Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SomeGuyGG said:
Todderbert said:
My first flash cart was the EZFA 256Mb, with the real time clock. I was impressed by the quality and ease of use and still use it today.

EZFA was da bomb. I was really impressed how easy it was to play games, and that they worked flawlessly. Ever since I bought that first EZFA I have modded every system I own in some way or another.

Currently I have an R4 for DS. Nothing will ever beat the EZFA though.
Those were the good ol days. Where the linker was the GBA's comm port.
ddltgy.jpg

Fluto

A potato in disguise
Trophies
XP
Country
first i was playing a wii game and then my family friend gave it to me as a bday present . im thinking its not going to work but it did i had crappy games but i didn't care about 3 weeks i got bored and searched up games and updates for it (first flash cart r4ds, 2nd acekard 2i) now im a acekard guy

.Darky

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
First got a R4 a year ago and I'm still using it. I'm sure I'll have to get a better flashcart in the future though.

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first was a DS-X. I was soooo amazed by it. I wish I could remember how I found out about flashcarts though. Anyway, I was amazed by the ability to play ROM's, yes, but what was really awesome was the built in LED lights right into the cart. Those things could get reallllly bright! and they danced to music! Come to think of it, that cart could play MP3's right off the firmware and to this day, very few carts do that. I still have the DS-X but it barley works and when it actually starts up, it freezes 5 minutes into a game. I later got an R4 which I was extremely happy with, then I got a Cyclo which I was also happy with and then I got an Acekard which for me is a downgrade from the Cyclo but I needed it for my DSi. I still love the ol DS-X though. I payed 130 bucks for that thing If I remember correctly.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
EDGE. My first DS flashcart.
I originally wanted a GBA flashcart (back in 2002), but I didn't know of anyway of obtaining one.
I got one for DS because I went to the Philippines for a month to visit family, then eventually got ripped off by buying the EDGE for about $70 CAD at some store.

manueld64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.how2xbox.com
XP
Country
United States
benjaminlibl said:
Well, my first ever flashcart was the EZ Flash 128 MB. It was pretty cool. You could have as many roms as you could fit and homebrew too if I remember correctly.

Haha, that was my first one too. My little brother lost it! >_< I then bought a EZFA II. Back in the days!

KeitaroBaka

Trophies
XP
Country
France
My first flashcard was the F2A Ultra 512 on GBA ! Really good cart ! Then M3 Perfect SD and finaly time to switch to slot1 : AK2

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
My reaction? Since it was the GBA Movie Player V2 CF, my reaction was "OMG, movies on a GBA!" I was simply amazed.

Okay, that wasn't really a flashcard (that wasn't a flashcard at all, to be exact). I had been drooling over GBA linkers before that, but I could never afford one.

Then came Chishm's custom firmware and FATlib, so I got a Passme to run homebrew. Then someone managed to run DS ROMs off the GBAMP. So I tried it. I finally had what amounted to a functional flashcard. Running Animal Crossing from it for the first time felt pretty good. Even with the long load times. The long long load times. And the corrupt saves. Or with the several initial attempts it took for the loader to actually create a save file on the card when running a game for the first time. Because sometimes it didn't. But I still loved it.

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
My first flashcart was a G6 lite. When someone gave me a gba micro, I transferred the G6 to the micro. I then started using a supercard one 3.0 and it sucked. I'm finally happy with a cyclods evolution.

eighty4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ifish said:
how can you sell a 20$ thingy for a 350$ thing
Well I sold my R4 and Cyclo with a 1GB for a combo price of 100. And then I sold my Zune untopuched for 150. Then I fixed some PSPs for 25 dollars each and eventually got the money.

GamerOnHere

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually just pretend they said "Second" because I hated it so much.
I was looking for an R4. I went to deal extreme, just like it said to do in an old youtube movie. The guy said it was $##.## (I forgot, and the movie was removed) and I found something that started with "R4" and was up for $8 (I think...). So I got the $8 one (after all, cheaper is better - right?).
When I got it, I loaded it up with the official firmware, and I was stuck at the loading screen. It was a present, so I pretended I loved it. 1 year later: I found the CycloDS and enjoyed it. Next year:
"Oh.. so I have an R4 SDHC... maybe this firmware will work.." - and it did.
Now I am much more intelligent.

kiwovo

Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
N-CARD... sucks ballz
but worked like a charm for long period of time..
i got ripped off buying it but then i ripped someone else and sold it same price
biggrin.gif

Matt140

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4->DSTT->DSTTi->SCDSi->M3i Zero + iPlayer (for GBA Emulation)

So many cards.. I still don't know why I got the DSTTi instead of the Acekard... probably because the website I got it from was selling it att £20 (what a rip off!)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1