Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Asian Dramas Are as essential As Movies, Anime, Sitcoms etc etc is To Asian Community. Just as TV shows in America are essential as Movies and such. Many brings out the realism of life and the complications of one's life and adds it into a drama. It helps the viewers sink in to the drama and enjoy them. Such as Many Anime are full of fiction it Wow's the viewers and Lets them sink in to its world. While Drama is meant to captivate The Viewers. To make them Cry, Laugh, Smile, Relate, Reflect to the things happening. Everyone has a different reason to why they watch dramas. For me it is because of its inspiration that it tries to give, The message of the Story. The emotion the actors put into the drama, The facial expressions the music the tears the laughters. There is something in every drama that a viewer can relate to. Whether it been relating to losing a loved one , Meeting new friends, Losing friends. Falling in love, facing hard times in one's life. And many more. Me been of Spanish Blood have seen Novelas before. Its Spanish Dramas. Novelas focus more on love and the impossible. It shows things that is normally Not possible in real life and make it realistic. American Dramas focus more on different matters. Like doctor's, Crime Scene, House/workplace, Each has a different thing going for it. Asian Dramas are more of reality issues as well as love and things that also wouldn't normally happen, But many focus more on life in its setting and issues that commonly happen there in real life. >.< well. This whole part above ^ doesn't really Matter to this topic but I just felt like adding What Asian dramas basically are. There is more to asian dramas then What I wrote so Don't come to think that's All I think there is to Asian Dramas. No there is much more but It is too much to write. Blaahahhhhh Anyways on to the topic:

Well I don't know how many people here watch Asian Dramas such as Japanese Dramas, Korean Dramas, Taiwanese Dramas. I've watched Dramas since a while back. Last year alone I watched like 60+ Dramas X_x with work in between! woot! lol anyways If you seen any asian drama please share what is your fave or favorites!

Well My favorite Drama is a Jdrama. Called Great Teacher Onizuka

Canalblog_Manga_GTO_Live_DVD_Acteurs2.jpg

See that picture? Well every student there before the picture was taken Hated that guy and wanted him dead lol. This movie is very old I believe around 11 years old and its one of japans highest rated dramas. with a 28.3 Viewership ratings. Of all the new dramas out on this date and time there have not been one to get such high viewer ratings. Its very inspirational and a must watch. You will no doubt learn many things about this drama and be inspired to be a better person :]

The Main Actor is Takashi Sorimachi. He is my favorite actor. All his drama and movies are so inspirational. He is one of the reason why I keep moving forward without regrets. The fact that he does this movies and dramas not for money but to be able to motivate viewers to live a life to the fullest is a great thing :]

Great Drama You will love it I guarantee! Sorry for this video tho I wanted to show you the one I did but its in a diff site T.T still its good! has subs too for the parts you here them talk.

Hope to know your fave dramas!

EDIT: If you want to know about any Asian drama been mentioned in this thread or To know what other dramas are out there. please do visit this trust worthy Site with lots of valuable info.Asian Drama Information And Summaries and... such

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
AXYPB said:
I saw the live action GTO. It is the only Asian drama show I enjoyed to date.

Yea man ^.^ its really good. I missed watching it so I started watching it again. You know they have a special episode for it and a movie also (movie is suppose to be a sequel of the show) But yea gto is great

QUOTE(m_kha @ Jan 16 2009, 07:46 AM) I don't watch that much but my favorites are: Hero, Bloody Monday and Kare naru Ichizuko.

I saw Bloody monday and Kare Naru Ichizuko as well. good dramas
mthrnitesmiley.gif

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I should try out GTO. The last asian drama I ever watched was Ichi Ritoru No Namida (1 Litre of Tears). You're not human if you don't cry after watching that. I loved it, but that was back then.

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
I guess I should try out GTO. The last asian drama I ever watched was Ichi Ritoru No Namida (1 Litre of Tears). You're not human if you don't cry after watching that. I loved it, but that was back then.

1 litre of tears made me cry buckets man. Every episode after episode 1 was soooo sad. its like killing you after each episode T.T -cry-

QUOTE(da_head @ Jan 16 2009, 05:35 PM) great teacher onizuka? isn't that an anime?

i know a few (none that i've watched of course)
hana yuri dango
hana kimi (which is also a manga)

um..i can't remb any more i swearz

Hana Kimi and Hana Yori Dango are very good *o* Funny and sweet as well.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't watch anything but Japanese dramas (I don't speak Chinese or Korean) but I've really enjoyed Summer Snow, GTO, Taihou shichau zo,and some of Gokusen.

I'm watching Yama Onna Kabe Onna, Sapuri, and Densha Otoko now.

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kikuchiyo said:
I don't watch anything but Japanese dramas (I don't speak Chinese or Korean) but I've really enjoyed Summer Snow, GTO, Taihou shichau zo,and some of Gokusen.

I'm watching Yama Onna Kabe Onna, Sapuri, and Densha Otoko now.

Is densha otoko where Ito Misaki is? I think I remember a drama she did. I think its Densha Otoko. is it good? I've been wanting to see some more dramas with her in it. an Yea. I mostly Watch Japanese Dramas. Maybe three chinese ones. Korean I don't watch but I watch the movies lol.

ENDscape

REBORN! I will post with my Dying Will!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would have to say 1リットルの涙 and タイヨウのうた。 I love me some Sawajiri Erika, although shes a bitch now adays...

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Why does the kid on the far left have typical anime hair?? (less spikes though)

I can hardly stand sit-coms. don't make me sit through some gay drama. it always seems to have crappy actors or lame scripts.

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ENDscape said:
I would have to say ??????? and ???????? I love me some Sawajiri Erika, although shes a bitch now adays...

Ahh I hate when she does dramas based on real stories. its like so damn sad. I watched both of the ones u said 1 litre and tayo uta. and its like killing me when I watch it lol. I never finished ??????? due to the fact that I know it will be a sad ending and I can not bare any more tear jerking dramas lol

QUOTE(juggernaut911 @ Jan 17 2009, 09:59 PM) Why does the kid on the far left have typical anime hair?? (less spikes though)

I can hardly stand sit-coms. don't make me sit through some gay drama. it always seems to have crappy actors or lame scripts.

His hair is not spikey. If you watch the drama you would know. and its not a sitcom either. American sitcoms sucks ass thats for sure. atleast for me. If you ever watch a Jdrama. One of the many good ones. You would not think they are bad actors or lame scripts :] I for one Think inspirational dramas or dramas that Want to express something isn't gay lol. At least if you understand what they are saying that is. But of course everyone is entitled to their opinion :] that is also why I made this lil topic :] I agree with you on sitcoms. But Jdramas. or any asian drama are not sitcoms. There is a big difference between dramas and sitcoms. Fun thing Is Jdramas mostly are there to inspire kids and teens. By messages such as loving yourself. Be who you want to be. Follow your own path. Your future is not set in stone.. etc

ps. Thanks guys for reading this topic and letting me know your dramas that you like :] ?????

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
JDrama: Shota no Sushi and if it counts... Kamen rider series
KDrama: Ghost (classic, wouldn't be surprised if no one knows about it), Kkot boda namja (HYD Remake, started airing not too long ago)
don't know where to get tw so i dont watch that

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They aired Hana Yori Dango remake all ready? wow are the actors good for the role? i've seen the other HYD ones.

Kamen riders? isn't that with a person in a bug looking suit? lol do not remember well.

I used to watch all my dramas including TW in Crunchyroll its a website with a very large selection of dramas and anime. but lately they been taking out the videos. I don't know why tho. its getting annoying So I look elsewhere now for my shows

Nocturnius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
miruki said:
Kimi wa Petto, My Boss My Hero, Gakko ja Oshierarenai! aaaaaand Gokusen!

Makki! and Sakura something lol I love My Boss My hero its like hilarious. I never watched Gokusen but it is suppose to be like a more intense version of GTO right? where the students are very messed up. Reminds me of a drama called Seito Shokun a bit similar to gokusen. everyone wants the teacher dead lol

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Can't say I watch alot of them but I enjoyed Seven Swords, Return of the Condor Heroes, Gokusen and Dragon Zakura (I think that's what it's called anyway). I also watched a few episodes of a Japanese cop show that was comedy-ish, it was ok but I can't remember the title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM