YouTube 3DS homebrew? [PROOF-OF-CONCEPT]

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Shawn ShyGuy, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Shawn ShyGuy
    OP

Shawn ShyGuy GBAtemp Regular

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Hello GBATemp, today I come at you with the concept for a custom YouTube 3DS homepage and content. I've recently acquired the HTML of YouTube's 3DS mobile site (how-to below)
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    So anyway, then you can access the HTML, edit it, make a website on something like x10hosting, and even make it the default homepage via a proxy.
    So yeah, I'm personally going to work on a bit of a comments system, which would be cool, I suppose. I'm not too creative with this stuff, so that's why I'm giving you guys all this info, since I don't need it.
    ---
    Source code (downloads a .txt)

WhoAmI? likes this.
  2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    This is just one big clusterfuck of obfuscated javascript. Good luck to anyone trying to make sense of it :P

3. ShinkoNet

ShinkoNet Obsessed with Touhou

Dec 1, 2013
    You can easily get out of the Youtube page on the app via the sign-out bug, then just google search a website and it would show up. I don't see how this would be that useful, but instead, a quick bypass to signing out and waiting for pages to load?

Margen67 and cearp like this.
  4. Shawn ShyGuy
    OP

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    This is more for people to be able to make websites for the YouTube 3DS app that, you know, can play videos? I've noticed that most HTML5 video crashes the app, and the videos that don't just don't play. A website made specifically for YouTube on 3DS browser would be nice because it'd have the perks of an actual good streaming service, with the actual playback of YouTube.
    So yes, you can do the Google trick to go to other sites (by the way, I hate to advertise myself, but I don't, try this instead, it's a lot less convoluted) but actual playback is the purpose of this.
    Why do you think I left it to others to develop a site? :P

5. ShinkoNet

Dec 1, 2013
    Make sure that you have a non-updated version of the YouTube app, and find a site that uses MP4/3GP files, like mobile-supported sites.

Those videos do play. Any other format doesn't.

6. Shawn ShyGuy
    OP

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    There's an updated version...? If so, it looks like shit...
    Uh, I dunno bro, I haven't updated as far as I know, but I also haven't seen an update button anywhere (besides when the menu glitches and false informs you about an update)
    :S So I suppose I downloaded it after some sort of patch?

7. ShinkoNet

Dec 1, 2013
    The only updates for the youtube app are just stability stuff, which includes making it only play videos that are on Youtube itself. (as what I can see, don't quote me on this)

Uninstall the update via bigbluemenu etc, or put in another sd card and just reinstall it.

If you are connected to the internet, it should say that there are updates avaliable for the app. If so, congrats! Non-youtube videos work!

8. WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? PASTA's dirty animal

Mar 15, 2015
    Poké Ball
    HHmm. Just took a look at it and it's rather interesting... It even includes JavaScript for "inline_delayed_mobile_blazer_mobileplayer_nirvana_phone_mod" - I'm assuming it's using a video plugin for mobile phones...

http://s.ytimg.com/yts/jsbin/mobile-blazer-nirvana-phone-vflQ7KFMj/mobileplayer_nirvana_phone.js

Cant be bothered to take much of a look at it tbh. Perhaps I'll take a look at it some time in the late future. I'm pretty good at web design and I know my stuff, but it just doesn't interest me much, at the moment.

9. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    So where's homebrew come into play? or is this another purposely mistitled thread to get views?

Also lol @ thread

10. Technicmaster0

Technicmaster0 GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 22, 2011
    Gambia, The
    Threadviews don't give anyone a gain at GBATemp. He probably didn't know it better.

11. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    Yeah but it still happens. We had a thread locked the other day cause the dude said he mistitled it to get people excited about an idea he had. purposefully mistitling threads for click bait is a growing thing here.

12. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    What exactly is this? I put it on my website and on it on my 3DS atm, just getting a continuous loading with Youtube stuff. Also when I click on the Icon I can see your username and email.

13. Shawn ShyGuy
    OP

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Could you be more specific?
    1. what is your website?
    2. is it mobile-formatted?
    3. the loading gif sometimes doesnt go away, but the site should fully load.
    4. what icon?

14. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    My website is just a personal one where I just experiment with HTML and stuff, it's with one.com so it somehow mobile formats, and the icon that phone layouts have (3 lines) it shows your details.
    Anyways I guess its useless to a person that knows nothing like me xD Good luck with whatever this is though.

15. Shawn ShyGuy
    OP

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Okay, so let me get this straight... you mean this by the 3 line button right?
    [​IMG]
    That's interesting... assuming it's a sitebuilder, one.com, I think YouTube isn't so sure how to load such a large page, and so the animation might seem to play infinitely.
    If you could give me your URL, that'd be great, I'd like to mess with some stuff.

16. EpicInki

EpicInki GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2015
    Blackpool
    The Website Menu, yeah. All I really did was paste the html code onto a .html file in my file manager but here: 3ds.epicinki.com

17. Shawn ShyGuy
    OP

Aug 8, 2014
    United States
    Massachusetts
    Well, one error might be I can't get it to load when I click the link :P