Hardware Your Favorite 3DS XL Screen Protecter

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
My favourite has to be the top half of the 3DS. Amazingly, it protects both screens with just a single application. I've used it and tested it personally and, for me, it just does a really good job. :tpi:

Reactions: DigitalDeviant

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont care what brand it is as long as it protects my screen. Im using Insten screen protectors. People who usually don't have screen protectors usually are the ones who treat their system like shit and sell it on ebay for ridiculous prices.

Kirito-kun

Disciple of GabeN
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What are these "screen protectors" that you speak of?

Honestly though, I don't see the point. Screen protectors ruin the beauty and clarity of the screen. I don't even use a screen protector on my Galaxy S2. (Gorilla glass though)

sLpFhaWK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use screen protectors on anything I buy, phones, ipad, 3ds's etc for that one reason. they ruin clarity.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armor Suit.

It's the only one that actually covers both screens (Zagg only does the top...), I totally suggest getting the full body protector for $25, those are amazing. They're basically window clings, so they won't damage your system any if you want to take the protector off.

Surprised most of you guys don't use screen protectors. My systems always get really damaged due to use if I don't.

cutemelon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hori
i've always heard good things about them and i've always had a good experience with the hori screen protectors on my ds/psp

the one on my 3ds is really nice, after i managed to place it without getting any bubbles i can not even tell that it is there
well made good quality

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screen protectors are like condoms. Sometimes they can reduce sensitivity, and sometimes they don't look pretty. But when something bad happens, and you didn't have protection, its your own fucking fault.

I mean go on Youtube and something and look at screen protector and gorilla glass tests. Gorilla Glass 1, 2, or 3 are scratch and impact resistant, not proof. Under the right conditions, something can and will go wrong, and you'd kick yourself in the ass if you could if you knew cheap sheet of plastic could have prevented any sort of permanent damage. And mentioning you've been using a screen protector since day 1 on eBay doesn't fall on deaf ears. People do take notice, and they pay $20-$70 more for a device THATS BEEN TAKEN CARE OF, than devices listed with scratches and scuffs here and there. So fucking what if your "Galaxy S2" has Gorilla Glass... There are newer devices with newer, denser, stronger versions of Gorilla Glass and they still can scratch by denser objects and materials. And if you're a baby, and complain about "Oh but it ruins the beauty-" No you dumb mother fucker, most screen protectors actually cover up and conceal light scratched with the benefit of protecting from more scratches. And this is even after talking about high-performance scratch-resistant GLASS... Don't get me started on the cheap plastic of the NDS and 3DS.

News flash, not all Nintendo DS and 3DS stylus come off the mold/manufacturing process perfectly. A small amount get past inspection with a tiny bead of plastic protruding out that you can't notice with your eyes, and they can and will cut deep into your cheap 3DS screen. You think a screen protector ruins the beauty of the screen? Well you know what else does? Scratches. Even if protectors add as little as 10% more protection, don't you thin that makes them worth it?

Screen protectors are something I'm very passionate about, because they're incredibly cheap and can prevent minor and major accidents alike, and preserve the value of your investment. Because here's the thing about a screen protector:

Screen protectors are temporary, scuffs and scratches are permanent.

lukands

I took the little bus here
Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
Not a fan of screen protectors for any of my electronics (BB, iPad, psp, ds, etc...) i have tried them but quickly took them off, don't really see the need for them......all my screens are still in great shape.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Never had one on my DS, its screens are fine, so I haven't bothered with my 3XL, just keep it closed when not using it.

If anything I'm more concerned about the outer shell getting scratched, so I just put it back in that little foam envelope it was in inside the box when I'm done with it. Sadly it does nothing to prevent finger prints.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Top screen: don't see the point

Bottom screen: the one I manage to install properly (no bubbles, perfect clarity), by trial and error. So far, "Big Ben" brand. Never tried Hori. Tried some cheap no brands off ebay, usually crap (at least the one I tried).

Pro tip (pun intended): stick to nintendo first party styluses. The only serious scratch I experienced (back when I was a "protectors? what protectors?"-kind of guy) was caused by a no brand stylus. Unfortunately there's no way to buy original (not licensed, nintendo made) 3DS XL and DSi XL styluses outside North America and Japan. For the DSi XL, you can use the DSi (3 packs) ones, it's just shorter but it fits the receptacle. For the 3DS XL, I don't know, ask somebody in the US (or some forwarding service) to buy you a bunch 3DS XL official replacement styluses from Nintendo Store N.A. (it's beyond me why Nintendo Store Europe doesn't carry them)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead