Homebrew Your opinion on changing region on your 3ds to access event Pokemon?

Ecko3351

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was over at another site which I will not name, but I got shit for changing my region on a soft modded 3ds to get other events not available in the US. Bascially my Pokemon are not "legit" for them. Hell I am buying different region codes on Reddit just to redeem these Japanese and pal Pokemon thanks to the Luma cfw. I just don't understand how cloning Pokemon and buying foreign 3ds is okay to these people that make these "legit" rules work.

What's your opinion?

D

Deleted User

I don't see any issues with it. The pokemon is legit, and it's no different than people having a Japanese 3DS to play games early or access Japan-only events for example. Sounds like the people over at that site are just salty.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They will not be legitimate if you go an an event and try to use a mon that does not belong to your region they will know since your country and sub region are tied to your OT and ID. For example it would be impossible for me to get an event shiny xerneas if my country did not have the event (the exception to this is Pokemon center and Movie events)

Thelostrune

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
They will not be legitimate if you go an an event and try to use a mon that does not belong to your region they will know since your country and sub region are tied to your OT and ID. For example it would be impossible for me to get an event shiny xerneas if my country did not have the event (the exception to this is Pokemon center and Movie events)

Aren't these tied to a pre-made OT/ID? If they aren't, well then

Ecko3351

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

What if I buy a Japanese 3ds? I will still be in the US getting Japanese events.

Last edited by Ecko3351,

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well, its shitty in that you're giving yourself an advantage in collecting these things, then again, theres a billion cloned events out there, and a billion more privately distributed event ones.
and all in all i just have to wonder, why do you care what they think? why is getting someone to approve of your methods so important?

shadowofdarkness

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My opinion in it is good you do the region changing, I don't find them legit if you just do region changing the way way via the likes of NTR or Luma's built in since they don't change all the hidden values like sub region and country that is imbedded in every Pokemon at capture. But if you do a full region changed emunand and have proper values set in the settings app then I find them legit. No matter how much I ask though the developers of the line of NTR etc don't care about those extra values since they just do enough for changing a games language.

Reactions: Lucky16

Astoria

Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Just don't tell them. Legality and legitimacy are two different things. If your Pokémon is legal, there's literally no way to tell if it's legit. Legal refers to valid and acceptable values of the Pokémon, legit refers to the way the Pokémon was obtained (with or without hacking tools).

Real.96

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You can change the language of the emunand. In this way your 3ds will be for example Japanese, you can get event via serial codes and pokemon will be legit.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not everyone plays fair anymore anyways, the world of Pokemon is not perfect. Players who pokegen for example, or save edit. That's why I don't take this game seriously.

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Region swapping emunand produces legal events, since it uses the correct region. Opening say a NA cart on a jpn nand produces legal pokemon as well (region and pokemon obtained during the session changes to Japan while the game is in the DS). Using HANS does not (afaik) change this flag, which makes the pokemon "illegal". If you don't give a shit about being that legitimate, do whatever you want, just please don't be stupid about it. I personally bought a JPN ds to collect these events, and trade them (as long as I actually obtained the event through the normal options, I collect events from that lovely event spoofer, but do not trade them publicly as they are in that gray area).

Reactions: Real.96

Ecko3351

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I go about changing my region on my emunand? I would like to dual boot. at least a good guide on dual booting would help a lot, I just don't want to mess things up.

My setup is arm9 and luma cfw.

Last edited by Ecko3351,

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Ecko3351

Ecko3351

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-change-emunand-region.392099/ good luck. Do not region swap sysnand (if people find this later and want to try this for whatever reason, even with a9lh, don't do it)

Thank you so much! I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

Edit
Quick question instead of dual booting can I just change the region on a separate SD that I have emunand on? I would just have to get luma cfw since I already have arm9 installed right?

Sorry for the noob questions lol

Last edited by Ecko3351,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There wouldn't be region changing on Pokemon if Japan didn't get most of the good stuff. So though it's shady, it is a necessary method to get stuff yourself from other regions. Even if you don't claim the events yourself, someone else does, and clones of their claimed events go all over the place. So it's like a virus you can't stop. It certainly saves time on editing with PKHex, I just edit trainer info accordingly, use Luma's region/language emulator, and that's it. As mentioned earlier though, the problem is still country and sub-region. I guess the only way to have those fit into whatever region is emulated is to do a region swapped emunand. I wish there was another way, but I may have to get a separate region emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt