox, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: Offtopic.
    Jun 26, 2019
  7. IcedOutBart

IcedOutBart Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 7, 2016
    United States
    Pittsburgh, PA
    to me GBATemp is like that giant family that always squabble over everything.....but im glad i can come to this website and post every now and than to see how some of you guys are doing

8. AiP24

AiP24 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2019
    United States
    Wow, so sad. Rest in peace

9. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    This is unbelievable. Man I loved his raw interactions and passion for his community. Always wanted to meet with him in NYC. Thoughts and prayers to his family and close ones, Rest Easy.

10. hybrid -x1

hybrid -x1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2009
    United States
    followed this man since 2013. what a shitty turn of events.
    I hope his mom gets through this entire ordeal considering this is the second son she lost and it was to suicide (for both of em)

11. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Yes, I really thought he was going to show up any minute, quite shocked he really went through with it, may he rest in peace.

12. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Psycho!

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Planet Earth
    I totally don't feel sorry for him, you cannot help someone who doesn't want to be helped. He took his own life and I will never feel sorry for someone who does that, I think is so selfish taking that way out... not caring about how your family your friends and in this case, your fans are going to deal with you doing this. I truly feel for the family and his friends, I can only imagine how horrible this must feel for them.

Hope this sends a message to all of those new youtubers out there... being a public person is not easy, many people cant handle it, specially with platforms like YouTube or any other social media network... Internet is a pretty new thing people, there is just not enough data or statistics about how the virtual life affects or mental health...

Love you all, if you think you're going thru depression or something like that please seek for help, reach out THERE IS ALWAYS a way out other than taking your own life, nothing can be that bad that can make you feel like you need to terminate your existence.

Trash_Bandatcoot likes this.
  13. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Is there a way to for me to remove this from my own personal view from the front page? I dont mean to sound disrespectful, I'm just a really empathetic/emotional person and reading this kind of thing really brings me down and makes me anxious.

Trash_Bandatcoot likes this.
  14. Mike_77712

Mike_77712 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 7, 2016
    United States
    After all the times he cried wolf, I have no sympathy for him. Pity his family has to deal with this though.

15. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    I've never heard of the guy as I don't consider someone on YouTube a celebrity, but jumping off a bridge probably wasn't the most wise decision. Condolences to his real friends and family.

16. LucasM3

LucasM3 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 22, 2019
    Canada
    Sad to hear. May he rest in piece.

17. 7ank0v1c

7ank0v1c Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2018
    United Kingdom
    England
    This is so sad man, I just wish he truly had help. Please guys if any of you struggle with depression or suicidal thoughts, please seek help. Its okay to admit a need for help...

spiderman1216 likes this.
  18. spiderman1216

spiderman1216 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 4, 2016
    Canada
    Ok I think we need to talk about mental health. I myself suffer from some mental illnesses I'm not an expert though but I will say it's not as simple as taking it seriously.
    I believe the way we deal with mental health is incredibly shallow as a society. Mental Illness is a societal problem as well as an individual one. Sometimes people who are mentally ill don't get the help they really need even though they seek it, and the help they find just isn't enough.

Now I agree with the overall of your message and I'm not blaming you or anything it's just that someone like me that does struggle with these issues it's not so much as they aren't taking seriously it's just that the help there sometimes isn't enough and suppression which some help boils down to isn't enough and people in the end just want it to end and they take their lives.

Last edited by spiderman1216, Jun 26, 2019
  19. cots

cots GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 29, 2014
    United States
    Then why did you read and then comment on it? I suggest reading on how to properly deal with negative emotions and until you can limit yourself to exposure, but don't count on others to support negative actions like censorship.

20. Josshy0125

Josshy0125 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 16, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Don't take offense. I said nothing wrong. I'm easily affected by deaths. it's sad, and it affects me to read. I'm not asking them to remove it, that wouldn't be my place. I'm just asking what can ***I*** do to remove it from MY view on the front page, if anything. I know forums often have customization options. What I asked is COMPLETELY okay, and there was nothing wrong with asking it. The fact that you're getting offended by what I said is immature and silly.

Last edited by Josshy0125, Jun 26, 2019
    spiderman1216 likes this.
  21. MyLegGuy

MyLegGuy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 26, 2014
    United States
    You could use an ad blocker like uBlock Origin to hide the front page news column.

Edit: And also change the recent content column to something like blogs so recent posts from this thread don't show up.

Last edited by MyLegGuy, Jun 26, 2019
    Josshy0125 likes this.
  22. cots
    This message by cots has been removed from public view by Minox, Jun 26, 2019, Reason: This is neither the time or place to argue this.
    Jun 26, 2019
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted