Your thoughts on the new item shop in TF2?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Wombo Combo, Oct 1, 2010.

Oct 1, 2010
  1. Wombo Combo
    OP

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Honestly I think it would be better not to release it. Sure maybe something to change the color of your hat or your name in game something along those lines but if you have a lot of cash you can get better gear basically pay to win.The only way to get the new hats in game (which is required to get a stat boost to have all the gear for one class) is to pay for it with cash and there is no way to craft them so you have to pay for items that do give you a boost in the game or wait 5 years to get all the hats in the very rare drop.

What are your opinions? I was really shocked that Valve did this would be the last company I would have thought to open a cash shop in game.

2. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Just reading up on the FAQ about that update [​IMG]
    Fuck i love TF2 and I'm getting a desktop cos my laptop cant play it just to play TF2 and well i need an upgrade..

and to answer the OP's complaint

3. Wombo Combo
    OP

Member Wombo Combo That Ain't Falco

United States
    Nope not true the hats only can be bought unless you want to wait years for that 1 in a million chance to get the hats dropped.

4. timmyisme22

Newcomer timmyisme22 Member

United States
    Which means that you can still get it all by just playing.

5. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    So far the items are fine. The complete set isn't a huge bonus.
    I nearly lit valve on fire when I saw the sniper set effect (can't be killed by headshots), until I saw the sniper rifle in the set can't get headshots.

By the sounds of it the items are still craftable, making the weapons easy to obtain, and the hats a pain...but nothing incredibly hard to get if you want it.

So far that is. Maplestory had a great item shop that didn't change anything, but they got greedy.
    But this is Valve we're talking about....Valve is awesome.

EDIT: Just found the new dagger. Fucking awesome. Out of every item that was the only one I actually wanted.

6. sstomouth

Banned sstomouth Banned

United States
    1. Join an idle server
    2. Leave computer on overnight
    3. ????
    4. PROFIT!

7. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    There's a drop limit at about 10 items a week so assuming you get all 9 drops during that night you're not getting anymore until the drop limit is reset on the next coming Wednesday.

8. Infinite Zero

Member Infinite Zero Almost!

United States
    How does the idle server work? I've been playing like forever and never tried it lol

9. Minox

Supervisor Minox Spytech Employee

Sweden
    Basically you just join an idle server and go do something else while you're idling in that server. During that time you will probably find a couple of random drops and that is what idling is - just sitting in a server waiting for a possible random drop.

However considering the drop limit per week you're pretty much better off just playing the game when you feel like it and get random drops that way.