tipsy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
I've been looking through various "Best Nintendo DS Games" lists over Google, and Amazon, and I've downloaded many of the top rated games but .. they just aren't as fun as they sound in the reviews.

I've grown a bit tired of the games I currently have, so I need help on new games to get.
Could you please post your favorite game(s) and possibly a description of why you like it?
I'd appreciate it.
Thanks!
smile.gif

blackmaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
42 All Time Classics/ Club House Games
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Brain Age
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime
Elite Beat Agents
Final Fantasy 3
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
Metroid Prime: Hunters
New Super Mario Bros.
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!
Phoenix Wright 1 and 2
Sonic rush
Starfox: Command
Tetris DS
Trauma Centre: Under the Knife
Wario Ware Touched

Not copy and pasted, honest!

tipsy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
42 All Time Classics/ Club House Games
Advance Wars: Dual Strike
Animal Crossing: Wild World
Brain Age
Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow
Dragon Quest: Rocket Slime
Elite Beat Agents
Final Fantasy 3
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Mario Kart DS
Meteos
Metroid Prime: Hunters
New Super Mario Bros.
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!
Phoenix Wright 1 and 2
Sonic rush
Starfox: Command
Tetris DS
Trauma Centre: Under the Knife
Wario Ware Touched

Not copy and pasted, honest!

I think I saw a list similar to that, and I tried quite a few on those, and they aren't that fun ...
Like how in Sonic Rush -- you only really have to press the right button and the game just goes on for you.
And WarioWare Touched is too *mini* and you have to wait for him to go places.
I think I could go on ... =x

But thanks for the reply anyway! ^^

blackmaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well maybe if you tell us what kind of games you like we can try to rustle up some ideas for you? What floats your boat in a game?

tipsy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well maybe if you tell us what kind of games you like we can try to rustle up some ideas for you? What floats your boat in a game?

I'm really up for any fun game.

Maybe not RPG games as there are a ton of those, unless you can recommend a very good RPG game.

-by the way, people sure reply fast here!
biggrin.gif

blackmaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sega Touch Darts I really enjoy personally.

I always come back to it.

Also Picross is great for when you want a workout.

Either of the Castlevania games are great.

And Advance Wars will keep you going for hours. If you want to see a good few clips from rare games just click this link

DS Game clips

tipsy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland

And Advance Wars will keep you going for hours. If you want to see a good few clips from rare games just click this link

DS Game clips

Oh I tried Advance Wars, it seemed kinda boring .. maybe it's because I didn't really get into it and learn how to play. heh
I tried Castlevania but whenever it gets to the boss I always die. And I hate how you have to start over the beginning. Maybe it's because I'm not a good gamer, but its kinda hard.
But thanks I'll try the other ones.
smile.gif

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

DS Game clips

Dude, Rick Astley?

I'd help you out but all the ones I recommend are ones I am sure you'll have heard of. Mario Kart and Hotel Dusk are ones you just absolutely, positively must play.

blackmaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You've just been rickrolled!

From Wikipedia:

"Never Gonna Give You Up" is a pop-dance song originally performed by Rick Astley. Taken from the multi-million selling debut album Whenever You Need Somebody written and produced by Stock Aitken Waterman. It was a worldwide number one hit, initially in the singer's native United Kingdom in 1987, where it stayed at number one for five weeks and was the best selling single that year.

It went on to be a number one throughout Europe, and then on to hit number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in the United States on March 12, 1988. It also reached number one in Australia on December 1987.

Music Video

In the music video, Astley is seen both singing and dancing to the song, in various venues, sometimes interlaced with backup dancers. Venues range from a resturaunt, to several outdoor areas.

Internet Phenomenon

More recently, the song has become an internet phenomenon, spreading throughout the internet and being referred to as a rick roll or rickroll. A link to the video is often disguised as a link to something else, such as a video game trailer or photos from a weekend vacation. The idea being to fool others to click on the link and become "Rick Roll'd." To "Rick Roll" someone is like an internet version of playing a light prank on someone, making them the object of playful ridicule. [1]

Edit: And you're right, Hotel Dusk is sensational. It's sad to say my favourite ds game is actually a gba game, I play Zelda the minish cap more than any ds game! It's essential.

blackmaff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Patience is a virtue. Stick with it, it's like an interactive book, it's got such a good story and the characters are so interesting.

qtrinh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Daigasso! Band Brothers"
It's a rhythm game that, unlike Elite Beat Agents, uses the buttons instead of the touch screen.
It has different categories of songs such as, Classical, Songs from Games, J-pop, etc.
You choose a category, then choose a song, then choose which band member you want to be...
biggrin.gif

Brothers in Arms
I felt this was pretty good... a 3rd person shooter using the stylus like a mouse. It'll propably distract you for a good week.

tipsy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Switzerland
"Daigasso! Band Brothers"
It's a rhythm game that, unlike Elite Beat Agents, uses the buttons instead of the touch screen.
It has different categories of songs such as, Classical, Songs from Games, J-pop, etc.
You choose a category, then choose a song, then choose which band member you want to be...
biggrin.gif

Brothers in Arms
I felt this was pretty good... a 3rd person shooter using the stylus like a mouse. It'll propably distract you for a good week.

I tried Daigasso. Do they really have j-pop? I didn't like it because you only really use two buttons, and the music was terrible. It sounded like really bad default phone ringtones. Maybe I just cant find the j-pop section .. I cant really read Japanese. =P

I tried Brothers in Arms, it was kind of confusing and not too fun.

CannonBallZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just started playing

Mario & Luigi Partners in Time

after a long while, because I had played M&L superstar saga before and I thought it was better. but so far it's pretty good. try it, it has similar game play to paper mario(n64)

memphisB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I have played fairly amount of NDS games with m3. Most of them are alright and offers decent entertainment but one that really stood out for me is Age of Empire : Age of Kings. I am not too sure for the rest of guys here but its tough for me and had me going back every night after work. I ve lost and keeping back and trying out diff plans of defend and attack. Man its just as fun as the one rls on PC that I played on Zone.

pristinemog

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just started playing

after a long while, because I had played M&L superstar saga before and I thought it was better. but so far it's pretty good. try it, it has similar game play to paper mario(n64)

That's the last DS game I beat. I played Superstar Saga but for some reason never had the desire to play Partners in Time until I watched my friend's girlfriend play it. Good thing I did. I loved that game, one of the reasons being that they laid off using the 'Luigi who?' joke so much.

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
Oh I tried Advance Wars, it seemed kinda boring .. maybe it's because I didn't really get into it and learn how to play. heh
I tried Castlevania but whenever it gets to the boss I always die. And I hate how you have to start over the beginning. Maybe it's because I'm not a good gamer, but its kinda hard.
But thanks I'll try the other ones.Â
smile.gif

What do you mean, start over the beginning? There are save points before each boss, so if you die you can fight the boss over and over again. Also the bosses arn't hard.. maybe you just need to give it a few more goes.

DoS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I just started playing

after a long while, because I had played M&L superstar saga before and I thought it was better. but so far it's pretty good. try it, it has similar game play to paper mario(n64)

That's the last DS game I beat. I played Superstar Saga but for some reason never had the desire to play Partners in Time until I watched my friend's girlfriend play it. Good thing I did. I loved that game, one of the reasons being that they laid off using the 'Luigi who?' joke so much.
The best parts of the game are when the characters speak. Luigi saying "Mario!", Mario saying "Luigi!", Mario and Luigi saying "Babies!!!" are so well made and fun to listen
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse