FAST6191

Techromancer
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most modern web browsers have got onboard with the idea that new tabs can be shortcuts to various sites. Variously they can be the most popular, they can be premade tabs for whatever sites you want or they can be something else entirely.

If you fancy sharing then here is a thread where the subject is just that.
Most of the time I use the "awesome bar" to go wherever I need to go. This works great with sites that have useful urls as well but occasionally I do like to type in random strings to see whatever youtube video pops up.

For the most part I let mine float with whatever but I do have a GBAtemp new threads ( http://gbatemp.net/find-new/threads?recent=1 ) and my router (mainly a holdover from when the cabinet down the end of the road saw engineers there every other day). Whatever else is there tends to be whatever news, site or other such thing I am finding most amusing at the moment (or more likely found amusing, rinsed the entire site for content and now ignore until it builds up a back catalogue).

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
always found the feature useless. So I have nothing set on mine since i've always ignored it.

Of course I save my tabs so I don't re-open things like GBAtemp daily. Its always up 24/7, same with dozens of other tabs I use.

Reactions: calmwaters

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't this what the bookmark system is for? Granted, it's pretty awful on IE (which nobody uses anyway), but it's still nice. I have websites/pages in my bookmarks section that would be a pain to open when I clicked on a new tab. And, if it wasn't the webpage I wanted to go to in the first place, I'd still have to pick the bookmark linking to that site.

D

Deleted-236924

Granted, it's pretty awful on IE (which nobody uses anyway)

While IE's usage share has been steadily going down, there is still 11.8% of web users using IE.
Surprised it went down that low, tbh. I thought it was still at least 30% of people using IE.

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hmmm, I didn't have much use of the bookmark in browsers. I only check a few forums, few webcomics, a dozen anime fansub groups and a few blogs. For blogs, webcomics and anime fansub releases I use feedly to get news of new releases. I also use AMR extension for chrome to keep track of manga scanlations release. I don't have much to do in the internet so those are the only stuff I mostly do online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, atleast it's still avaliable
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yes but it wasn't meant to be a comedy thread
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and edge of the forum is mostly comedy and games
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so I don't get why it got moved at all
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @LeoTCK, mods are probably hating you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    on most sites mods hated me, sooner or later, but usually over time I get either banned or the mods get used to me
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but yea...its either they come to respect me or outright hate me
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If it's not game related, it will be moved to the Egde of the forum. Mods have moved a few of my threads also.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it was in the off topic chat forum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Well atleast they didn't delete it completely.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    hmm
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    uoiea
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    huh?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Aeiou backwards
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    ?tuw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yltcaxE
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ¡¡¡ tttoN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ssssey ioBtneicnA@
    +1
    :angry: ¡¡¡¡¡ oooooooooooooooooooooooN
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ?draeh ton uoy evaH
    Gives you "The 🖕 BIRD" :tpi::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    :2lfor::2lfor::2lfor::ipt: "DRIB 🖕ehT" uoy seviG. *
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Atmosphere and Hekate both have been updated to support FW 18. Yay!