Hacking Your reaction to your "FIRST" flashcart

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My first flash cart was the EZFA A.K.A. EZ Flash Advance not to be confused with EZflash line of carts.
It was an interesting one as I had to use a GBA to USB cable to burn data on the cart using the GBA itself.
Sadly support for it was dropped a little early as SD card style flash carts started to take the lead in hte flash cart market.
Which means that the software it uses won't run on newer Windows systems. I.E. Vista.
It also won't run EarthBound3(english patched) due to it being a kilobyte too big. >.<

I used to use it for DS games during the early DS on GBA cart days and never picked up DS games again after that untill I had my CycloDS and EZflash 5 carts.
I have an EZflash 3in1 (second model) gba cart too but I busted it trying to replace the battery.

kenio8185

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My first bunch (about 4 or 5) of flashcarts were ALL duds. Basically, they could only play roms for a few minutes before they froze. Some where supercarts and some were r4's. The guy I bought it from did refund me for all of them tho, so it wasn't that bad. Then he gave me an m3 simply, and it worked perfectly and I was very delighted. Went to all my friends and bragged. It was fun.

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was walking throught the market playin ma ds when some guy shouts hey u wid the ds

so i sed yeh and he teels me all bout this flash cart called edge

i was like ZOMG free games and bought it for like £10

then i lived with that till a few weeks ago and got an M3i0
still got my edge tho, never gave me any problems

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
danny600kill said:
I was walking throught the market playin ma ds when some guy shouts hey u wid the ds

so i sed yeh and he teels me all bout this flash cart called edge

i was like ZOMG free games and bought it for like £10

then i lived with that till a few weeks ago and got an M3i0
still got my edge tho, never gave me any problems

same here i got an edge then upgraded to a m3i when i purchased my DSI
yay.gif

MegaAce™

Steal back your future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
My first flashcart was/is my R4
biggrin.gif

And I'm not gonna buy another, because it works almost perfect.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Todderbert said:
My first flash cart was the EZFA 256Mb, with the real time clock. I was impressed by the quality and ease of use and still use it today.
Snap, mine's still flying too
smile.gif
My reaction: holy shit that was quick. 2 day delivery on the 29th of December? Nice.

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Game's N Music. Not really a flashcart though, but the idea of the SD slot led me to flashcarts with SD slots. Thank Datel for their crappy products and flashcart idea.

So 1st real flashcart was a fake r4. lul contradiction. But the fake R4 was still good (and my friends are still apparently using their fake R4's, not knowing it's fake).

bach3609

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
my first one was a r4i clone.When i first got it I was like "OMG OMG OMG WOOOOOOOTTTT =DDDDDD" and was jumping off the walls. Now i will just go with the ak2i and stick with it. I have a few other flashcarts too,like the m3i0, but i don't really use em as much as the ak2i.

rockstar99 said:
hey i just found my iplayer in my school bag:D

wait are you still using it? Or can i have it? =)

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
when i got my R4 (it was the best flashcart then)

i only thought free games..DS HEAVEN! lol

Excellentnuke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first one I used was my friend's TTDS. I'm not sure if it was real, but it worked fine. My original reaction was, "Awesome! I can play games for free!"

Now I've gotten passed that and am starting to look into homebrew for my M3i.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My first reaction was my brother's Supercard MiniSD, back before the R4 was ever conceived.
I thought it was cool that you could do that, but wasn't impressed by the long loading times it had.

Some time later I heard of the R4, I got it, and I was blown away. I had fun downloading games, but eventually I felt guilty about it and only downloaded the games I bought. Then I found out about dumping games and started dumping the games I bought.

And that's that.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
my first bootleg flashcart was a old gameboy 30 in one or god knows how much it had in it, it used to stick out of the gameboy
i remember also copying floppies from my amiga 500.

recent flash carts was the gba EZF advance II 256Mbit and then my first ds flashcart was a ninjapass X9 man those things were hyped.

man, these forums are slow.

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my first cart was a F2A cart for the GBA (think i used it in a GBA SP at the time) Cant remember the size of it but it used to hold maybe 10 GBA games at a time, no more than that. From there and onto the old phat DS i have an M3 something or other, with a big clunky pass me thing attached. Those were the days.

Now though with my DSi im using an acekard 2i and to be fair,its the best one ive had so far i think, coupled with an 8GB card. Incidently, has anyone yet tried a 16GB Micro SD with any of these?? Do they work? Im thinking of upgrading!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things