Anime Fanclub

Your streaming service you use for anime

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Or you can pirate it, you're free to do it and face consequences if there are any. Even if it is not legal, piracy is not murder even though the propaganda clips included in old DVDs wanted to make you believe that.

That said forum rules should be followed.
I'm well aware that you can pirate it, i'm not ashamed at all of pirating stuff.
However, unlike jayro who laugh at my post, i'm not blinding myself saying it's not piracy.
Now that i can afford it, i'm pirating less and less. I only pirate tv series and movies not available on netflix and other streaming plateform im on, and hell i've subscribed to a lot of plateform
But i won't say it isn't piracy though

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I would use Funimation because I love their dubs and the anime they've got for streaming, and yet, their service sucks so hard that I always dupe myself into getting that free week trial, get pissed off at their website layout, and give up for 6 months only to forget and do it all again.

Like heck am I paying for crunchyroll's low quality, slower than fansub service, either.

Sony needs to get it together, bundle the two as a bigger streaming service, and make a tolerable video player. Maybe then I'd consider paying for anime.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would use Funimation because I love their dubs and the anime they've got for streaming, and yet, their service sucks so hard that I always dupe myself into getting that free week trial, get pissed off at their website layout, and give up for 6 months only to forget and do it all again.

Like heck am I paying for crunchyroll's low quality, slower than fansub service, either.

Sony needs to get it together, bundle the two as a bigger streaming service, and make a tolerable video player. Maybe then I'd consider paying for anime.
I've been trying to use the Crunchyroll app in an Apple TV device, and the shitty app keeps logging out and asking you to write your full password again each time, with the excuse of an onscreen keyboard and flimsy remote from the apple TV. It stopped being fun a long time ago.

They don't put any effort in the apps. Sure it would be better if Sony takes over the task and offers both services with a suitable interface that doesn't work like crap.

Noctosphere

Nova's Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been trying to use the Crunchyroll app in an Apple TV device, and the shitty app keeps logging out and asking you to write your full password again each time, with the excuse of an onscreen keyboard and flimsy remote from the apple TV. It stopped being fun a long time ago.

They don't put any effort in the apps. Sure it would be better if Sony takes over the task and offers both services with a suitable interface that doesn't work like crap.
I don't use the crunchy app for anime but i do use it for manga on android.
It does the same for me, keeps logging me out. However, with a touch screen, it bothers me less to reenter my password unlike you who must do it with a tv remote

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

The reason I refuse to go near Funimation is because of the horrible people they hire. If you're a fan of Dragon Ball, you probably know about Monica Rial, Sean Schemmel and others who are just terrible people. (Not saying all of them are bad people, just some that ruin it for the rest.)

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
The reason I refuse to go near Funimation is because of the horrible people they hire. If you're a fan of Dragon Ball, you probably know about Monica Rial, Sean Schemmel and others who are just terrible people. (Not saying all of them are bad people, just some that ruin it for the rest.)
Yeah, I can understand that. That was a pretty sketchy situation. Although I grew up in Houston going to anime cons, (and funimation's studio is right nearby) and was a major DBZ fan so I've seen panels and gotten stuff signed by those people. I have a fondness /am a bit of a fan girl for funimation voice actors.

Reactions: Tomato123

Glyptofane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been subscribed to Crunchyroll for several years. There's a decent number of legacy shows I'm still slowly watching through on there, but usually only one or two weeklies going on at any given time that I actually care about enough to keep up with. It's cheap enough to maintain for now as they still have me grandfathered in at the old price. I'm not incredibly satisfied with the service overall and will usually just pirate shows that aren't on either CR or Netflix. Netflix is abhorrent garbage, but they sometimes get good anime. It isn't really worth it just for that and I quit once before, but have it again now through some T-Mobile promotion. I do occasionally still buy the physical media for certain anime as well.

Last edited by Glyptofane,

SpazzyShinobi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I watch anime on Funimation, Netflix, and VRV. There tends to be a lot of overlap, but there are exclusives on each service. It's annoying.

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: