• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Your view on political correctness

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm out here trying to gauge people's views on political correctness, not so much that but people's ability to be offended by everything and anything and the companies lack of a spine and their prerogative to bend to any persons complaint.

We had that whole issue with h&m creating a cheeky money shirt a month or 2 back and then hiring a black model to advertise this product and the uproar surrounding it and there are countless other examples like it.

Do you think SJW's have gone to far

Reactions: CallmeBerto

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SJW don't really piss on politics, and this is a gaming forum, we don't want politics here.
Apart from I'm not talking about politics I'm talking about a term coined as political correctness. Also why this thread is general discussions and not the 3ds forum

Last edited by yusuo,
Reactions: Subtle Demise

CallmeBerto

The Lone Wanderer
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
SJW don't really piss on politics, and this is a gaming forum, we don't want politics here.

We have a section for political dissuctions.

Anyways its BS created by snowflakes who are unable to handle criticism for their ideas.

Honestly it is sad that we live in a age where we are unable to have these conversations.

badboi789

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We had that whole issue with h&m creating a cheeky money shirt a month or 2 back and then hiring a black model to advertise this product and the uproar surrounding it
Maybe I just have a terrible memory, or maybe it was a hoax, but wasn’t it “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle”? Maybe I’m confusing it with something else. I dunno.

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This isn't the discussion, the discussion is about how people are vocally offended by anything they remotely disagree with.

Please take your trolling elsewhere
me trolling??! looking at your topic's title ''Your view on political correctness'', just asked a simple question and i'm accused for trolling, it's clearly a clickbait topic, everyone try to guess, who's REAL TROLL HERE?

Last edited by leon315,

yusuo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe I just have a terrible memory, or maybe it was a hoax, but wasn’t it “Coolest Monkey In The Jungle”? Maybe I’m confusing it with something else. I dunno.
You are correct yes, I misquoted the article but the question is still pertinent, I'm curious if people are justified in their thoughts or if society is too easily offended

Reactions: CallmeBerto

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Most political correctness is drummed up by people who use offence as currency to obtain power, I genuinely doubt half the "outrage" parties were anything other than opportunists trying to blackmail companies into hiring braindead idiots

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I don't really like political correctness, because it damages, as @matthi321 said, videogames.

Also because humor is narrowed down to politically correct humor, and you're less able to use sarcasm and irony, because some fuckhead ultra-left feminist will call you racist/anti-semitic.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Swearing and being an insulting prick?
Damned if you do.
Damned if you don't.
I think it is fucking funny so damned if I won't. Bonus points if the person you are engaging with loses the plot.

That said
The stuff I met in the 90s UK, which was basically fantasy Victorian stuff like some in the US idolise fantasy 1950s, could have got somewhere as a thing you could use as a polite conversation framework.
Most of what I have met since, with US colleges/universities being the hotbed, I care very little for. Someone once described it as a points scoring game which is so very fitting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all