"Your saved data is corrupted" Message

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by mezziah, Aug 30, 2007.

Aug 30, 2007
  1. mezziah
    OP

Newcomer mezziah Newbie

United States
    Using an R4 + EZ Flash, utilizing the NDStation exploit to load GBA roms as .nds fles, I receive an error message shortly after starting the game. I get as far as the GBA flash intro screen, but right before the actual game loads, this message appears:

[​IMG] "Your saved data is corrupted" [​IMG]

I have tried removing the game + save and starting over, converting the GBA game once again via the NDStation onto the Micro SD card, only to have it reappear.

Am I doing something wrong? I've read and watched tutorials (e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gPJr25R7BE&NR=1 ) and nothing works.

[Edit]: This appears to be a game specific issue that I am experiencing (GBA rom of SMB3). I will find and try another to see, but so far two other games have played with no issues. Is the game just incompatible or do I simply have a bad copy? Any additional information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks-

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Same thing happens to me in SMB3, but I'm fairly sure there is a way to run it. And when since was NDStation an exploit [​IMG]

3. T-hug

Chief Editor T-hug Always like this.

pip
    United Kingdom
  4. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    Hmm I just tried but it doesn't work for me. Then again I probably did something wrong.

5. mezziah
    OP

Newcomer mezziah Newbie

United States
    Thanks for the heads up. But now that leads to another question:

How do I go about patching the game with lunarips, gbat, etc? Is there a tutorial that I can utilize to accomplish this?

Oh and you're right: NDStation ? exploit [​IMG]

6. mezziah
    OP

Newcomer mezziah Newbie

United States
    I am still having the same issue. I left it alone for a few months, tried alternate ROMS. Even after patching, I still receive the corrupt save message. Can anyone help with this?

7. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    Are you using the correct region ROM for the IPS patch?

8. mezziah
    OP

Newcomer mezziah Newbie

United States
    Yes, I am patching ROM # 1212, SMB Advance 4 with Lunar IPS. Perhaps I am doing something wrong. Could you explain the procedure for successfully completing this process in case I missed something along the way?

Region and ROM is US. Patch was received from URL: http://bubbz.pocketheaven.com/?system=gba&...o&patch_id=1050