YouTube celebrity "Etika" found dead after concerning YouTube video post

9Zs3n1G.png

Desmond Amofah, more commonly known to many as the YouTube personality Etika has been found dead, after going missing six days ago. Concerns rose when the man uploaded a video to his YouTube channel where he talked about depression and suicide. Yesterday, it was confirmed that Etika's belongings were found laying along the edge of a bridge in Manhattan. A police investigation was opened, which resulted in the authorities pulling a deceased male from a nearby river. The New York Police Department then later confirmed that the body did in fact belong to Desmond Amofah. The YouTuber showed previous signs of distress, as when he entirely deleted his YouTube account earlier this year, to the shock of his massive online fanbase. Etika rose to YouTube fame by playing Nintendo games, having almost a million subscribers. He died at the young age of 29.

:arrow: Source

CharlesHoy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.co.uk
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I remember him from an old Achievement Hunter vid, went to watch his YouTube and it was like he was an entirely different person, as someone who believes there is something after passing away, I hope he is now happy

RedoLane

Supreme Punmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
My condolences to his family and close ones.
I've been there as well(ah don't worry, it was a long time ago!) and it pains me to see people who make great content just ending their own lives.
May he rest in peace.

D

Deleted User

He wanted the youtube channel gone though. I think it's disrespectful to go against his wishes.
Well... having in mind he was mentally ill... this will support his family wishes to remember him with his channel back on YT

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm very saddened to hear that it came to this. If anyone needs anything at all I'm just a message away. If you're dealing with depression, please get help. Reach out to me, a counselor, a friend, anyone. There are people that care about you. Some you may not even know.

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: LuigiXL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games