Your ancestral roots....

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm 100% Canadian, but I have Scottish origins.

That makes me whiter than white
smile.gif

Scandinavia blood is something Hitler could only dream of.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Funny how world's all mixed. Those philipinos with spaniards is something I like that we're somehow connected despite being so different and far away. In some bad way, maybe, because of colonialism? Who gives a shit, I don't think you feel like taking revenge now, and I don't look down upon any of you, so it's cool now. Just funny curious connections.

My grandfathers, they are from two small towns in the mountains in the south of Spain that were repopulated by Germans in the 1500s after the arabs were conquered here in the south, so they're all blue eyed, light haired. My grandmothers were all the opposite, and one of them was kinda gipsy IIRC. However me and my two siblings got only the german genes it seems and we look anything but spaniards.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
ive got french, russian, dutch and austrian ancestors. and maybe some i didnt discover yet. a good mix, right? ^^

my grandparents were all born and raised in germany. but my grandgrandmother was dutch and so on.

RebelX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's see here....

I'm half Korean and half white. My mom is Korean and my dad is white. Also, from telling by my last name, It is possible that my dad's ancestors came from England on the Mayflower.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
One side of my family's English all the way back to the 1500's (my nan and cousin do loads of work on the family tree). The other side has links to Spain and Argentina, fled Argentina for England but that was ages ago. So I think that's a bit too far back to be throwing around any percentages
biggrin.gif

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Both of my parents are 100% Italian, which makes me 100% Italian too, but I moved ages ago to the States and now I live here and I feel part of this society....
Anyway it's interesting because where I am from originally ( the south of Italy ) we had two major colonizations trough the years: the Greeks and the Spanish.
I'm really white, but a little exposure in the summer time sun makes me definitely darker and I remember when I went to Australia on vacation ( 3 months eh eh..) some people even thought I was Greek or native from New Zealand !
So I'd like to trace back my origin and see if there's any Greek or Spanish blood in my family, even if that would mean go back a thausand years of history.
Does anybody know if such a research is possible on Internet ? Last time I tried several years ago, I only find a handful of sites that required a fee, so I didn' t bother.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
ARM73 said:
Does anybody know if such a research is possible on Internet ? Last time I tried several years ago, I only find a handful of sites that required a fee, so I didn' t bother.

i found a naturalization petition from 1900 belonging to my grand grand grand aunt on http://arcweb.archives.gov/arc/action/BasicSearchForm e.g.

so yeah, its possible, but only to a certain degree.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mom - British
Dad - Canadian

Family history traces back to England during the 1600's and Scotland a few generations before that. We had family in the Monarchy in England, before the country became one region ruled by a single person regions had Duke's, our ancestor was the Duke of York.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ARM73 said:
Both of my parents are 100% Italian, which makes me 100% Italian too, but I moved ages ago to the States and now I live here and I feel part of this society....
Anyway it's interesting because where I am from originally ( the south of Italy ) we had two major colonizations trough the years: the Greeks and the Spanish.
I'm really white, but a little exposure in the summer time sun makes me definitely darker and I remember when I went to Australia on vacation ( 3 months eh eh..) some people even thought I was Greek or native from New Zealand !
So I'd like to trace back my origin and see if there's any Greek or Spanish blood in my family, even if that would mean go back a thausand years of history.
Find someone who is Mormon and they will help you out. One of my grandfathers is and he traced back our family history over 500 years through the church.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Well, it depends how far back you go, essentially, we're all of African origin
rolleyes.gif
, but as far as my family tree goes (about 200 years in the past), I'm 100% Slovene ...
tongue.gif
My great-grandmother was born in Cleveland, but she was of Slovene origin and later returned back here, so that doesn't count.
smile.gif
Interestingly enough, my last name is Hungarian.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins