Your Favourite Games 2012

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Do we already have a thread for listing your favourite games? idk. GBAtemp's best games of all time thread is a vote thread that's now an argument thread... so let's just talk about your favourite games without trying to vote a game up just because you like it instead of it being your favourite.

I would start but I hate being first, I'll list mine soon and edit here. Be sure to include descriptions, just listing them is kinda boring and you won't get much talk out of that.

Edit: And just to be clear, it's not your favourite game of 2012, it's all-time. I just put 2012 in case it might become a yearly thing?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
My favourite game of the year SO FAR has been Kid Icarus Uprising for 3DS. It's been an utter delight to play. The writing is hilarious, the characters are amusing, the gameplay is everything I look for in games, and it's massive value for money. £29.97 for a 25 stage campaign, near limitless collectibles and replayability AND addictive multiplayer? Anyone with a 3DS should be contractually obligated to own this game. I hear people belly-ache about the controls but I've never once had an issue with them. It has everything that makes a classic game. The Fiend's Cauldron lets anyone of any skill find their level of play and gradually improve, it's got fantastic graphics and sound, and above all else it's damn good fun.

ScarletCrystals

Useless Bunny of Paradise
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
^ Agreed. Best game on the system so far.

My favorite so far is Spirit Tales. While the gameplay is rather typical MMORPG, everything is just so darn cute. Yes, and I do mean everything.
The community is really friendly and the GM that actually listens to suggestions.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hum... If it's not just 2012, then my fave game would be NeverWinter Nights II for PC, I've always loved the D&D game series and this game it just blends so nicely with that world... The races, character creation (not that good compared to the ones we have these days, but pretty damn good for the time), the way your characters actually had a backstory and a personality that would affect their stories, etc... For me it's my fave PC rpg of all time.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Well, my favorite game of all time is, and will always be, Banjo-Kazooie for N64. Nostalgia plays a big part of course, but the game was just so perfect in every way to me. The characters, the level design, the music, etc.

Animal Crossing (GCN) is also one of my favorite games. The series is great, but the original just stuck with me, and had a certain charm that neither of the 2 other AC games had. I'm really excited for AC3DS, and it's shaping up to be very good. Might even be better than AC for GCN, who knows...

And of course, The Legend of Zelda series has always been close to my heart. So much, that I even have my own fan-game that I've been working on for a few years or so.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really like the Metal Gear Solid series. And MegaTen. And Valkria Chronicles. And Uncharted. And Ys.

I also like the games Platinum games have put out out. I think Lumines on the PSP is fucking fantastic.

Reactions: 1 person

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Fav game of all time? Still and probably will always be - Terranigma on SNES. I just love everything in it, story, music, graphics, gameplay. So glad and happy I own that game. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love me some Mass Effect (all of them), Alan Wake, the Jak series, the Portal series, the Batman: Arkham X games, and all that, but I can't put any of them as my all time favorite game.

For me, that distinction goes to... well, I'm going to cheat and say Timesplitters 2 and Timesplitters: Future Perfect are tied. I've sunk so many hours into those games it's not even funny. Now if we only we could get a good Timesplitters 4...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum