Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For me...

10. LoZ: Phantom Hourglass: Crappy storyline but pretty nice gameplay. If this was a deeper storyline with the non-Wind Waker Link, it'd skyrocket to like 2
9. Star Fox Command: A definate departure from the original games, but a decent flight action game
8. Club House Games: I'm just a card game freak. I can play Blackjack all night long, not to mention Spit, President, Poker...
7. Jump! Ultimate Stars: Despite my strong hatred for anime, a great fighting game. Why can't we have SSBDS?
6. N+: Awesome platformer, plain and simple. And for only 8 MB, too.
5. Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow: I was never a big Castlevania guy, but this is pretty good.
4. Super Mario 64 DS: Hell, I like this better than the N64 version. And it has Wario. I LOVE WARIO!
3. Mario Kart DS: One of very few good racers for the DS
2. New Super Mario Bros.: While it's definately dumbed down from its older versions, it's still classic Mario.
1. Pokemon Platinum: I've wasted literally days of my life to this game. It's incredibly fun and addicting.

Close cuts: TWEWY (I think it's a good RPG, but incredibly overrated), Sonic Rush (classic Sonic style, but edged out by others), Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon (a good SRPG, but I'm not a big SRPG fan).

So, what about you.

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Usually I hate these threads since they pop up every 10 minutes, but I am so bored that I can't help but contribute.
I don't feel like putting mine in order since some of them are very close.

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords
This game was awesome. I love the initial puzzle mechanics to death, and there was just so much to do. I probably put at least 70 hours into this guy.

Peggle DS
Needs no explanation.

Mario Kart DS
My first DS game, and I still play it occasionally. That alone should say something about the game.

Tetris DS
Probably one of the only games that I actually excelled at online. I remember getting my rating up to 7000 at one point, just to get beaten by some chump at 3800 and then going down 400 points. Good times.

GTA China Town Wars
Needs no explanation.

Bangai-O Spirits
Fucking awesome shooter. I had no idea what I was getting into when I downloaded (and later bought) this game. I still haven't finished some of the levels, but god damn what an addictive game.

Worms Open Warefare 2
Best worms game.

DQV
Awesome.

Because I'm too lazy for the descriptions...
Henry Hatsworth and Pokemon Diamond.

jackdanielchan

Trophies
XP
Country
1. The World Ends With You (Original gameplay, Square Enix storyline, different personality hero, what can go wrong?)
2. Kingdom Hearts:358/2 (Kingdom Hearts only on DS, Awesome game, second only because it's in Japanese)
3. Elite Beat Agents (Radically different, but highly enjoyable rythm game)
4. Ouendan 2! (Same as Elite Beat Agents except in Japanese, if there was an English Dub it would have been third)
5. Ouendan (Same as the two above)
6. Sonic Rush (Classic Sonic, except with revamped graphics, new gimicks and gameplay)
7. New Super Mario Bros. (Classic Mario, except a bit easy, nothing to lose for not changing what's not broken)
8. Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (Original point and click adventure, love the art style)
9. Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations ((Unrealistic) Law, on DS, entertaining humour, best quote ever... OBJECTION!!!) http://objection.com
10. GTA: Chinatown Wars (GTA on DS what's more to say...)

WalterCool

Trophies
Website
www.slash.cl
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Thats my top10 (+10 really) games
wink.gif

10b - Tetris DS
Sorry, is in the same level as 10..., is Ok for friends, alone game or WFC =) I like a lot BGM and animations on this game.

10.- Big Brain Academy/Brain Training.
4MB and 12MB and works when your mind is sleepy on the morning

9.- Worms Open Warfare2.
I dont like play a lot... im a worms 1 player... 2 was fun, armaggedon was fun, world party was ok, 3d was WOW... Open Warfare was... the same. But i have some friends with this game and is fun play with them.

8.- GTA Chinatown Wars.
I play a lot this game, but is not too fun for me, because is too monotone.

7.- New Super Mario Bros
If im really bored, sometimes help me.

6.- Mario Kart DS
Is fun play alone or with friends... is 6 because i hate online cheating.

5.- Simcity DS
Because i like Simcity saga... im a strategic gamer =)

4.- Civilization Revolution.
Because i like a lot Civ1, 2, 3 and 4... Civ Rev DS is not a complete Civ game, but is fun!

3.- Ouendan 1,2.
Because the music is fine, its excitement and really fun, i like a lot rhythm games.

2.- Yu-Gi-Oh 5D 2009.
Because is fun, im a old Yu-Gi-Oh player, and playing on my ds is REALLY cheaper and portable. I dont realize a lot playing online, so, not probs.

1.- Pokémon Pearl/Platinum WITH Leaf Green and Emerald on GBA slot
Because is fun, i have hidden pkmns with my GBA games and you can do lot of things (underground, ribbons, trade... etc)

thebigboss14

Trophies
Website
thebigboss14.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
well here you have it:

1: Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum:
Great RPG, its really addictive and you get too anxious to catch 'em all.

2.Super Mario 64 DS:
It was my first game on N64 I could not miss this version, because of its lots of adventure. New characters and new things awesome.

3.New Super Mario Bros:
A classic that I had on my SNES and my first game on the DS, real good gameplay and new features.

4.Zelda: Phantom Hourglass:
I didn't like the storyline so much but all the movement with the stylus, powers & weapons made the gameplay incredible for a zelda in DS waiting for the new Spirit Tracks one.

5.GTA Chinatown Wars:
No explanation needed we know that GTA are the best games ever made & better that they are now in all the consoles.

6.Pokemon Ranger/ Shadows of Almia:
It was really fun to play and kind of fun.

7.Big Brain Academy/Brain Training:
They were really fun when I didnt have anything to do & could free my mid with them.

8.Mario Kart DS:
there is no car game compared to Mario kart to be more fun & better if you play it in multiplayer.

9. Mario Party DS:
This is a game you will love if you like multiplayer games, I used to play it a lot of times in N64 with all my friends is a really fun experience because of all its mini games.

10.Mario Hoops: 3 on 3:
I wont same is the best game but its really cool to play basketball at its way, I never imagine you could do many cool tricks & things like that on a DS game. It is a good game to play for some fun if you like sports & Mario together.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
1. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
2. Mario Hoops 3 on 3
3. Jump Ultimate Stars
4. Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure
5. Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
6. Pokemon Platinum
7. Summon Night: Twin Age
8. Mega Man Star Force Series
9. Mario Kart
10. MySims Racing

Yes, GTA:CW is not on my list.
nyanya.gif

zanxy

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
1. The Wolrd Ends With you ('cause i'm a big Square enix fan, gret story and use of touch screen,...)
2. Pokemon diamond/pearl/platinum (classic, i still have yellow and crystal with all of pokemons on it)
3. Mario Kart Ds (The hell, my first game on DS, still play it)
4. Elite Beat Agents (Well it has nice music and all, nice gameplay and nice storyline)
5. Megaman Starforce series (simply megaman)
6. Tetris DS (well it's old school game with some new features)
7. Bleach series (bleach anime fan, and great figthing style too)
8. Mario Party (Great game if you play it with friends)
9. Soma Bringer (great customization system and kinda good storyline)
10. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (gotta love jumping, and its well made)

jlf278

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let me just preface this by saying I don't have nearly enough time to play ds, so games like the world ends with you, kingdom hearts, lock's quest, gta, etc. are part of a huge stack of games I am trying to get around to playing. My 10 from best to worst:

New Super Mario Bros. - This was the reason I bought a DS Lites for my wife and I. I played my younger cousins' on the multiplayer mode and was instantly hooked. Of course, the single player mode by far the best part of the package. Amazing game, especially for those who grew up with a NES

Castlevania PoR - I think I've played every 2d castlevania and they never disappoint. Amazing game.

Castlevania DoS - A nice change of pace from the other Castlevania and another amazing game.

Advance Wars DS - Extremely fun, strategic, and lengthy. I loved the GBA Advance Wars, and this is even better. I was fairly disappointed by days of ruin...not sure why exactly. So this one takes the cake.

Professor Layton &TCV - An immense collection of puzzles and riddles. I'm currently playing this game and love the style and direction.

Mario Kart DS - Super Mario Kart for SNES is one of my all-time favorite games. This DS version adds the (imo annoying) drift mechanic but captures all the fun of the original.

Scrabble (earlier EU version) - Surprisingly, this is the game I've probably spent the most time playing. I've always loved scrabble, and this is a pretty well designed version with a good amount of extra modes.

YuGiOh 2008 WC - I really didn't expect to like this game, but I wanted to learn how to play YuGiOh since my cousins were, at the time, obsessed with it. I still can't believe how I much I spent playing it.

N+ - Platforming purity and way addictive. Difficulty is pretty high up there, setting it apart from most DS games.

Big Brain Academy - I liked all the brain age games, but this one my wife and I played a lot together. It has a great vs. mode.

Honorable Mentions: LoZelda PH, Rocket Slime, Princess Peach, Phoenix Wright, Worms 2, Personal Trainer: Cooking, Brain Age 1-2, Peggle, FF tactics A2, Chrono Trigger, Picross, Clubhouse Games, SimCity.

Top Ten GBA: Final fantasy Advance 4-6, Castlevanias x 3, Advance Wars 1&2, Metroids

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime Really awesome. With the fun zelda-esque adventure. The cute story. Smart game design. An d finally, the wacky but extremely fun tank battles. This game comes out top.

The Legendary Starfy - Amazing platformer, with even more amazing cute art
wub.gif

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time - Online coop is awesome

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings of Fate - Best story on DS, ever.

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars - Amazing debut of GTA on the DS. With the same amount of action, and with smart touchscreen inclusion

Rune Factory 2 - Adds on to the already amazing aspects of farming simulation and fantasy action RPG merged together. Even spawning 2 generations!

Yu-Gi-Oh! World Championship 2008 - Seriously, the best Yu-Gi-Oh game on DS. Better AI and gameplay than 2009

Pokémon Pearl - Its Pokémon, so its a solid RPG. Packed with fun.

Mario Kart DS - The game just turns out to be the best racer on the DS. With everything implemented very well.

Jump! Ultimate Stars Like Super Smash Bros. Only with an extremely wide library of Jump! Magazine manga characters instead. Impresive game.

Honourable mentions: Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, awesome game using the DS' abillities well to its fullest. Transformers : Revenge of the Fallen Really not bad at all. Age of Empires: Age of Mythologies, very solid strategy game, love it. Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon most enjoyable SRPG for me. Call of Duty - World at War Really nice, better than Moon etc. And wifi is fun. Oh and Pokemon Platinum: Enhanced Version, the hack makes the replay of Pearl justified

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In no order:
1. Phantom Hourglass - I love all LOZ games, and the new touch screen controls work very well.
2. The World Ends With You - Probally my favourite, loved the music, style, story and combat system.
3. Final Fantasy 4 - Never played the original, even though this was hard, I still enjoyed it.
4. New Super Mario Bros - First DS game, great fun.
5. Castlevania Order of Ecclesia - Good storyline, like the linear style.
6.N+ - Fun and easy on the go.
7. Chrono Trigger - Classic.
8. Final Fantasy Tactcis Advance 2 - Got me into stratgy games.
9. Pokemon Platinum - Similar, but the best.
10. Animal Crossing Wild World - Addicting, portable play on the go
GTA CW just misses out...

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not in any order except #1
smile.gif

1. Scribblenauts Who said they had to have come out yet?
smile.gif

2. GTA China Town Wars...
3. Pokemon Platinum FUN
4. The World Ends With You Fun game
5. Megaman Starforce 3 Same as tactics advanced
6. Final Fanasty Tactics Advanced Played the original so I figured what the heck, and tried it
smile.gif

7. Phantom Hourglass Slashing meh touch screen
8. The dsi sound channel Now my sd card has a home
wink.gif

9. Legend of starfy (originally called staffy)
10. Spectrobes beyond the portals What can I say? It's fun collecting spectrobes.
smile.gif

G

GentleFist

1. Phoenix Wright
2. Phantom Hourglass
3. Hotel Dusk
4. TWEWY
5. Pokemon (for me all editions are the same^^)
6. Time Hollow
7. Summon Knight
8. Mario 64 DS
9. Custom Robo Arena
10. DQMJ

Well the order might not be right and I might have missed out some games but I think these games are noteworthy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.