Your favourite Japan exclusive Nintendo game

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 1,859
  • Replies 26
D

Deleted User

OP
There's a number of Japan exclusive games I've played. Star Ocean, Seiken Densetsu 3, a few Naruto GNT games, a few Fire Emblem games. Most of them I played but just didn't get into. But I really loved Naruto GNT 4. Despite being a retard when it comes to the Japanese language I've had some great times playing that game.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sin & Punishment on N64, Bangai-o on N64, Fatal Frame IV on Wii, too many SNES, GBA, and DS games to mention...

Giftpia is simply an amazing game thank fuck I know Japanese.

It's verging on criminal that Giftpia never got localized (and Captain Runbow on Wii) - I'm envious of your language skill level :wink:

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sin & Punishment on N64, Bangai-o on N64, Fatal Frame IV on Wii, too many SNES, GBA, and DS games to mention...

It's verging on criminal that Giftpia never got localized (and Captain Runbow on Wii) - I'm envious of your language skill level :wink:
I only know Japanese because I lived there for 2 years and my wife is Japanese lol.

Reactions: duwen
D

Deleted-379826

OP
I've really only tried Detective Pikachu which was impossible without knowing english and boring, and Mother 3. I probably haven't even played a quarter, but of what I've played for the fanslation it's pretty great.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kuru Kuru Kururin wasn't Japan exclusive - it certainly came out in Europe, as I bought it the week it came out and still own it.

Didn't know it as it never was in the states so I assumed it was japan only

Original game didn't come out in the States on GBA but has since been released in the US on Wii U VC.

There were two sequels, one on GBA and one on GCN, that were Japan only.

Great games. My daughter has an innate talent for them.

FWIW and on-topic, F-Zero Climax is a good one we missed. Also I haven't played it myself, but my daughter tells me SnoopyDS is a lot of fun.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I only know Japanese because I lived there for 2 years and my wife is Japanese lol.

JET?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Me too, and also for two years. 1991-93, if you can imagine that. I think the JET Program was less than 5 years old when I got in. Before "JET" there was a thing called the Monbusho Fellowship, which was for tenured professors from the US, Canada, UK, etc to spend a year in Japan on sabbatical. Someone figured out that wasn't doing the kids any good, and we got JET.

It was tough in the early 90's. No internet. No outside world. I was in a very rural town in Hiroshima Pref. for the first year, then transferred to Hiroshima City for the second year. I worked junior high. You?

(Sorry for the OT, mods. Pls indulge one more reply.)

Last edited by Hanafuda,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: :discuss: