Gaming YouTube App for 3DS will be discontinued on September 03. 2019

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Nintendo Japan has announced the termination of the YouTube app for 3DS on September 3, 2019. The application will also be removed from the eShop on this date.

It is very likely that the announcement concerns all regions. Only in May we reported that the app does not work at all and crashes right at the start.

The mobile website for the New Nintendo 3DS, as well as the Wii-U and Switch versions are not affected.

https://wiidatabase.de/youtube-app-fuer-den-3ds-wird-am-03-september-2019-eingestellt/
(german)

Reactions: Lacius

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's worth downloading the app if you haven't already, since its memory requirements make it a useful target for the Homebrew Launcher under *hax.

Or at least, that might be the case if anyone had the slightest interest in *hax anymore. :P

CyberYoshi64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
cyberyoshi64.github.io
XP
Country
Germany
The 3DS version gets killed because any YouTube pages can quickly result in a crash.
It's almost impossible to watch a video with this app, breaking its purpose.
It crashed ever since YouTube changed their generic webpages, including CSS and JS, which the super outdated "browser" that is the YT app, cannot handle very well.

This is just a speculation and I guess I could be horribly wrong here.

EDIT: Actually, you could crash it before that change occured by tapping the Google logo. Either you got the Google search or garbage text and a crash afterwards.

Last edited by CyberYoshi64,

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
good riddance. Whoever uses a 3DS to watch youtube is a moron. I installed it to check it out ASA i got the 3DS and it kept crashing so i deleted it

Reactions: CyberYoshi64

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
good riddance. Whoever uses a 3DS to watch youtube is a moron. I installed it to check it out ASA i got the 3DS and it kept crashing so i deleted it

wel... too be fair... it works in mobile mode and you can set the unit down without any type of stand which is super nice

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: can troll SylverReZ the following day :)