Your Favorite / Least Favorite Websites?

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK everyone I just wanted to know what are your favorite and least favorite social websites and why?

Here are mines:
Favorite
YouTube
- I'm surprised that some people think YouTube is as bad as 4Chan. I mean 4Chan is were internet trolls hang out, and not the comically entertaining ones, YouTube is just a place were people hang out to post or watch videos.
Google - Google is God! That's all I need to say. . .
Yahoo - Even though I don't really use it.
and last but not least . . .
GBATEMP - This has to be the chillest forum I've joined, there's always a project someone can get involved in, and you always learn something new and interesting.

Least Favorite
4Chan
- Ok, the reason I do not like 4Chan is because its filled with who people may have or will be in prison. It's just so I dunno how to describe it, (your description would be appreciated). But yeah 4Chan is almost as bad as. . .
imgur - imgur is without a doubt the sleaziest, nastiest, falsely claiming to have artistic taste website I've ever come across (and I've pioneered my fair share of the internet). The first time I visited this site I found PeeOhR'N' and I just on the main page, THE MAIN PAGE! It is a breeding ground for pessimism and not comedy.
Encyclopedia Dramatica - even though everything is very organized in this website, it is all disgustingly over the top.

*Anyways I want to know your favorite and least favorite websites and your reasons why???

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't really hate websites.
I just dislike the community on them.
Youtube with extremely retarded comment spam, major subreddits, karma farming, upvote farming, excessive spamming and derailing of threads.

Honestly, how I use the Internet...
I just avoid places where fools and idiots gather.

SammyPoke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't really hate websites.
I just dislike the community on them.
Youtube with extremely retarded comment spam, major subreddits, karma farming, upvote farming, excessive spamming and derailing of threads.

Honestly, how I use the Internet...
I just avoid places where fools and idiots gather.

I like this, I guess the websites i despise aren't the websites themselves, but rather the people who participate and create the community in these websites. As for YouTube, I only really pay attention to people who make videos, I couldn't care less about some peasants who just trys to be funny get attention without posting any 'media content'.

Last edited by SammyPoke,
Reactions: Margen67

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Exactly.
Out of every 1000 videos I watch on YT, I prolly scroll down on 3 of them to read a few comments.
If it's a music vid from Dance Gavin Dance or Our Last Night or Jamie's Elsewhere, most comments are just related to:
1. Justin bieber/Jonas brothers and what not
2. Like/dislike bar the size of the penis of JB/idk.
3. Like dislike button misclicks.
4. Stupid spam about something unrelated.
5. Fools farming thumbs up with spam comments.
6. Dumb comments that make no sense at all.

Reddit, same way.
/r/Minecraft, I honestly read it only for patchnotes.
/r/Posthardcore, mainly to listen to music on/new songs from bands.
/r/TIL, just for the interesting links.

Hmm, now that I think about it..
Temp is pretty much the only place I'm actually active on, as in posting and what not.
I already barely register for websites in the first place.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mostly hate fake results or torrent site proxies that link you to ads instead of a magnet link
also file sharing sites that make you wait, have a download limit, or require registration.
Surveys are the worst of all of them.

Obviously my favorite websites are related to roms, music, and torrents.
How can my main source of music, software, and games not be my favorite? :wub:
Really glad I pirated GTA 5. Rockstar can kiss my wallet's ass for their recent decisions.
Not that I could ever afford it. It's never been on sale for a decent price. kek

Same thing happened to me with imgur. And it wouldn't be a problem if you could just turn it off along with suggestions. How can such a popular site not have these basic features? -_-
There's probably a script or extension for that though..

Youtube's design is so bad I had to look up a tutorial on how to message people. (Not that they'll ever read them anyway)
There's no way of replying to people without a G+ account. (why?)
Although Google has a monopoly in this case since there's no superior alternative.
I myself use Youtube to upload videos. Mostly speedrun or video game related but sometimes I upload different stuff.

Yahoo (not sure about Bing) is useful if Google doesn't have a cached site.

The whole point of Enyclopedia Dramatica is to be over the top but it would be nice for it to not show NSFW stuff by default. There's shock images literally everywhere.

I initially registered on GBATemp to like tutorials and lurk. Although once I found VinsCool's multiple personalities thread I thought, "Hey! I used to photoshop stuff all the time. Why not do it for this?"
So I joined the trend and now I'm addicted to making people's avatars.
Nowadays I shitpost much more.
Even if you're not on GBATemp to participate it's a great resource of information.
There are also lots of devs here so that means plenty of CFWs/exploits/hacks ^_^
also github repos to star :^)

It would be nice of Soundcloud to have a download option for ALL songs without any stupid limits.

Twitter's tweet text limit is small and awkward for discussion.

These aren't necessarily my most or least favorites but just my opinion(s).

Last edited by Margen67,

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm considering "Favorite" to be the websites I believe they are near perfect and don't piss me off in any way. These would be:

- Backloggery a simple idea that I've been using for years. I used to have a private account but then people got curious so I said whatever, check it out. I love the idea, the style and the community.
- Papersera an old Disney italian website that got the name from a satire of a generic italian newspaper. The style of the website makes me feel like it never reached the 2000s and it's all right. Even though I don't read a lot of Disney comics anymore, it's still a nice place for articles and discussion in the forums.
- Facebook I know, the current maymay states that Facebook is literally Hitler. I've put A LOT of effort in my profile to make Facebook as enjoiable as possible. And you know what? It works! I am always updated about everything and I don't miss a single thing from the stuff I follow. If you think it sucks then maybe you should start unfollowing/blocking stupid people/stupid groups.

As for "least favorite" websites, I'm going to mention the ones I still visit, but piss me off to no end:

- Reddit I really want to like this website, but I can't. It's 100% customizable, so you can read whatever subreddit you want and you can tag the karmawhores or trolls, so the bigger subs aren't a problem. But the staff has done a lot of shit lately. I gave them another chance after the "popcorn tastes good" guy apologized. I guess we'll see. Not going to Voat, that's for sure.
- YouTube it's the definition of "anything but comfort zone". As soon as I get used to the new changes BAM, here comes something else. Also the community is really bad, from the trolls in the comment section to the awful videos of many self-proclaimed artists. I still visit it because at least the playback problems of 5 years ago are finally gone.

Websites that will never be eligible for "Favorite"

- Any news website I used to visit a lot (Nintendo Life, PC Gamer, BBC News). Zite made them obsolete. Sorry guys </3

That's about it. There are a bunch of other websites I visit that vary from "below eh" to "above eh".

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Love

Twitter for news, friends and that stuff

Gbatemp for the community

YouTube for videos

Quizlet for help on school

And a few others I can't mention (you can guess)

Ones I hate

Fake websites

Ad/spam websites

Bitchy blogs

And that's it I only go on 10 or so sites regularly

jDSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorites I tend to most when I can:
My Digital life- Because of how bios's work and also bio mods the community is friendly and if you have a windows installation problem, they always are there to help you, overall I like this site and frequent it on a weekly bases just to see the headlines.
Facebook- I have family and friends here so you know what that means ungodly amounts of drama unfold on my page. (Now I wish I didn't have an account whelp)
GBAtemp- honesty was this a surprise? I come here everyday just to see what "hax" happen and enjoy myself reading old old threads and go back to 'those days' much nostalgia is here if you just look for it at the right place. Oh and this place is tame compared to other gaming forums. No seriously, not joking there.

Least favorite:
RPG codex- Toxic, toxic everywhere and the mods are snobs not to mention they never help you out when asked it's always a public affair with them, shitposts, nothing being done about trolls etc. It cannot be underestimated how bad it is there (and god help you if you like jrpgs).
Twitter- I don't see the craze mostly seems just like post random here and get response and oh look now they are following (stalking) you and want to post again? Sorry but that isn't a liked enough tweet you loose followers. Big deal I can care less about twitter.
Tumblr- Reblog reblog..reblog...circlejerk band wagon basicly you post here and wait till something happens to you and HOLY CRAP SOMEONE NECROBUMPED WE MUST BECOME KEYBOARD WARRIORS NOW. I don't get what is the point of this?

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is it really a surprise? GBAtemp is a fantastic community in comparison with other forum-related websites. Most of the people here are helpful and post some cool things. I felt welcomed here right from the start. ;)

Reactions: VinsCool and jDSX

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Sites like Youtube or Facebook are so widely used that you can barely call them a community in particular. As for blogs and forums, all have their fair share of rotten people. 4chan is essentially a list of very big threads and each thread is a community of their own. Then there are sites like Reddit and Tumblr which are good sites by design but are known for attracting some pretty nasty discussions.

Sites I've had best experience with in terms of community:
GBATemp - Polite and helpful. Only wish people posted a little more.
Funnyjunk - The community on this site is stupid. Really stupid. But the entertainment value I've gotten from the content and comments on that site is so high I find it difficult not to like it.

Sites I've had bad experience with:
Youtube - The comment section feels so clustered together and there's hardly any interaction at all, with most comments being related directly to the video or just jumble.
9gag - L337 MEMES TOLLOLOL

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Lemme see...

Favourite Sites in no particular order
GBAtemp for its cool stuff, cool people and weird stuff.
imgur for image uploads
Twitch because of TPP
ZeldaInformer for all of that news I'm willing to read
Gamnesia for same as the above
Wololo for its coverage on Sony Consoles
PokeCommunity because of Pokemon
Minecraft Forum for its Minecraft stuff
Planet Minecraft for its awesome skins
Some illegal download sites

Least favorite sites in no particular order
Google Drive - free 16 GB of cloud storage is pretty nice except most downloads are a fail

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr