Trophies
Website
jphtemp.net
XP
Country
United States
How about a serious topic today?
biggrin.gif

What's your favorite 3D Legend of Zelda game?

Having played all of them except Majora's Mask, I'm going to say Twilight Princess.
wink2.gif

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Wind Waker. I don't consider it the best, but I do consider it my favorite. I loved everything about that game. Well, except for the fact that it was a bit too easy, just a bit. And it could have used a few more dungeons, but they were cut so that Nintendo could get it out faster. Other than that though, loved every minute of it.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Wind Waker, the perfect Zelda game, awesome music, characters, locations, side quests, what most people see as it's downside: the sea traveling, was always enjoyable for me.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Majora's Mask for sure. I've praised this game on several forums, and now I'll do it again.

Majora's mask is a very unique experience. It's very dark and quite depressing. It ranges from Scary, creepy, disturbing, depressing, calming, to down right sad. If you've heard of the genre "dementia" for really bizzare anime and shows, that's what Majora's Mask falls under. It was a whole new experience to me. I'd never played a depressing game or a really creepy game before, and I've never seen or heard of anything quite like Majora's Mask. The wide range of emotions felt throughout the game was neat, and overall, the game completely fascinated me. I've never been so sucked into a game before, and I probably never will be again. It's the most intriguing, and fascinating game ever, and I love every bit of it.

Ocarina of Time is considered the best to many people, but it just doesn't have the same atmosphere as Majora's Mask that makes it so great.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Twilight princess is my favorite by far. I really liked the storyline and the kids who worshipped Link were kool. I never played Ocarina of Time but before TP was released, Majora's Mask was my favorite 3D Zelda.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd say Ocarina of Time and Wind Waker are on par with one another. OofT introduced us to a 3d link and Majora's Mask was the most original title of the LOZ games, I didn't play it too much and didn't get into it - though for many it was one of the best titles.

LOZ:TP has down is the worst 3D Zelda game to date. It was absolute crap, and was FAN SERVICE for all those whiny bitches that thought Wind Waker looked gay, using names like PowerPuff Link and the like. All those bastards wanted an adventure that revisited Link in an older form. I loathe Twilight Princess, it's the bastard child that should never have been born. One of the best selling Wii titles being a GC Port with tacked on wii controls is pretty damn sad.

I hope Nintendo go back to making an innovative Zelda game again, without tacked controls and making and enjoyable, original action-adventure game. Nintendo did say that Twilight Princess will be the last recognisable Zelda title. Or something to that effect

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twilight princess is my favorite by far. I really liked the storyline and the kids who worshipped Link were kool. I never played Ocarina of Time but before TP was released, Majora's Mask was my favorite 3D Zelda.

blink.gif
BLASPHEMY!!! TP is just a prettier OoT anyways. OoT is my favorite Zelda and likely my favorite game ever.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majora's Mask for sure. I've praised this game on several forums, and now I'll do it again.

Majora's mask is a very unique experience. It's very dark and quite depressing. It ranges from Scary, creepy, disturbing, depressing, calming, to down right sad. If you've heard of the genre "dementia" for really bizzare anime and shows, that's what Majora's Mask falls under. It was a whole new experience to me. I'd never played a depressing game or a really creepy game before, and I've never seen or heard of anything quite like Majora's Mask. The wide range of emotions felt throughout the game was neat, and overall, the game completely fascinated me. I've never been so sucked into a game before, and I probably never will be again. It's the most intriguing, and fascinating game ever, and I love every bit of it.

Ocarina of Time is considered the best to many people, but it just doesn't have the same atmosphere as Majora's Mask that makes it so great.

If you like those kind of games, I suggest you play the king: STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. While you're at it, watch the movie and read the book.

I have to say TP....

Commander

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Too be honest I am not a big fan of Zelda games.

I choose Wind Waker due to the fact I love cell shading when its done properly. All games should be cell shaded.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
LOZ:TP has down is the worst 3D Zelda game to date. It was absolute crap, and was FAN SERVICE for all those whiny bitches that thought Wind Waker looked gay, using names like PowerPuff Link and the like. All those bastards wanted an adventure that revisited Link in an older form. I loathe Twilight Princess, it's the bastard child that should never have been born. One of the best selling Wii titles being a GC Port with tacked on wii controls is pretty damn sad.

I hope Nintendo go back to making an innovative Zelda game again, without tacked controls and making and enjoyable, original action-adventure game. Nintendo did say that Twilight Princess will be the last recognisable Zelda title. Or something to that effect

I don't want to get into a thing about this, but I completely disagree. So it was fan service, so what? I happened to love Wind Waker, it's not just one of my favorite Zelda games, it's one of my favorite games period. But that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy Twilight Princess. It wasn't just for fans who were upset about Wind Waker. If anything it was more for those fans who couldn't get enough off OoT.

Now for the following example I want to take the TP Wii version out of the equation. Forget about the motion controls, that's too polarizing an issue. Let us instead focus on the GameCube version of the title. As we all know, Ocarina of Time is considered to be one of, if not the greatest game of all time (another argument I don't want to have right now), but Twilight Princess was the natural extension of that game. I find it extremely difficult to believe that anyone could hate TP without hating OoT.

Twilight Princess was, in every way, a better game. Is it so wrong to love a game that refines every aspect of the series? The GameCube version of Twilight Princess has the enhanced battle mechanics of Wind Waker. More advanced horse riding, including horseback combat. A deeper, darker, and more complex story than the average Zelda game (it wasn't simply "Zelda has been kidnapped, oh noes!"). More dungeons and a larger more detailed world than even that of Ocarina of Time. And so on. It was an improvement on every single aspect of what OoT did. How can that be a bad thing? When you improve on, arguably, one of the greatest games of all time, how does that make it "a bastard child"?

The bottom line, if you hate Twilight Princess, you hate Ocarina of Time by extension, because Twilight Princess was everything OoT was... except better. And if you choose to argue that it was too similar I'll bring up two points: the only things that were similar were the tone of the visuals, the story was nothing alike. And those similarities in the tone that did exist existed because, as they've stated before... TP is a direct sequel to Ocarina of Time; in both style and timeline. Hating TP for being thematically similar would be like hating Link's Awaking for being like Link to the Past. Or Phantom Hourglass for being too similar to Wind Waker. They're similar because they're directly linked.

_Snott_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think TP was the best so far, but I loved Wind waker and Majoras Mask for trying something new.
When it comes to 2d and 3d Zelda games, ALttP will forever remain my favorite.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Wind Waker is easily my favourite
I think it's achieved a timeless design, that will always feel great coming back to from any console in the future.
The culture, characters, areas, music, just amazing.

Majora's Mask is however, the best imo.
it's the only zelda game (and one of the few games in general) that really tried something unique, MM is a testament to how solid and versatile the zelda blueprint is, and it's certainly the least appreciated.

Twilight princess is easily the worst imo.
too many dungeons to the point of feeling like a dungeon crawler, overworld was artificial, no interesting areas except for lake hylia, characters were worthless, story was dumb.. it was basically the base of every zelda game, but they didn't build it into anything unique.
But that's what most people seemed to want.. so I dunno..

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OoT was awesome and has a wonderful story and presentation. An absolute classic

MM tried something different and showed a darker side to the series. I'd say it was the worse of the series BUT its still a classic game.

WW is eye candy and has some of the most amazing graphical effects and style to any game before and after. Unlike most 3D games, it won't ever look dated. The expressions on Links face adds even more character to him. Gameplay is perfect, I loved the little things (like sticking one of those nut things on my head so a seagull eats it and then I fly as the seagull!). The score is fantastice, dramatic and really sets each scene up well. The only problem I have with it is the boring treasure hunting bit near the end. A lot of people didn't like the sailing but it was Nintendo's way of getting past the loading screen and I liked it. What would you rather have, a screen saying "loading" or just sailing around doing something?

TP was pure fan wank, I loved it but yeah way too many dungeons and the story was very generic. It kinda felt like Nintendo was trying to please those idiots who saw WW as "childish".

I guess its Wind Waker but they all have their moments of greatness. When I play OoT again I'm sure my mind will change and same with WW afterwards.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: lol